Welcome To My Dream

capnhack said:
bars are a bit dull for the speakers. how about concentric circles instead?
Looks vs strength. bars are weaker then holes, and concentric cirles are even worse then bars, typically having 3-5 points of contact with the rest of the casing. From a sound point circles would be better to.

capnhack said:
im really not liking the idea of wires to attach a keyboard but there must be some other way to do it. perhaps just a number of metal strips within the slide thingie on the unit and metal contacts on the top part of the keyboard so it can be removable without disturbing the lines of the design. the problem with that is, even if the keyboard could not be detached, providing power via a sliding rail is a really bad idea.
Metal fingers, and slides are part of the patent issue, having a "storage space" and a USB cable connected keyboard isn't a design I've ever seen, and i agree, its not a optimal way to do it. But it should fall under "obvious uses" and as such not even be a valid patent if patented.
B!

Last edited by a moderator:
This design is really nice and is closer to what I originally expected the panda to look like. If it weren't for patents on the keyboard and the fact that clamshells are better for a variety of reasons this would be my second choice

Back