Should I have received my final order eMail already?

if its not money im not sure what the hold up is
How about that it's mainly one guy doing everthing (with some help) and that guy is also running a shop with lots of other stuff and has a job editting hockey movies. I still think it's a fantastic feat ED pulled off, however I might be biased because I have had my pyra for years already.

Or maybe more merch hats hirts and hoodies with several pyra logo and designs could fill the gap i would be more interested in those than key chains and mugs. i did see a shirt lately but a few more items would help me pay the shipping. More Merch ED
I'd love to, but I don't wear shirts with round necks or with QR- or barcodes and mugs for me need to be the standard cylindrical shape and white on the inside. Diversification, though, means extra cost and v-neck shirts seem to be a rarer breed in general, presumable few want them.

[Psyche] Do you mean the asteroid or the spacecraft ? I knew it was delayed and over budget, I just didn't know Pyra funds were diverted to a NASA mission.

is what im saying if there is no capital flowing its hard to build or ship anything pyra

when did the last pyra ship? what are the life spans of the hardware? will the people that have the pyra and the new people have the same machine (hardware) 7 years comuters change fast

when did the last pyra ship? what are the life spans of the hardware? will the people that have the pyra and the new people have the same machine (hardware) 7 years comuters change fast

The Pyra is no device for the "comuters change fast"-minded. Each week, there are at least a few Pyras shipped I guess. There's still much handicraft involved.

Because of this Modular Concept, it might be that Pyra from a few years distance have some differences, parts might change, from the tiny diode, to the case,
my Pyra have black nub caps, whyle the new Pyrae have Transparent Nub Caps because they work much better.. , my Pyra is from December 2020,
Its planed to have the Batterie Compartment Cover whit a slider instead of these pegs like on the Pandora, and the Case might also get a lot slimmer..

Some Parts might get out of stock, but i think the Omap5 will be the part that might change as its discontinued by TI so when the CPUs on Stock are gone, whe need a new Pyra CPU Board..

The Pyra is no device for the "comuters change fast"-minded
I'm hoping at the very least, by the time I get mine (perhaps next year if I'm lucky at the current rate), that the software will have evolved at least to get decent sound and battery life on standby.

I'm thinking now that I'll use mine with a few AI scripts as a pocket study mentor/guide. It won't matter then how fast or slow it is to be extremely useful.

Computers don't change at all. New designs come along, but there are plenty of old ones still working, sometimes decades after their introduction. There's a huge amount of 'legacy' equipment out there still doing its job - sometimes not always a good idea, but industrial control stuff tends to last. There are a significant number of people that still use Psion organisers, for example: a design from 1997 (Series 5) or 1997 (Series 5mx), both with 32-bit ARM processors. In some ways, they have never been bettered, and that's at least 26 years old.
The Pyra is designed to be open, with updatable software, so it should be usable for as long as people are willing to support it, and the build quality is intended to be good, with spare parts available.

You got me started and now you'll have to stand my rambling:
I'm fed up with people calling computing "new technologies". Does it happen in all languages ?
Most people alive today are younger than computing, and there's not so much new stuff, just marketing and new truant schemes. (besides, mathematics is not technology, but that's more epistemological)

Last edited:
Very true. I always hate it when they bring out new marketing BS terminology for something that's existed for years already. Like "the cloud", "web 2.0", etc...
I am almost terminally cynical, so I apologise if I offend anyone with these remarks.

The concepts described are probably novel to the young people encountering/rediscovering them for the first time. "It's new because I've never seen it before."

There is also the problem of people regarding novelty as sufficient justification for doing something different, like 'refreshing' a GUI (without extensive testing), and thereby throwing away hard-won ergonomic experience (gained by generations of careful testing).

As the saying goes Dijkstra said "Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes". But that quote is of course debated. The quote, date and authorship is debated, not the concept.
It might just be me, but I find most of those debates about quote origins to be quite annoying. They distract from the deeper meanings of the quotes they debate.

In my book it doesn't matter if Dijkstra was inspired by an old textbook analogy, reformulated a chunk of translated text, or even if he was the first to say it. He was a familiar name in the field who recognized the value of those words and put them to good use by spreading them in a well formulated way. That's good enough for me.

Back to topic I almost missed the latest Pyra assembly update, those copper cases look amazing!

It might just be me, but I find most of those debates about quote origins to be quite annoying. They distract from the deeper meanings of the quotes they debate.
Then pick the quote every human thought has to revolve around. Otherwise, the origins of a quote is just one more topic.

Then pick the quote every human thought has to revolve around. Otherwise, the origins of a quote is just one more topic.
I'm not sure what you mean, I don't think there's a single quote that outperforms the rest?

The point is the quote itself has value beyond who said it. A golden quote from some guy down the street is worth more than a random sentence from the most important person in history.

Back