Gp2x Shortage?

I get the feeling this practice is going to result in a giant pile of "non-275 Mhz capable" GP2X units that GBAX can't sell, and they'll get repainted or something to try and compensate. And maybe be the reason no MK3 ever gets made...

Oh boy... always thinking the worst, aren't you?

You can rest assured, that's not the case.
AFAIK while craig, Fatih and me were in Korea, Jaquelyne (from gp2x.co.uk) also had a few days off (she told me that via eMail). Because of the promotions on the various pages, they had MANY more orders than expected, but weren't there to order the next batch from GPH in time.

That's a simple answer, isn't it? BTW, it's the same reason I'm currently out of stock.

Last edited:
This post has been edited by Alex.: Today, 04:20 PM

I could've sworn this post said something completely different a little while ago :)
You're quite right, and I decided to post something useful (at least to me...) rather than a rant meant to piss Linux users off :) Sometimes I do come to my senses after all and edit my older posts to reflect my 'current' opinions ;)

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK while craig, Fatih and me were in Korea, Jaquelyne (from gp2x.co.uk) also had a few days off (she told me that via eMail). Because of the promotions on the various pages, they had MANY more orders than expected, but weren't there to order the next batch from GPH in time.
What did come of that trip to Korea? Did you accomplish anything or is GPH as mixed up as before? Are they going to fix any of the problems like Craig mentioned or just paint some GP2Xs and make a docking station and call it a day? ...

edit: Hell.. I just read the rest of their page... "you can watch 320*240(30frame) of video file for approximately 8 hours and listen to mp3 file for approximately 14 hours (LCD off ) continuously with 2AA batteries."

Anyone heard of these clowns before?
They sound like the old claims GPH made before the machine came out. They said something like 'video/game' for 8 hours, or 14 with the LCD off to listen to audio. I don't believe anyone's ever duplicated this little feat, maybe with dispoable lithium batteries... but those are VERY expensive.

good idea but cannot be done with stuff. Copyrighted ROMs. Utilities and emu alone are ok.
it doesent seem like gph have had problems violating the law before.

Most of you obviously never have used Linux: this is basically what you do when you install and run Linux programs. You research on how to use it, what files you require, and then you go from there. If you have problems, you check the readme and then read Web Sites/forums/wiki/Google to see if there has been similar problems and then you post if you have no clue.

It's called the Linux experience.
thats so wrong, the linux experience is:
1: identify your level of knowledge
2: identify your needs
3: install distribution matching the above
4: everything works perfectly.

edit:
epicenter:
hahahahaha, yes, and the site also says certified drm, and exactly who certified it? and certified it for what? so that it actually protects? hahahahahaha thats the most ugly joke this year.. (except if m$ really do release vista this year)

Are you referring to their previous blatant disregard for distributing source or minor technicalities regarding the mplayer source? Because if it's the former, then GPH deserved every bit of shit that rained down for that. I'd hardly consider profiting from the copyright infringement of countless Linux contributors to be a "geek technicality". The mplayer thing, though, if the mplayer people are satisfied then everyone else should be, too.

This is a can of worms that's been closed for a while though, so please don't reopen it.

Just to add to my orignal post that I recieved my GP2X this morning with the batteries and charger to follow (thank god for mains adaptors)

Only trouble is I had to go to work and couldnt take it with me :S

Back