Slogan: Take the controls

Binky

Death's Steed
Staff member
A while ago there was a topic discussing a pandora slogan (which could cover the iCP line too)

http://boards.openpa...age__hl__slogan

There was never any official response - is there ever likely to be?

Sorry for the kinda gravedig...

.. 'ultra portability without sacrificing capability' has been niggling at me :unsure: :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really like slogans (just like I don't really like twitter to summarize ideas in very short sentences) but "Once opened, never closed." was not bad. But it's just like Pringles (once you pop you can't stop).

That's the problems with slogans: they are hardly original and tend to be over-used, just like politicians claiming to bring "change" in every election. It gets old.

Wikipedia says: In Greek mythology, Pandora (ancient Greek, Πaνδώρa, derived from πᾶς "all" and δῶρον "gift", thus "all-gifted" or "all-giving")[1] was allegedly the first woman, who was made out of clay.

So what about Pandora: "gives you everything"

This seems to be a pretty good description of the Pandora - and it is ethymologically correct. It makes sense for the retro gamers (you can emulate anything), for people using it as a laptop (you can do anything with it, e.g. browsing the web, typing a letter, etc.), for Open Source / Free Software people (you get a full GNU/Linux OS), and to emphasize that contrary to locked down handhelds by Nintendo or Sony, you don't have to buy games/apps but the community gives you lots of games/apps.

Yeah, but that's true for any slogan I guess. Actually we don't even need a slogan to make pre-orderers who are still waiting angry.

Wikipedia says: In Greek mythology, Pandora (ancient Greek, Πaνδώρa, derived from πᾶς "all" and δῶρον "gift", thus "all-gifted" or "all-giving")[1] was allegedly the first woman, who was made out of clay.

So what about Pandora: "gives you everything"

This seems to be a pretty good description of the Pandora - and it is ethymologically correct. It makes sense for the retro gamers (you can emulate anything), for people using it as a laptop (you can do anything with it, e.g. browsing the web, typing a letter, etc.), for Open Source / Free Software people (you get a full GNU/Linux OS), and to emphasize that contrary to locked down handhelds by Nintendo or Sony, you don't have to buy games/apps but the community gives you lots of games/apps.

so better (for me..) Pandora: "makes you Free"

I say : Open up Pandora's box .

To cover the ICP line : Take Something out of the box .

Keep brainstorming guys. I think we're not quite there yet! Needs to be catchy, not too cryptic.

Im gonna up "Take the controls" and "Take controls" with a simple Take control

Sounds a bit more fluent to me.

Im gonna up "Take the controls" and "Take controls" with a simple Take control

Sounds a bit more fluent to me.
And you show yourself to be a native english speaker with this post.

It is always embarassing when non-native english speakers imagine they have the fluency needed to write advertising copy. Take note ye furriners.

@ Binky and , _wb_ ok fine however to quote directly from the box of my Pandora it says " Pandora's Box has been opened . "

Obviously I'm not a native English speaker, yet i feel like writing something slogan style. I was writing to some developer and found myself thinking of this.

"Avoid mainstream. No limits. Forever."

Open Pandora. Open.

Or maybe:

Open Pandora, it's to late.

Slogans that are a bit sarcastic and/or do not take them selfs to serious for the win.

Back