Sporty Sporting Sports Thread

Congratulations to the Rams for rightfully claiming the Super Bowl victory they’ve deserved since knocking Tom Brady out of the NFL three weeks ago.

29 Degrees in February? Ok this shouldnt be..

On the Drive to work this morning i had a Idea how awesome it would be if someone would went whit a European Football (Soccer) Fan Team to a such a Superbowl, and they have to use Soccer therms instead of Football Therms..

Like "Goal"!!, "Booh this have to be 11 Meters !!" "Referre, whe know where your Car stands" !!

Whe get a lot News from this Event even in Germany, and i know where a Football Field is Locatet as some Germans play this also, but its a quite silly sport for us..
Im also not a fan of European soccer anyway..

Major League Baseball is threatening to have a shortened season if no collective bargaining agreement is in place by February 28th.

Less than 162 games? Talk about a crime against nature.

Well, it happened. MLB games are being cancelled, and there’s still no agreement. Even worse, I already ate all the popcorn I had saved up for this while doomscrolling Ukraine feeds. There’s no such thing as enough popcorn for the 2020s.

Oh man, what gets me too is the fact that they want to implement multiple rule changes for baseball. Larger bases, a pitch clock, restrictions on the defensive shift, and expanded playoffs. Both sides agree on this part, apparently, the hang-up is the money.

More MLB games cancelled. On the plus side, they struck a deal with Apple to stream games on Fridays. Because streaming cancelled games brings in all the money.

Okay, let’s talk about a sport you guys care about. The owner of Chelsea just had his assets frozen, and yes, that includes Chelsea.

Dit i allready meantioned that some years ago, i was thinking the MLB Games where Spice Girls Music Games "MeL B, the Show" ^^ "? I know its ridiculous, but in rural Germany, you dont have that much experience whit Baseball..

Okay, let’s talk about a sport you guys care about. The owner of Chelsea just had his assets frozen, and yes, that includes Chelsea.
More significantly they're prevented from selling tickets to their matches (but presumably season passes still work) and stopped from selling merchandise for the time being. So if you've got an old chelsea shirt or a scarf or something, I reckon it's time to put that on ebay.

Good news, everyone. MLB reached an agreement and a full 162 game regular season will be played. Opening day is April 7th despite the owners saying after their last deal rejection that it would be no sooner than April 14th. I guess the owners are a bunch of softies.

It’s Selection Sunday for March Madness. This could be the worst bracket ever for the Atlantic Coast Conference after Duke whiffed last night. I mean, as someone whose two sisters went to UNC, I guess I should be happy that Duke is weaker than expected, but it still kinda sucks that the ACC has no great teams this year.

It’s Selection Sunday for March Madness. This could be the worst bracket ever for the Atlantic Coast Conference after Duke whiffed last night. I mean, as someone whose two sisters went to UNC, I guess I should be happy that Duke is weaker than expected, but it still kinda sucks that the ACC has no great teams this year.
I'm glad to say that I understood positively none of this mumbo jumbo.

Tom Brady just announced that he’s not retiring yet after all.

It’s all well and good, I thought his career ended on too much of a high note anyway. I wanna see him go 8-9 and miss the playoffs.

Congratulations to 15 seed St. Peter’s on winning their third March Madness game and once again ruining everyone’s brackets. Man, if UNC wins tonight, they have to take on these guys. Scary.

Well, either an 8th seed or a 15th seed will be representing the East in the Final Four. UNC vs. St. Peter’s: Whoever wins, your bracket loses.

UNC, the school that both my sisters went to, is in the March Madness championship, and I can't watch it, because I don't have cable. NCAA needs to get with the times and free these games from TBS exclusivity.

Remember how this thread started? Tiger just announced that he will play at the Masters this week. The quest for nineteen majors isn't over quite yet.

Good news: Tiger made the cut at the Masters.
Bad news: He’s nine strokes back.
Interesting news: If you take out the guy in first, Tiger is only four strokes back.

Okay, let’s draw straws to see who will facilitate Scottie Scheffler’s unfortunate accident.

• Haha
Reactions: rSl
Back