So, What's the DragonBox Pyra Like ? [ FOSDEM 2014 ]

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Here's a little compilation of what was revealed at the FOSDEM 2014, as well as a couple of interesting videos attached:

--> Continue Reading

fosdempyra.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame it had to say "No Parasite (Like Mr. C) in the project" - why draw attention to it? It will only make sense to somebody coming from the Pandora community, and they're hardly going to need reminding of it...

Did it say "parasite"?

I think I only saw the word "distraction".

At least on the end slide. Was parasite on an early slide?

I think it's ok to bring the Mr. C issue as ED did in the talk. Wether we like it or not, even people with no idea of what happened with the Pandora will likely find about all the mishaps that damaged the original project, nowadays with the internet you can't hide stuff like that. So its better that the Pyra project acknowledges the past from the start IMHO.

It's important for newcomers to know that, yes, there were a LOT of problems and issues with the Pandora project, but the most problematic ones were due to Mr. C, and that guy is not in the project anymore; the problems not due to him are ALL solved now and the production of the pandora is completely under control of a dependable team you can trust on.

ED did a great job in his talk summarizing all the things learned with the Pandora, and how they are already using all that knowledge and experience in the Pyra. :)

It's important for newcomers to know that, yes, there were a LOT of problems and issues with the Pandora project, but the most problematic ones were due to Mr. C, and that guy is not in the project anymore; the problems not due to him are ALL solved now and the production of the pandora is completely under control of a dependable team you can trust on.
Yeah, I think that's why ED mentioned that piece of information, too.  

Personally I think it would have been sufficient to say that the the Pandora project suffered due to bad management, which has been solved by a change in management.    I honestly think that the less mudslinging the better,  as it looks unprofessional.

Maybe that's just me though. *shrugs*

- Neelix

Very excited about seeing the hardware running, can't wait to see this with some of the games on emulator the Pandora struggles with.

DOSBox should have many more games playable too.

Portable Half Life 2 :eek:

I was on the verge on getting one of the Android gamepad style tablets but I believe I'll have to start saving for this now I've seen it running. :D

I know it may be a while away but still it's very exciting!

So when can we pre-order/kickstart this? I'll even drive to Ingolstadt if i have to.

Still preliminary, may not be in production until 2015..

^ Because they're morons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back