[New Game] Super JumpFighter Turbo

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Thought I might as well post about the game I'm working on. Don't have any screenshots or vids at the minute. Hopefully will by the weekend

Super JumpFighter Turbo is a mash up between Street Fighter and DiveKick; I'm using sprites from the Capcom vs SNK: Match of the Millenium NeoGeoPocket game, but using a control scheme very similar to DiveKick.

There will be three buttons instead of two though:

# Jump - Well, causes you to jump

# Kick - When on the ground will let you jump backwards

# Super - Build your super metre, and use the third button to unleash your super. Each character will have their own unique super

Playable Characters:

# Ryu - Super: TBC

# Ken - Super: Shoryuken

# Akuma - Super: Demon Hurricane

# Chun-Li - Super: TBC

# Bison - Super: PsychoCrusher

# Evil Ryu (Hidden Character) - Super: TBC

Designed to support resolutions from 320x240 upwards, and sourcecode will be available; so compiling for any device that supports Ziz's Sparrow3D should be possible.

No, not really a parody. Think of it more like Street Fighter with DiveKick controls, than a DiveKick clone.

Yeah, Sparrow3D! :D I hope I find time this evening or tomorrow to implement your requested feature. ;)

How is it possible for you to use the street fighters sprites? Are they free available?

Last edited by a moderator:
How is it possible for you to use the street fighters sprites? Are they free available?
Well... At the minute I'm just using sprites ripped as is, but I plan to make derivatives. Though I'm not sure exactly where that puts me from a legal standpoint.
Worst case, I'll end up swapping the characters out for a whole new set. Shouldn't be a big deal if I have to do that

Implemented the feature. Negative zoom in sprites / rotozoom works now.

ooh oldschool pixelfest... nice!

Nice, usually I am not a big fan of fighters but this one looks interesting. On the video is the AI playing the two fighters? 

Nice, usually I am not a big fan of fighters but this one looks interesting. On the video is the AI playing the two fighters?
Nar, that was me playing. I've not even got collision detection in yet, never mind AI :D
You only have three buttons, so it's relatively easy to control both characters at the same time.

Nope, there's been zero progress on this. I'm not even sure this will make it any further. My main concern is the graphics and whether I'll find/make some non-commercial ones that don't just look awful.

I have a few other projects mulling around too, but I'm not really going to post about any of them unless there's a pretty decent chance they'll be available for the compo.

So I'll say "Watch this space, but don't hold your breath" ;)

Back