[SOLVED]My Pandora Dream Has Come To An End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
However near the end it is, this would still be greatly appreciated when I can reorder... obviously I hope I get my Pandora back but right now it's "wait and see".

Sure! Whenever you are ready to reorder just shoot me a PM or E-Mail. I check this place every couple hours (I have no life outside of college) and when I get your PM I will contact Jacquelyn The Kick-ass CS Lady and transfer my slot to you. I've only been waiting since last XMas so I have quite a bit of patience left. ;) Plus, my interest in the Pandora is for learning to develop on it, and I haven't even started my programming classes yet.

Though I still hope you get your own back! It's a shame to lose the work and money that went into it. It really sucks that it had to be an active developer that got his shit robbed, in a way we are all losing out. :(

Good Luck to you!
- trix

man, of all the people for this to happen to, it had to be someone who actually contributes to the community >=/ I'm real sorry about all this, i hope it gets worked out in a fashion that doesn't involve you re-ordering & re-paying after waiting so long with the rest of us. Good luck man.

Oh man, sorry to hear that PokeParadox. Hope it somehow reappears.

emcp said:
its then up to the police matter. Which is pretty useless over here
-----------------some ramblings
(house beside us got burgled yesterday, guy was chased out into the estate with hurls, and he had a knife, made a threat to come back.
cops were told at the time of it happening, came up 3 hours later to search the back-gardens, fuc*** useless.

Also a call was made to the cops about a possible dead body in the streets, what do they do, phone up a resident (mother) to go check it out lol, at 4 o'clock in the the morning)

Yeah, quite annoying. Calling the local Police here pretty much gives you "and are you already dead?" for an answer. And if you did die, THEN they send someone to check out what's going on. LOL, bugger...

Last edited by a moderator:
Again thanks for your support guys. I've been and returned from work and my boss has been really great. He's got a very good letter posted here there and everywhere basically saying something along the lines of:

"Hey Criminal Mastermind, you've stolen a device you probably can't use. It's password protected and you don't have the charger.
Please return it, anonymously if needed, and we can forget about this. Otherwise we will find you out. The Police have been contacted and we will be reviewing CCTV"

There was more to it than that and probably better worded in places, but yeah, he's taking it very seriously. Other than that I have to get up to go to the CopShop in the morning and give my statement... I'm pretty sure they were going to "pop round" while I was working tonight, but oh well.

There have been some very generous gestures and I'm a little overwhelmed still I hope MY Pandora turns up but failing that I will be taking up these kind gestures so that I can continue to give you guys what I enjoy doing... that and play some SNES classics... :)

Heh heh... also some of the other longtime staff members that I have absolute certainty couldn't have done it are saying that once they find the culprit it's... um... beating time... which is a bit extreme, not my style, certainly feel like kicking seven shades of shite outta the guy, but would never do it.

I hope you get your Pandora back, I'm glad that your boss has been supportive.

Good luck dude, hope it all turns out OK in the end.

If it does perhaps you could add a 'kick 7 shades' mini game to Pandora Panic ;)

The mini-game has to feature pairs of sunglasses being sent flying. Seven times. :p

Gah, devastating! :( Especially for a someone who helped keep our homebrew scene active from 2008 until release. Hopefully your little thief is scared into bringing it back. If not, I hope karma sorts him out and it has 18 wheels.

If it comes to it, I'm in for a donation.

Wow. Thats pretty heavy PokeParadox. Am sorry to hear your Pandora is MIA. Prayfully it turns up unscathed/unedited =/

Best of luck.

Well a certain forum member has blown me away with such an act of kindness... I have a second batch order number. Wow... just wow!
I actually didn't know how to react and I just ended up crying like a baby... emotions are a strange thing.

So yes it seems there is still some good in the world, after all!
I don't know if my original unit will turn up... but I guess that it won't... if it does I will of course do the right thing and return the donated order back to said forum member, or offer it as a community competition prize, depending on what can be agreed upon. Whatever... but it's too early to be worrying about those details.

Well those that said they would donate, you are still welcome to do so, but the lack of Pandora problem seems to be solved. You can paypal me by visiting the PandoraStore and going to PandoraPanic, Beat2X, Spout or Thruster's page, there is a donation button. I do not expect anyone to donate anything, but if you do it will help to replace the SD cards that were in my unit.

Also if anyone does want to trade places with my second batch order, then this would be greatly appreciated... I waited along time to get my Pand the fact that I'm back to waiting again... it is kind of annoying... I could live with it... but damn...

Anyway I'm going to turn waffle mode off now, I'm in a bizarre mood because of recent events, but GP32X Community... all of you - You Rock!
Thank you!

MonkeyChops said:
Morn said:
I'd start monitoring ebay for some period of time.

You could also check "I need help" section for threads like "Reset forgotten password plizzz!!!11".
We should be on the look out but the problem with that is even if you could prove it's the stolen pandora (which would be very difficult), what do you do next? ask admin for the ip, I guess and hope that the cops will do something with it.

Oh I know, we tell him he has to send it in for reflash and hope he's to retarded (very likely) to use the search function. Have Jacquelyn forward it to PokeParadox. He'd have to be utterly moronic to fall for this though.

Not sure if OP are recording the MAC addresses of the units or what the serial number of the PCBs are relating to the overal serial number of the Pandora, but the MAC address or PCB serial number being unique identifiers should be given to you when you present your order number to OP. That way at least you have some proof it's yours if the theif is found and he claims it's his and he bought it fare and square.

Bosbeetle said:
And once again it proves the community is the best part of the pandora :)

QFT

What great news! congrats PokePandadox, someone certainly is generous. I'm actually floored, what a great community we have!

What a beautiful act. Whoever you are, internet high five. May your generosity come back to you tenfold.

I still hope that your first one is recovered of course. Failing that, it would be great if there was some sort of interim solution like an ex-review unit or one of Craig's Frankenspares.

MonkeyChops said:
Bosbeetle said:

QFT

What great news! congrats PokePandadox, someone certainly is generous. I'm actually floored, what a great community we have!
Pandadox? ... haha like it.
Also thanks MonkeyChops! :)
EDIT: and Gruso!

Also special BeatTheThief project sound good to anyone?

-Tj- said:
Is there any kind of security measure we could put on Pandora? Maybe some kind of tracker if they log on? (just found an open source one)
I brought that project up about 2 years ago thinking that it would be a good idea but not many people seemed interested in it :(

Sorry about your Pandy Kev mate, hope the thief sees sense and leaves it in your bag sometime soon.

I'd let you have my slot but my laptops just bit the dust and I have no Internet at home so I really need a portable computer myself at the moment. Unless you have a laptop that I can borrow? then I'll happily give up my spot to you :)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
-Tj- said:
Is there any kind of security measure we could put on Pandora? Maybe some kind of tracker if they log on? (just found an open source one)
I brought that project up about 2 years ago thinking that it would be a good idea but not many people seemed interested in it :(

Sorry about your Pandy Kev mate, hope the thief sees sense and leaves it in your bag sometime soon.

I'd let you have my slot but my laptops just bit the dust and I have no Internet at home so I really need a portable computer myself at the moment. Unless you have a laptop that I can borrow? then I'll happily give up my spot to you :)
EeePC? :)

PokeParadox said:
MonkeyChops said:
Bosbeetle said:

QFT

Pandadox? ... haha like it.
Also thanks MonkeyChops! :)
EDIT: and Gruso!

Also special BeatTheThief project sound good to anyone?

Reminded me of this:

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=12255

Congrats about a second batch order! Keep an eye on your new Pandora :)
I think that some sort of anti-theft system is certainly in order. Perhaps once a Pandora is connected to the Internet, there's something that it uploads? Some sort of key to a server that automatically takes the info about the IP address and its location? Also, perhaps this could happen when it boots and as soon as it has an internet connection?

PokeParadox said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
-Tj- said:

EeePC? :)
Not big enough I'm afraid mate :(

I can't afford a TV licence up at my flat either, so I need something with a big enough screen to watch a downloaded film on directly without re-encoding it.. or a TV-Out cable so I can watch it on the TV in my living room. Unfortunately that was one of the main reasons for buying the Pandora.

I'm currently stuck up at the flat most of the day with no Internet, no TV licence and nothing else to do. That's why I'm currently biting at the bit for my Pandora to get here. I'm that bored that I've even started reading these things called books that are made out of dead trees and I've even started learning to draw :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back