Release Spellrazor

i must train more for a Video,maybe soon.

The Gameplay remind me a little on the Clasical Game Meritious :)

i must train more for a Video,maybe soon.

The Gameplay remind me a little on the Clasical Game Meritious :)

It was designed to be a weird mix of Defender, Halls of The Things and Paradroid. Oh... and the Ultima conversation parser. :) I think I managed to meld them all into a meaningful whole, but I'm biased.

New release again on the repo.

I have noticed that sometimes, at the start of a level, the "implosion" of the player don't go well (when there is too much frameskip) and the game get stuck here. So I tried to fix that.
I also did some more optim around love shader. I added some cache mecanism inside love to cache uniform value (and not upload a uniform if it's value didn't changes). I also noticed that it's better, in löve, to setShader than send the uniform than the oposite (to avoid useless changes of active shader). It shouldn't give much speed, but it's still some optims.
Finaly, I have adjusted the Console, so text always (it seems) fit the width of the Pandora screen (and yeah, you should totaly use the console, it's part of the game and there is a nice adventure game there).

Build 06
-------------

• Optimised shaders
  • Try to fix a case were game hang at start of level
  • Made text in the Console fit the width of the screen

New release again on the repo.

I have noticed that sometimes, at the start of a level, the "implosion" of the player don't go well (when there is too much frameskip) and the game get stuck here. So I tried to fix that.
I also did some more optim around love shader. I added some cache mecanism inside love to cache uniform value (and not upload a uniform if it's value didn't changes). I also noticed that it's better, in löve, to setShader than send the uniform than the oposite (to avoid useless changes of active shader). It shouldn't give much speed, but it's still some optims.
Finaly, I have adjusted the Console, so text always (it seems) fit the width of the Pandora screen (and yeah, you should totaly use the console, it's part of the game and there is a nice adventure game there).

Build 06
-------------

• Optimised shaders
  • Try to fix a case were game hang at start of level
  • Made text in the Console fit the width of the screen

Do you mind sharing details on the 'implosion' bug (pm if needed)? It might be linked to something I've had issues with for some time.

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : thanks for this new version. Unfortunately, text in the console still goes off-screen, at least on my end. Some characters / words go beyond the blinking coloured square, making the story harder to read.

EDIT: @ptitSeb : nevermind, it works perfectly :)

EDIT 2: testing the new features in build 6, while still playing build 5, proved to be a supid idea ;) :p

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited:
Another small update. I think I have found a definitive fix for the "hang at inRezExplode at start level" (the implode effect when player appears).

Build 07
-------------

• Another fix for the game hang at start of level

@Dene Carter hehe yeah he tends to do that. That's why he is called the serial porter ^^.

I love the whole storytelling concept of your game! Very immersive, I wish more games did it like that. Shows once again, that you don't need to be a huge studio to come up with an original story, quite the opposite actually.

@Dene Carter hehe yeah he tends to do that. That's why he is called the serial porter ^^.

I love the whole storytelling concept of your game! Very immersive, I wish more games did it like that. Shows once again, that you don't need to be a huge studio to come up with an original story, quite the opposite actually.

Thanks so much. I *love* good, creepy horror... and early arcade games (especially anything with the Williams sound chip). Pushing the two together was just too good an opportunity to pass up.

Reactions: ___
Just so you know, that post above is your porting friend solving a crash bug I've had for over a year. It's... humbling. +o(
Doing a game require lot's of differents abilities, so a good game maker usually is a multipotential. ptitSeb is a machine at technical code, but probably not so much at game design, gfx and musics.
You both are great in your field ;) and in the end of the day, your others users will have the fix too, so everyone win :)

Downloading yet and will prepare a new Dev Card..
..Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank You;)

Edit:
Oops something gone wrong..
..this Post should be in the Code Blocks Thread..
..funny Error from me

Last edited:
I found the issue with the hang when moving the mouse (while working on Candy Crisis). I repackaged (some missing updated X11 libs in the PND).

Build 08
-------------

• Repackaged to fix the hang when moving the mouse

Amazing game, everything is better with Neon ligths, ;)

Would it be possible to port it to desktop GNU/Linux and release it on itch.io?

Amazing game, everything is better with Neon ligths, ;)

Would it be possible to port it to desktop GNU/Linux and release it on itch.io?

yes that would be great ... and all the builds would benefit from the fixes and optimization by ptitseb ... ;)
https://dene.itch.io/spellrazor

(I think that case is another good example that open sourcing and opening stuff up is beneficial for all sides )

You need to ask @Dene Carter directly for that. But don't forget he is busy with is next game.

Indeed... or he chose the workless solution by formally open sourcing the code and releasing the assets under some fitting CC license and letting the community doing the work. overall, Spellrazor is currently pay-what-you-want / donationware on itch.io .

Back