Skip The Queue

quadomatic said:
I would be surprised if there aren't any defective units left.

I can't believe how many people are jumping on this though...even if you are at 3900+ (like myself). I mean...you're paying a fair bit for the product, might as well get the real deal.

It also seems like a lot of the minor manufacturing issues will probably be ironed out by the tail end of the batch...but I suppose I'll have to wait for that accordingly.

Maybe OP go bust. Defective Pandora = better than no Pandora. Plus who can be stuffed waiting anymore. Ordered in Feb. '10 myself and already fed up with these jokers. Just ship what you owe!

Last edited by a moderator:
My reason is i want to get cracked on with some development so i can cope with the nub, i am pretty handy with a soldering iron so ..... it its something simple then I will fix it.

if not then I will order a new board when/ if they become more common.

Mark

I've finished packaging up the broken nub units and dropped them off at the office in Newcastle.

If you want one and have not emailed, just email the sales address with your order details.

Any which are left over on Monday are going to developers.

quadomatic said:
I can't believe how many people are jumping on this though...even if you are at 3900+ (like myself). I mean...you're paying a fair bit for the product, might as well get the real deal.

It also seems like a lot of the minor manufacturing issues will probably be ironed out by the tail end of the batch...but I suppose I'll have to wait for that accordingly.
Agreed.
I can't imagine ever wanting to get a damaged product just to save a few weeks, especially when we've already waited so long.
They're all going to regret it in the long term, when some fancy thing using the nubs comes out, and they can't play it.

BlackWidow said:
Maybe OP go bust. Defective Pandora = better than no Pandora. Plus who can be stuffed waiting anymore. Ordered in Feb. '10 myself and already fed up with these jokers. Just ship what you owe!
Frankly, if OP went bust before they finished the first batch, a lot of the value of the Pandora would disappear with them.
There is a lot less incentive for anyone to dev for a system with less than 4000 users, and which has no support.

Agreed.
I can't imagine ever wanting to get a damaged product just to save a few weeks, especially when we've already waited so long.
They're all going to regret it in the long term, when some fancy thing using the nubs comes out, and they can't play it.

Thats quite a sweeping statement ! , some people might regret it, I know exactly what I want to do with mine :)

If I get to the point when it becomes a total PITA I will get another unit when they are more widely available.

Which nub do you guys prefer to be working?
I want a left one. So if I get a Pandora with a right working nub, I'd like to interchange it with someone who will have received a unit a with left working nub.

BlackWidow said:

Uh...you're way in back of the queue like me, and you knew that you would be in the back of the queue, but you're complaining?

Vitel said:
I want a left one. So if I get a Pandora with a right working nub, I'd like to interchange it with someone who will have received a unit a with left working nub.
sooo tempting to re-order,, but then if we both get working left nubs im unhappy

meandu229 said:
Vitel said:
sooo tempting to re-order,, but then if we both get working left nubs im unhappy
Right. There is still a chance to get similar units, which makes one of us unhappy. But I can live with a right working nub, that's why I've ordered it. So don't order if you need exactly a right working nub.

What's weird is I always played quake with the arrow keys. Is there even any analogue movement in quake? I thought it was just walk and run.

What's weird is I always played quake with the arrow keys. Is there even any analogue movement in quake? I thought it was just walk and run

Yeah me 2, i thought the dpad would be fine for that

7zark7 said:
What's weird is I always played quake with the arrow keys. Is there even any analogue movement in quake? I thought it was just walk and run

Yeah me 2, i thought the dpad would be fine for that

Walking and running is fairly digital, but mouselook in WinQuake or later is pretty analogue and much faster/more accurate than with keyboard IMHO. I'd imagine/hope a nub could be fairly good for that.

mastectomy

yeah i like that ! BTW we should start our own little mini shipping email updates here.. dont expect mine to be shipped until next week sometime.

I got an email saying mine has been shipped today, but I'm in the US and didn't get express delivery so it'll be a while.

xopher said:
I'm just going to say my Pandora had a mastectomy but it still looks good, riiight? :)

This is the second time I've seen a post that could be offensive to those with breast cancer...it wasn't well received last time so...

So are all the pandoras with broken nubs gone? I sent a pm to craig but never got a reply.

Back