Waiting For Gp2x From Gp2x.co.uk...

sparr

I ordered a GP2X from gp2x.co.uk on June 7, it shipped on June 9, and I am still waiting here in Tennessee USA. I was rather eager yesterday, figuring that after the weekend near the end of the 'expected 4-12 days' was a pretty sure thing. No luck. So I ask... Who else is waiting? Anyone whose order shipped before mine? Has anyone stateside gotten theirs who ordered after I did? I figure in another day or two I will make some sort of more official inquiry with the USPS or gp2x.co.uk.

Cool, another USA gp2x user like me!
gp2x.co.uk usually has the slowest service because many people buy from them.

You should have just bought from gp32z.com in the USA.

No, all units ship the same day, you most likely just chose Airmail as the shipping method, something we have no control over, it is always in the USA within 2 days, it is the internal mail service which is slow.

USPS Airmail is not slow. I have sent and recieved hundreds of packages this way, and even slower ways such as Media Mail. I have never seen a package take more than 4 days to cross the US, even by truck. But anecdotal evidence is neither here nor there... I want to know about the state of UK->US airmail as of last week and this week. So I am looking for other people who ordered from gp2x.co.uk before or after I did so I can get some estimate of when mine might arrive.

USPS Airmail is not slow. I have sent and recieved hundreds of packages this way, and even slower ways such as Media Mail. I have never seen a package take more than 4 days to cross the US, even by truck. But anecdotal evidence is neither here nor there... I want to know about the state of UK->US airmail as of last week and this week. So I am looking for other people who ordered from gp2x.co.uk before or after I did so I can get some estimate of when mine might arrive.

You sir, are extremely lucky then. I have had repeated shipments that took over a month to arrive, and one of them took three.

Last edited by a moderator:
CraigX: When I ordered mine from gp2x.co.uk, they estimated 2-12 days to arrive via airmail + USPS. It took 10 days. Regardless whether the airmail or USPS phase is the bottleneck, Sparr ought to have been told to expect a 2-12 day wait.

I have had stuff from the UK arrive in 3 days, I have had it take 1 month and everything in between. International mail times vary alot there are 2 postal systems and *customs* involved. Those are the breaks man, there is nothing to do but wait.

So I am looking for other people who ordered from gp2x.co.uk before or after I did so I can get some estimate of when mine might arrive.

in Texas, ordered from gp2x.co.uk...took 3 days to be processed/shipped and and it took about 13 days to arrive I believe. i was told 2-12 days so I was expecting that, but had hoped for the 5-7 timeframe not the tail end. All is well now though now that I have it (still waiting for the tv out, though as it said it would ship a week later).

You sir, are extremely lucky then. I have had repeated shipments that took over a month to arrive, and one of them took three.

I would say you're extremely UNLUCKLY as anything I've ordered airmail in the US I get within 2 days.

international delivery can be very flakey and unpredictable. I'm in the UK and I've had stuff take a whole range of times (yeah, up to 3 months, like davec) to arrive from the US (so the other way round), where I almost lost the will to live before my stuff arrived. Stuff can get here quicker from Australia, than it does from the US, so I guess its the same the other way round.

nothing you can do about it. too many different parties involved. most probably the customs officials are playing football with your package right now :angry:

but you missed a trick there sparr, there's a US supplier! doh!
hope u get it soon anyway. i would be hopping up and down with impatience by now ;-)

Its true that shipping from US to UK or from UK to US can take time. I bought some stuff from the US and had a friend ship it, took almost 8 weeks to arrive !
I am skeptical that he sent it airmail in that case. You can opt to ship via... ship, I believe the label is "Economy (Surface) Letter Post" and takes 4-6 weeks. I have shipped that way intentionally before, the only cheap way to get a 40 pound item overseas.

Woot! It has arrived. More specifically it is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick it up. I can't wait. I filled up a 4GB SD card with stuff to play with it this morning in hopes of getting it on my lunch break at work. Fun times ahead.

Back