Snes9X4C (For Caanoo) V20101010 - Beta Release

Multiple directories would be cool. I had things in subfolders as well, and was a little confused for awhile (thankfully others posted here)

Playing around a bit with it last night and it was a lot of fun.

Thanks!!!

SiENcE said:
Yeah,

dir switching is a lot of work. i never expected that this is so important :) .
I would stick with picklelauncher, It's a pretty solid frontend and does navigation well

that would allow you more time to put into making the port better/more stable

just my 2 cents

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok but, picklelauncher also restart Snes9x4c.

I thought people wanting to get inEmu rom browsing!?

If picklelauncher fits, ok :). Less work for me. I add it as standard rom-browser in the next release.

SiENcE said:
Ok but, picklelauncher also restart Snes9x4c.

I thought people wanting to get inEmu rom browsing!?

If picklelauncher fits, ok :). Less work for me. I add it as standard rom-browser in the next release.

it restarts snes9x4c but it returns to picklelauncher in the last folder you were browsing on exit instead of the caanoo home menu witch I think is acceptable....

that is just my opinion though, I don't know if everyone feels the same as I

LOL

So im the only one that prefer the science rom broswer over the pickle launcher.

i have my 300 roms in the same directory and i dont have any problem to browse to choose my games.

i just push down and turn the stick around each down corner and the browser scroll very fast.

ANYWAY any rom browser will do the job for me. its not a important feature for me.

Do like you want. :) the only thing i want its a overclock option, otherwise all seem ok for me.

NOTE: i prefer the Fullscreen option of Snes9x4c vs the pocketsnes fullscreen option. The look is a lot better with Snes9x4c. with my gp2x F-100 and my wiz i dont like the look of the fullscreen pocketsnes option it look very odd. But snes9x4C does a better job to scale it to fullscreen. i really love your fullscreen feature Science Thanks

SiENcE said:
Where can i get the latest picklelauncher code?
you can pm pickle, or just download the link I posted in this thread, I think .80 is the latest out there

I don't think he's opened it up yet, but has stated he is going to soon

I am working on an update to the picklelauncher skin I made for snes9x4c

As far as the multiple directory thing goes, I just didn't know things couldn't be in subdirectories.
My confusion could be solved with a little statement in the readme file stating no folders should be placed in the rom directory.

Heh, I wish sometimes that more readme files said whether they support zip files, and how the directory structure should look.

But hey I am still learning the various ins and outs of emulation.

Again I very much enjoy this so again Thank you for putting in all the effort for us :)

jb0yx said:

If you send it to me (PM) i can add it to the new release. Please make a fresh one with good contrast to read the rom filenames.

AlphaMyk said:
As far as the multiple directory thing goes, I just didn't know things couldn't be in subdirectories.
My confusion could be solved with a little statement in the readme file stating no folders should be placed in the rom directory.

Heh, I wish sometimes that more readme files said whether they support zip files, and how the directory structure should look.

The readme tells you:

Code:
ver 20100224
+Zipped ROMs Support

btw.: Does someone tried the Netplay feature via Wifi? You have to adjust the Snes9x4C\Snes9x4C_Net.gpu file.

SiENcE said:
jb0yx said:

If you send it to me (PM) i can add it to the new release. Please make a fresh one with good contrast to read the rom filenames.
sent

Thanks SiENcE, runs great, speed seems to be up, but if you disable the frameskip (set it to 50/1), at least the menus in Donkey Kong Country run much to fast.

Great release, just one thing. Picklelauncher doesn't appear to have quit mapped to any button. You can still quit with the touchscreen though so it's not a big issue.

EDIT; sorry it's actually the analogs push in button to quit.

Nice improve ! Thx Science.

One question : Do you include overclocking or this release start with standard clock ?

Excuse my english :s

Great job! Much faster with still a great compatibility rate! Big improvement on many games, some more speed would be very welcome, but this is a great improvement. Can't wait to have more releases in the future.

Back