[SOLVED]My Pandora Dream Has Come To An End...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the serial number of the stolen unit?
There are so few pandoras in the wild right now that if you see one it is probably yours.

That's really taking the piss. I had a laptop stolen and the amount of evil thoughts directed towards that scumbag made me feel ill. You may as well order from the second batch if there are any left. At least it's an item that you can always buy again and not something with rare nostalgic value (your great grandmothers aunts wedding ring handed down to her by Fu Manchu...or something like that....)

PokeParadox said:
paddy said:
I take it my first post was too harsh ? ok i admit it was a bit much,the poor guy must be gutted the now,hope you catch him PokeParadox.
No I got your point, didn't think it was too harsh, quite realist... but I sure as hell am going to use something I paid good money for. I've been mugged before(I was 16 or so), they stole my watch... would I stop wearing my watch because of that? hell no!

I see your point but a watch and an expensive device as rare and sought after as a pandora are quite different ,i still understand you have every right to use your device and so you should but it's the other bodies involved that dictate otherwise sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find out who stole it, report him to the police, and get it back. Or just report it to the police anyway. I really hope you can get it back. I'd be SO mad if someone stole something like that from me.

You should report it to the police and give his name too.

They will check him out and see if he has done it before, amazingly my girlfriend got her phone back from someone that stole it in similar circumstances. The police recovered it from the thief after seeing they had stolen phones before, he may well be stupid enough to be carrying it around with him for a few days while he tries to sell it.

Follow him home and confront him away from work.

Let him know that you know and if he gives your stuff back it doesnt need to go further.

If you are wrong you look like a dick, if you are right you get it back hopefully... or get stabbed... one or the other...

Sorry man.

This brings me back to when I got my DS case stolen/taken/picked up. My DS was not in it, but my CycloDS MicroSD adapter was. I was so upset. It happened at school, and I either dropped it by my locker (I had a bottom locker that year) or in the hallway. Probably by my locker because I rushed to school. By the time I realized it was gone, at least three hours had passed. Other than that, I haven't had anything stolen. Now I am overprotective about my things. I don't even let my friends use my DS sometimes. I had to buy a new case, and a new MicroSD adapter. Luckily I found cheap ones. >$3 CAD for the case, and $5 CAD for a multi-card reader.

Yeah that bites... getting your Pandora stolen, especially when you waited so long for it. This also reminds me of when my brother lost my GameBoy Advance SP.

My suggestion: pour laxatives in the new guy's coffee/tea, then when he makes a run for it, raid his stuff. Then track down his house and raid there.

Sorry to hear, hope you get it back. I would feel so violated, I've been robbed before sucks. Good luck!

Aw man that's horrible!

If you need it, I am willing to give you my spot in the first batch, though it's right near the end anyway.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm offering my spot in the first batch queue, and instead I'll order from the 2nd batch. I'm not offering my Pandora, them things be expensive! ;P

- trix

paddy said:
but this is the real bad world where you can't walk down the street or sit on a bus with your phone in your pocket without the threat of getting stabbed for your possesions
Whoah... ok, you live in a bad town. I can't imagine that happening where I live. What usually happens here is that somebody will be using their iphone or whatever, and somebody will just run up, snatch it, and run away. Or they'll quietly take it if it's left unattended and you're not looking. The lesson is, if you're carrying something expensive with you, make sure you always know where it is, keep it securely attached, and try to keep it out of sight if you can (this doesn't mean not using it, it just means doing it next to a wall or something so that others don't really see what it is)

Com64 said:
My suggestion: pour laxatives in the new guy's coffee/tea, then when he makes a run for it, raid his stuff.
Hah, I like this idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sorry to hear about this. When I hear about filth thieving it drives me crazy.

And I'm also sorry to say that there's little chance of a positive resolution to this, in my experience.

Even if you are right about who took it, he's not going to give it back if you confront him. I would suggest that this might be the worst thing you could do as you might find yourself reported to HR or worse if you lose your temper.

You have this individual pegged now, you know how to treat him. It won't get you your Pandora back but it might help you or others in the future.

Pokeparadox i think a lot of us feel your pain. I really hope you get it back. I don't have a lot of faith in the police but lets hope they get there act together and kicks some scumbag ass.

I take both my ds xl and my pandora in to work, i wear cargo trousers, but there is only room(not to mention the excess weight) for either the Pandora or the Ds xl. I bought a slighty modified ds metal case, and well the Pandora goes everywhere with me. If my ds gets stolen i have no problems in getting another, if my Pandora gets stolen i would have to join the queue again :( .

If nothing happends with the police perhaps some sort of donations towards a new one for you? if everyone is up for it? think of it as a donation for the work you did on Pandora panic, and whatever else you come up with in the future. :)

We had a similar situation at work a while back. Some hardware vanished after a particular shift. We informed the police and then gathered everyone and informed them how the police where proceeding (with some extra "details"). Guess what! The hardware "mysteriously" turned up later in what had been an empty drawer before :)

Ask the police what steps they will take and then tell your boss to do a Magic - The Gathering. Some extra "polish" on the story won't hurt. Maybe this trick can help you too unless whoever stole it is so used to stealing that his/her blood pressure doesn't even budge at the thought of facing the police.

P.S. Just some morale-lifting humour...... or leave a note on his desk or in his unlocked drawer with "I know what you did last summer" written on it. Maybe your Pandora will tele-transport itself to your hands a few hours later.

Just walk up to the guy you suspect that he has it and say:

"I know you have my bag, Im not angry and Im not gonna tell anyone if you give it me back with everything in it."

EDIT:

As he is a new guy he probably doesnt know there arent any security cameras in the staff section, so you can try to bluff your pandora back.
just say "I know you have my bag, I saw it on the security cameras, Im not angry and Im not gonna tell anyone if you give it me back with everything in it"

I would have a word with the boss, get him/her to call a staff meeting and announce that something was stolen, when and where it was stolen, state that the police have been notified and there is a suspect but you are willing to offer an amnesty, if your pandora reappears before the end of the week then there will be no repercussions and the whole incident will be forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back