Snes9X4C (For Caanoo) V20101010 - Beta Release

I asked this question before but did not get a response, but will the emulator get up to full speed eventually? I mean, I have heard that games like Star Fox are very hard to emulate and may never get up to full speed. The SNES emulator is impressive though and I am pleased with the progress that has been made thus far. I am loving the Game Boy Advance emulator too so kudos to whoever ported that. I forgot how good GBA games are when played on a proper handheld, because I was used to playing them on the wii on a big screen, since my Game Boy Advance broke. So yeah, despite some of the impatience on behalf of other people, I am one of the ones who can say that I am pleased with the progress that has been made so far. Very nice :)

@jlenoconel: Sorry but i don't think we will get fullspeed of FX Games on Caanoo/Wiz or Dingoo. Use the commandline options to disable sound (-ns) and you will get a big speedup in emulation. thats for now.

Did you improve the sound emulation in this version? Its been a while since I've played with snes9x4c, but it seems to sound significantly better than I remember. =)

Thanks for the update!

SiENcE said:
@jlenoconel: Sorry but i don't think we will get fullspeed of FX Games on Caanoo/Wiz or Dingoo. Use the commandline options to disable sound (-ns) and you will get a big speedup in emulation. thats for now.

Thats sad if thats the case. Did the PSP ever get fullspeed SNES emulation? I used to have a PSP but it went missing :( I have faith in the Caanoo and faith in the community who contribute towards the emulator. I am impressed with what I have seen so far :) Thanks for all the hard work.

Last edited by a moderator:
jlenoconel said:
SiENcE said:

Thats sad if thats the case. Did the PSP ever get fullspeed SNES emulation? I used to have a PSP but it went missing :( I have faith in the Caanoo and faith in the community who contribute towards the emulator. I am impressed with what I have seen so far :) Thanks for all the hard work.
SNES on the PSP is not 100% full speed

qbertaddict said:
jlenoconel said:
SiENcE said:

SNES on the PSP is not 100% full speed

Yeah, I think I recall playing Starfox on the PSP and it not running at full speed. I remember Mortal Kombat II having problems also. As long as the majority of Snes games on the Caanoo make it to full speed I am OK with that, but it obviously depends on the homebrew scene for the console. I guess I am hoping that a newer console than the PSP will be more powerful, but only time will tell as GPH is a smaller company. Good luck to all the coders though, I know its hard to do with somewhat limited hardware.

gave this a real good once over, my overall opinion; no loss in compatibility, great speed increases, looking forward to ability to OC it should bring games that aren't already full speed to that mark, still very playable. Currently the best available snes emulator on caanoo.

some things still broke, I'm sure you're aware of them.

-screen not centered in normal & full screen top/bottom due to caanoo bezel, rendered image needs lowered 2-3mm
-sensitivity of analog stick in menu, hard to select options
-sound % does nothing (uneeded menu option due to physical control)

feature requests
-sram to save automatically without having to exit
-OC'ing (obviously is being addressed)
-battery %
-save settings for defaults full screen & transparency etc (i know this can also be set via flags in picklelauncher)

again thanks for your hard work, guess you didn't like my artwork =/

Hey thx jb0yx,

for your comments. i like your gfx, but i had no time to exchange this.
centering the "normal" screen is difficult, because therefore i have to copy it once again to a new buffer. this needs time and slows down speed. If i render it in centered mode, i have problems with snes resolutions using 256x239 pixel.

i have to think about this issue.

all other feature request are good.

thx.
SiENcE

Hi SiENcE

Thanks for your great emulator, i enjoy to play my favorite games again, but somes don't work fine, i think with the overclock option your emulator will be the greatest, are you working on a new release ?

Thanks again for your awesome work.

Sience, thank you so much for your hard work that gives this newly disabled gamer something to do waiting for my wife to get home! I do have a question for you. I know I am a dirty cheater, but I notice you made support for .cht files. I cant get it to work at all! I even tried a game genie rom but i dont know how to start a game with the codes enabled, can you please help! Ive been trying for hours! I read the read me and put them in the folder you specified but i dont know what to do from there

hey moosiemcmoose,

i only tested the dingux build for cht files and it worked. the caanoo version has the same code but i haven't tested cheating. i try it. normally put the cht file using the same name as the rom beside of each other. during rom loading the cht is also loaded and all cheats in this cht are enabled.

mh i have to test it.

cheers

Back