Pandora 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

grndslm

Still Fresh
If you don't want to talk about future revisions, then don't. Buy your Pandora 1 and stick to posting elsewhere, please. Everybody already knows what I'm about say, and it's not going to affect Pandora 1. If you want to complain about me, send me a PM instead of destroying the intent of this thread.

I have accepted that you all believe this is primarily a gaming device. I believe differently, in that it can be whatever you want it to be. I also believe that it is possible to cater to other crowds ("the tablet people") with a different design... bringing in more people and helping the community grow. If it costs $1 extra per device to have a double-hinged design that flips around back... you increase the potential of the device, you draw in a larger crowd, and everybody wins. Closing threads & shunning ideas is not very wise. You all seem so anxiously impatient.

I have also accepted that you guys do not want to delay Pandora 1 and feel that sufficient thought has been put into the design. I feel differently on the input of the device, no matter what its primary objective is. I can hold a DS in my hand and can tell that a keyboard like the one on Pandora 1 is awkward. This is my whole problem. Gaming keys could be placed on top (like they are now) or on the sides (like the DS, but with the analog sticks below the normal gaming controls), and the difference is minimal. If anything, I feel your hands would be more relaxed to not have to reach all the way toward the middle for the analog sticks. They'd prolly feel better on the sides, IMHO. The keys should be shrunk & tapered, have more space between them, and take up essentially the same amount of space as the touchscreen on the DS.

Draw it out & see which way you like best is all I'm asking. Pick up a DS and see if you would like the analog sticks below the basic gaming controls or in the upper mid-section of the device. When using the thumbboard (regardless of if you'd use it or not, it's on the Pandora for a reason), think if you'd like your thumbs to move all the way into the bottom corners & have greater travel distance than needed. I can get 35+ WPM on a Treo. The Pepper Pad supposedly gets 45 WPM. It's because of the small travel space. HTC-style slider thumbboards are crap because they're so wide. I'm asking anyone to sketch it out for a general feel of what each option will provide, and will be more beneficial all around.... This is what Palm did back in the day, they got a block of wood, held it, & carried it around in their pockets to make sure the device felt right. Pandora 1 is good, but it could be better.

grndslm said:
I have accepted that you all believe this is primarily a gaming device. I believe differently, in that it can be whatever you want it to be. I also believe that it is possible to cater to other crowds ("the tablet people") with a different design... bringing in more people and helping the community grow. If it costs $1 extra per device to have a double-hinged design that flips around back... you increase the potential of the device, you draw in a larger crowd, and everybody wins. Closing threads & shunning ideas is not very wise. You all seem so anxiously impatient.
Give Craig 10,000$ to pay patent royaltys if you want your Flip Screen. Where is the censorship you speak of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not.this.shit.again.jpg

it's going to be YEARS till that comes out. Hells, Pandora 1 hasn't even come out yet. Whatever you say now, by the time the pandora 2 will be planned this thread will be long forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back