Still Waiting For Your Gp2x To Arrive ??

Deserthamster

Still Fresh
I ordered my GP2x from GP2x.co.uk last week and I was sent an email 3 days later, with the following info.

The delay is due to us currently testing the latest shipment of GP2X consoles. You will receive a confirmation of despatch email on the day it is shipped and it will arrive before 1pm the following day.

The odd thing is,that they only mention on the website that the tv-out cables will be delayed,nothing about the GPX2 :huh:

I`m still waiting to hear from them, Is anyone else waiting for thiers to arrive ?.

I had to send mine back and had to wait 3 1/2 weeks till it came back, it is well worth the wait. Its better to get a tested working one a bit late than a broken one quickly!

Sam

what consists of this testing? turning it on...and then..? what else could they do to test it other than check it turns on?

Mine was supposed to arrive today. Havent received an E-Mail from them yet so will have to wait. Thanks for the heads up, at least I will not have to arrange for someone to be waiting the for all eternity (assuming they send me an E-Mail soon).

Zeon X posted on Feb 2 2006 at 04:16 PM said:
Update to the latest firmware. Check the controls and sd card slot are all working.
Check screen.

so you turn it on, go to test mode screen, test all buttons working fine/screen, turn it off, insert firmware sd card, turn it on, update firmware, check stuff's ok, turn it off, pack it up, ship it:

<10 minute job?

Last edited by a moderator:
Paradox posted on Feb 2 2006 at 09:44 AM said:
what consists of this testing? turning it on...and then..? what else could they do to test it other than check it turns on?
I would hope they turn it on and leave it on for, say, an hour or so. My first unit booted up fine using the pack-in batteries, but died 10 seconds after I started playing an MP3. It wouldn't even boot with rechargables. This was through Dynamism, who I suspect didn't do any checking (although the were cheaper than other locations and relatively quick to send me a replacement.)

I had the same problem with my first unit (would boot with regular batteries but not rechargables, and would only stay on for 4-5 minutes before locking up). sent it back december 20th, got it back yesterday ! :blink: !

but it's all good this one works like a dream.

Paradox posted on Feb 2 2006 at 05:52 PM said:
Update to the latest firmware. Check the controls and sd card slot are all working.
Check screen.

so you turn it on, go to test mode screen, test all buttons working fine/screen, turn it off, insert firmware sd card, turn it on, update firmware, check stuff's ok, turn it off, pack it up, ship it:

<10 minute job?

Yep, now multiply that by the 100+ units per batch.

Thats a lotta minutes ;)

Deserthamster posted on Feb 2 2006 at 03:29 PM said:
I ordered my GP2x from GP2x.co.uk last week and I was sent an email 3 days later, with the following info.

The delay is due to us currently testing the latest shipment of GP2X consoles. You will receive a confirmation of despatch email on the day it is shipped and it will arrive before 1pm the following day.

The odd thing is,that they only mention on the website that the tv-out cables will be delayed,nothing about the GPX2 :huh:

I`m still waiting to hear from them, Is anyone else waiting for thiers to arrive ?.
At least you got an email.

Took 5 weeks for me to get mine back after shipping for a repair. A whole new, non-first-edition unit came back, but it works perfectly and has the newest firmware. As always, though, good email correspondence between the company and myself.

parag0n posted on Feb 2 2006 at 09:13 PM said:
Paradox posted on Feb 2 2006 at 05:52 PM said:
Check screen.

<10 minute job?

Yep, now multiply that by the 100+ units per batch.

Thats a lotta minutes ;)
Yes, it is. Also, they probably don't spend 100% of their time checking gp2x's..... they have a business to run and probably also do things like eating, sleeping, and possibly even taking breaks :eek:

Just be patient, it will be worth it.

I ordered last week (or was it the week before? Feels like forever!) and it hasn't arrived yet. I sent them an e-mail, found out they hadn't sent it yet, but would be doing so "soon".
Someone should update the GP2X.co.uk site and up "Please allow 2-3 weeks for product arrival" rather than "Ships in 48 hours". :p

TKF15H posted on Feb 2 2006 at 11:20 PM said:
I ordered last week (or was it the week before? Feels like forever!) and it hasn't arrived yet. I sent them an e-mail, found out they hadn't sent it yet, but would be doing so "soon".
Someone should update the GP2X.co.uk site and up "Please allow 2-3 weeks for product arrival" rather than "Ships in 48 hours". :p

2-3 weeks :angry: . Thats a bit much considering it said on the site they had stock available and had special 24 hour delivery in the UK. Have arranged for someone to be there tommorrow, if it doesn't arrive I will assume ignorance and E-Mail them inquiring why a 24 hour delivery item hasn't arrived in 72. At the very least I may get a realistic time frame. Prehaps because I'm Welsh they believe they can take as long as needed because we haven't got electricity yet. My legs are killing do you know how much pedalling you have to do to power a PC :lol: .

Back