[SOLVED]My Pandora Dream Has Come To An End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Sounds like a good plan. It might be possible that the thief tries to get rid of the Pandora without giving it back, though. A silent action through the police might be a better thing to try first. If the police doesn't want to investigate further the meeting might be an option.

Eniko said:
Oh wow, that's such a nightmare. I'm sorry, dude.
I feel your pain, had a 13k bike stolen from my garage last week, scum drilled the lock out to get to it

Last edited by a moderator:
it might be worth keeping an eye on ebay. i bet whoever stole it would have no idea how to use it and that they would try to monopolize on the current interest in the pandora. they would want to create a fair amount of attention for the product and there are few places as good as that. so yeah, id just keep an eye out for recent auctions from areas near your own.

trix said:
Aw man that's horrible!

If you need it, I am willing to give you my spot in the first batch, though it's right near the end anyway.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm offering my spot in the first batch queue, and instead I'll order from the 2nd batch. I'm not offering my Pandora, them things be expensive! ;P

- trix
However near the end it is, this would still be greatly appreciated when I can reorder... obviously I hope I get my Pandora back but right now it's "wait and see".

tony11@hotmail.com said:
Pokeparadox i think a lot of us feel your pain. I really hope you get it back. I don't have a lot of faith in the police but lets hope they get there act together and kicks some scumbag ass.

I take both my ds xl and my pandora in to work, i wear cargo trousers, but there is only room(not to mention the excess weight) for either the Pandora or the Ds xl. I bought a slighty modified ds metal case, and well the Pandora goes everywhere with me. If my ds gets stolen i have no problems in getting another, if my Pandora gets stolen i would have to join the queue again :( .

If nothing happends with the police perhaps some sort of donations towards a new one for you? if everyone is up for it? think of it as a donation for the work you did on Pandora panic, and whatever else you come up with in the future. :)
This is the crux of the problem, a NDS I could pickup a second-hand one for around £60... they are everywhere. Pandora will set me back whatever the current price is (I paid £200 for my preorder.) and more waiting.
I would not expect, but would not object a donation drive if it really is gone for good. It takes me ages to save up for things so every little helps. Please everyone just hope that it "turns up" again.

relliker said:
We had a similar situation at work a while back. Some hardware vanished after a particular shift. We informed the police and then gathered everyone and informed them how the police where proceeding (with some extra "details"). Guess what! The hardware "mysteriously" turned up later in what had been an empty drawer before :)

Ask the police what steps they will take and then tell your boss to do a Magic - The Gathering. Some extra "polish" on the story won't hurt. Maybe this trick can help you too unless whoever stole it is so used to stealing that his/her blood pressure doesn't even budge at the thought of facing the police.

P.S. Just some morale-lifting humour...... or leave a note on his desk or in his unlocked drawer with "I know what you did last summer" written on it. Maybe your Pandora will tele-transport itself to your hands a few hours later.
This plan has one notable flaw... I have a crappy bar job in a pub restaurant... we have no desks. But I lol'd

Sugar_Kane said:
I would have a word with the boss, get him/her to call a staff meeting and announce that something was stolen, when and where it was stolen, state that the police have been notified and there is a suspect but you are willing to offer an amnesty, if your pandora reappears before the end of the week then there will be no repercussions and the whole incident will be forgotten.
Yeah... I'm kinda hoping the Police word being uttered around the place will make the guy panic and just quietly return my Pandora to the staff room.
That or he's nicked it for himself, but doesn't know wtf to do with it.

Are you sure an opportunistic thief didn't pop through the back door and have a rummage? I would definitely get on to the police to contact all of the local second hand places, he'll probably wander into CEX with it...

I would be eating the tiles off the walls if this happened to me!

Damn this makes me so mad! I feel for you... I too just checked to see if my Panda was OK

I really hope you get it back, I dunno what I'd do if mine went missing, I know I'd have a tear in my eye at least, the thought of waiting in line again scares me.

I will gladly donate a few quid if it comes down to you needing a new one. :)

Sugar_Kane said:
Are you sure an opportunistic thief didn't pop through the back door and have a rummage? I would definitely get on to the police to contact all of the local second hand places, he'll probably wander into CEX with it...

I would be eating the tiles off the walls if this happened to me!
Nope... the staff area is behind a keycoded door, and they would have to know it was there.

mvickers03 said:
Damn this makes me so mad! I feel for you... I too just checked to see if my Panda was OK

I really hope you get it back, I dunno what I'd do if mine went missing, I know I'd have a tear in my eye at least, the thought of waiting in line again scares me.

I will gladly donate a few quid if it comes down to you needing a new one. :)
Thanks it's appreciated, but again let's see what's happening beforehand...

So, an anti theft system wouldn't do great magic since we have a hardware volume wheel which can just silence any alarm from the pandora? OK one can hope for chance and or stupidity..

something like put in password within 5 seconds after opening the console.

damn we have no accelerometer... would be perfect for this job

Sorry for the loss. Hope the guy isn't enjoying this thread here right now :/

it sucks when people steal stuff. if the police there are anything like the ones here, they won't do shit unless you have witnesses, (very good) video of the theft, or the dipshit admits to it. Your best shot is that he gets scared and returns it or it turns up in a pawn shop. Both seem pretty unlikely but you never know. We all should be on the look out for a noob that has a pandora but seemingly knows nothing about it.

You didn't loose any of your work with your pandora, did you? What about sd cards, did you have a lot invested in those? I would almost be as mad about loosing my cards as loosing the pandora. It really sucks, I feel for you. I'd throw a 5 your way if someone sets up a fund, you deserve it for your contributions if nothing else.

It's certainly a wake-up call about our precious Pandoras though. I read this last night then had a dream that a guy at my work was a little to interested in my pandora and I was on him like a hawk. :D I know I'll be keeping my pandora close by my side from now on.

MonkeyChops said:
You didn't loose any of your work with your pandora, did you? What about sd cards, did you have a lot invested in those? I would almost be as mad about loosing my cards as loosing the pandora. It really sucks, I feel for you. I'd throw a 5 your way if someone sets up a fund, you deserve it for your contributions if nothing else.

It's certainly a wake-up call about our precious Pandoras though. I read this last night then had a dream that a guy at my work was a little to interested in my pandora and I was on him like a hawk. :D I know I'll be keeping my pandora close by my side from now on.
Didn't lose any work no, all my stuff is on my PC I did lose a 32GB and 8GB SDHC card though. Thanks again... it's nice to see the flipside of the coin when something like this happens, that not everyone is a complete dick. Again let's see how this pans out first.

Yeah... be careful with your possessions... at the very least I hope the locker situation at work gets sorted after this nonesense.

PokeParadox said:
Nope... the staff area is behind a keycoded door, and they would have to know it was there.
Seriously, if it's an entirely contained area, you should probably tell your boss about it.
I'm pretty sure they don't want to be employing thieves.

Wow, sounds ballsy-stupid for the thief; how many people had access to that room for that 3-4 hour period? Sounds like only a handful of people, and some you could probably count out .. ie: pretty damned risky for the thief, over a couple hundred dollar device (versus a lifelong mark on his record, losing his job, having bricks thrown into his window every night by angry pandora folks, etc :p)

Keep the pressure on, make it known if it magicly appears in your bag again, that'll be the end of it; beat the bushes :)

jeff

Have you mentioned it's been missing in the office (sorry haven't read all the posts in this thread?)

I'd send an email around or something. Saying something along the lines if it isn't returned by sunset blah blah blah then the situation is going to get escalated to defcon 1... fack em up man!! *holds own bag closely* leave my gadgets alone :unsure:

I'd start monitoring ebay for some period of time.

You could also check "I need help" section for threads like "Reset forgotten password plizzz!!!11".

DBH said:
Have you mentioned it's been missing in the office (sorry haven't read all the posts in this thread?)

I'd send an email around or something. Saying something along the lines if it isn't returned by sunset blah blah blah then the situation is going to get escalated to defcon 1... fack em up man!! *holds own bag closely* leave my gadgets alone :unsure:

I unfortunately do not have a cushy office job. I'm still a minimum wage bartender trying to squeeze into a better profession somewhere and apparently failing. But ya, I told my boss, he made everyone have their bags searched that were still working and we looked high and low if it may have been stashed for later retrieval... and police have been called.
I'm about to head into work today, hopefully facing good news.. but I'm not overly optimistic...

Morn said:
I'd start monitoring ebay for some period of time.

You could also check "I need help" section for threads like "Reset forgotten password plizzz!!!11".
We should be on the look out but the problem with that is even if you could prove it's the stolen pandora (which would be very difficult), what do you do next? ask admin for the ip, I guess and hope that the cops will do something with it.

Oh I know, we tell him he has to send it in for reflash and hope he's to retarded (very likely) to use the search function. Have Jacquelyn forward it to PokeParadox. He'd have to be utterly moronic to fall for this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back