Release ~~ Super JumpKick Turbo ~~

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
It's the game very few of you have been waiting for (if any of you at all).

e3e84d2e-5ae9-11e5-8608-5f0a39871582.png

Super JumpKick Turbo is a 2 button fighting game, with mechanics basically stolen from DiveKick. You have a Jump button and a Kick button. One hit KO.

Probably not much from a game point of view, there's no story.

Network play is available, and it uses the same rollback system that GGPO does. However, from my tests, the Pandora isn't a great client for network games.

I would also advise against anything other than playing on a LAN. Whilst you can play over the internet, obviously such a "twitch" game requires a really fast connection to prevent too many rollbacks.

I also still have a few desync issues that you might see.

Anyway, if you just want a bit of a play. Happy birthday!!! Oh wait, it's my birthday (tomorrow), but nevermind :)

Download

Pandora

Windows and x86 Linux

Woo, amazing stuff. Glad to see this in the wild, finally. :D

You guys should try it out. It's really fun! (Esp. Playing on LAN or two people on one Pandora)

Nice game and fitting music. The allegro.log file should "disabled" before it fills the entire space in a long night of brawling  ;)

Nice game and fitting music. The allegro.log file should "disabled" before it fills the entire space in a long night of brawling  ;)
The music fit the old NeoGeo pocket sprites better IMO, but they're copyrighted. I was hoping Mcobit would have gotten around to the sprites, but I guess he had too much on (or just forgot), so I made do with what I could find.
Yeah, about that log file. I can't remember how that works... Perhaps I should ask ptitSeb

So far I have played a couple solo games, which I enjoyed very much. Not sure if I rated on the repo yet, but I will get around to it soon. It is really nice to be able to just pick up and play, and feels quite polished. I will probably try multiplayer over TV-out at some point and let you know how that goes.

Do you think the wireless latency would be too much for a local game between two Pandoras or between a Pandora and a Pyra? Seems like this would also be fun to play between two units over wifi or bluetooth.

Do you think the wireless latency would be too much for a local game between two Pandoras or between a Pandora and a Pyra? Seems like this would also be fun to play between two units over wifi or bluetooth.

I only have one Pandora, but when I tried vs a Windows PC, I had a bit of lag. However, I guess it depends how good your WiFi is. One thing I never got around to trying is using the USB->Ethernet port on my Pandora to have it all wired.

I've played it a bit. It's fun, but I guess it really shines with a second player. 

Yes, seigelord on the Allegro board said the AI was a bit naff, which it is because it's pretty much an RNG at the minute.

I'm not sure how much development I will do on this, probably not a lot, as I have a few other projects under way, but thanks both for the feedback.

Just given this a go; the core mechanic is surprisingly finessed, given there are only two keys.  I feel this could really be the core of something a bit more, so that you get some sense of progress, but as is it's a fine little curiosity.

Back