Some More Renderings

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
will I be able to read data off a pendrive with that mini-usb?
it's going to get incredibly more useful if I could read pendrives with it, I'd bet people would buy it if it becomes good for some working features such as office, plus it would be awesome if people could read pictures, music, videos and other stuff off friends and their own pendrives

It has a proper (full-size) USB that works as host for whatever has linux ARM drivers (which includes almost everything).

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
I'm inspirated by the new renderings to puzzle my (old) D-Pad Design into the new pix.
This Design has the Focus on easy 360° slide-over and easy to reach Diagonals. (The Center is not that important, I know ther will be no screw-in stick ^_^ )

"Atomic Edition" :lol: :

Those do look very nice and easy to use. I'd want mine like that.

sindbad said:
fusion_power said:
I'm inspirated by the new renderings to puzzle my (old) D-Pad Design into the new pix.
This Design has the Focus on easy 360° slide-over and easy to reach Diagonals. (The Center is not that important, I know ther will be no screw-in stick ^_^ )
Screw that! oh... It could drastically boost sales since 10+ years of uptime would be guaranteed.

*screwscrew*...

It could look like this. The stick is short enough not to produce to forceful leverage forces but of course it should be made out of metal like the D-Pad Screw thread to be onto the save side. AND of course you shouldn't close the Hinge before removing the stick! :lol:

Nilsiboy said:
Just don't make the atomic one available "When it's done" :p
That's up to the Devs. ;) Maybe you should ask DaveC if he also can make a D-Pad like this for practical Testings.

fusion_power said:
It could look like this. The stick is short enough not to produce to forceful leverage forces but of course it should be made out of metal like the D-Pad Screw thread to be onto the save side. AND of course you shouldn't close the Hinge before removing the stick! :lol:
Yes, but there will always be a percentage of buyers who are retards. I'm thinking about the number of warranty returns with cracked PCBs already.

yeahyeahyeah - ok - so yeah, it's cool - screw on joystick - yay

but, seriously - is the woman a model or a programmer or somebody's wife, gf, sister.... What's the deal?

;) I'm mostly j/k. :D But silence makes me far more curious.

chad78 said:
<*completely innocent question*>

The woman in the picture - is she a model, a person involved in the project, or the sig. other of a person involved in the project?

</*completely innocent question*>
That's the mysterious Miss Pandora :)

Last edited:
sindbad said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
will I be able to read data off a pendrive with that mini-usb?
it's going to get incredibly more useful if I could read pendrives with it, I'd bet people would buy it if it becomes good for some working features such as office, plus it would be awesome if people could read pictures, music, videos and other stuff off friends and their own pendrives

It has a proper (full-size) USB that works as host for whatever has linux ARM drivers (which includes almost everything).

thx for the answer! here's hope for me loading videos off my zen vision m :)
oh, and sorry for the offtopic :p

Squidge said:
fusion_power said:
Yes, but there will always be a percentage of buyers who are retards. I'm thinking about the number of warranty returns with cracked PCBs already.

:huh: (clicks link) :lol:

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
sindbad said:
thx for the answer! here's hope for me loading videos off my zen vision m :)
oh, and sorry for the offtopic :p

Umm, isn't the ZVM an MTP device though? That would take at least some fiddling around to get working :-S

Xmoon said:
Some way to change the colour of the shiny things around the analogic controls?

Like some kind of colourful stickers?

L and R buttons could be more beautiful... These are not hottest.

And for the people that will use the pandora at work,

Is there any way to hide the game controls during a business meeting?
As a small cap?
I'm using google translator. I hope somebody understand what I wrote... :huh:

Hi,

Yes, we understood you. We just didn't answer you. I'm sorry about that.

You could put whatever stickers you want around the analog sticks.

The L & R buttons will most likely not be the hotness. The player doesn't really see the L & R buttons - so visual beauty is not the main concern. Even people looking at someone playing the Pandora will not see the buttons, as the player's fingers will cover them.

There might be some sort of third party cover made for the game controls - but I doubt it. Even when using the Pandora for non-gaming things (like taking notes in a business meeting) you still need many of those buttons. The number keys are above the game controls - so you can't cover that part up, and the Start, Select, and Menu keys are in the middle - and you need those for CTRL, ALT, etc. - also the Delete key is on the number row. And the D-Pad is used for navigation - as are the analog sticks, and probably the action butons (A B X Y). So, in short - covering the game controls will not be likely.

However, most "serious business machine" style UMPCs have something like a D-Pad (most phones do, now, too.) And the analog sticks are similar in function to a "Mouse Nub" on older laptops - (most use a trackpad now). If you don't hold it like a Nintendo DS - it won't really look like a game system. Even if it does - just don't play games during the meeting, and you'll be fine.

You could always get a leather case for it. :)

Hope that helps. And I hope Google Translator lets you understand me.

The renders are hot, the atomic dpad is freaking awesome, and once again the community is thankful to have you ED. When we get pandoras we should all get our girlfriends to pose with it and then put up the pics. J/k (unless someone has a hot girlfriend) bigger j/k

Awesome bump... 3 Month ;)
Check the posting date next time, think twice about posting, only post in old topic if its really necessary or you got to say something important.
These renders are really old and some things have changed since then I think

Erm... those renders are from May 13th...
*hopes for newer ones*
We did get pics, of course. The problem is, craigix might be good as programmer/designer/salesman and everything, he just isn't quite a photographer. :p

Back