Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Isn't that what he's already been doing, but showing us all the excellent work some have done already to bring software to the Pyra. Some of the other stuff you've listed would be cool to know as well, but I think Matze's not the ideal presenter of that information, since it would require a scripted delivery and thus far he's pushed back at any idea of doing a scripted video.

I think I made allready some sort of a first look , whit size comparison etc maybe not whit battery live as this is not that representative at the moment as a lot of stuff in the software needs to work on , whe are still in a early access stage ..
grip could be better, you have a blocky Little Computer, it’s ok for me , but I’m also got used to the Pandora a long time

Yeah, but compared to a black glass slippy phone, I guess anything with a goddamn keyboard and game controls will be a lot harder to drop in use. I was aware with my Pandora that I needed to curl my fingers round the edge when carrying it closed, but that's the same way I hold remote controls and almost everything else I carry in one hand except for books (which I generally carry between fingers and thumb).

Well, a Conclusion Video might be a good idea, after 9 Months of Use,
I wantet to make me some help files, like some reminders on DOS Commands, or something, and also maybe a better organisation for my Pyra Videos.., maybe i will move my little fridge away from the "Studio" (my Desk) to a differend room because its quite anoying
So i could also make some scripts for the Videos...

But this might be too much offtopic for this thread..

Yeah, but compared to a black glass slippy phone, I guess anything with a goddamn keyboard and game controls will be a lot harder to drop in use.

You are right about smartphones, but:

1/ A lot of smartphones are constructed in a very good way. For example mine, with only like 7 mm thickness, is MIL-STD-810G compliant (not for use in extreme conditions, of course). Some day it went to floor over a marble stairs (without cover): no damage, only a small mark-deformation in metal frame around display. That frame has a very small gap between it and LCD display, so it protects display absorbing impact; It is designed in that way to protect phone+display.

2/ For a lot of smartphones we have some excellent protection covers, like for example those black TPU (Thermoplastic polyurethane) covers made by Spigen with shock-absorption, and "Air Cushion Technology® and drop defense". They add more protection to smartphone designed protection (even they protrude well over display to add protection). And they are non slippery.

Pyra is not slippery (although I would like much more coarse texture on surface, like for example marvelous HP-48 series have), and it is near all plastic (a good point for impacts), BUT it has no protection-design nor drop test passed (it is impossible for its market-cost), nor we have excellent covers for it like those made by Spigen for a lot of smartphones.

If Pyra is dropped opened (while in use), I think it has more chances to get damaged than a good designed smartphone (with drop and impact resistance from design) with a good cover.

And the worse of all: I can change/buy a smartphone in a day (they are in online stores), while Pyra is a WAIT for "3 months®" (equals "at least a few years").

PD: A good point for Pyra is that you could buy parts and repair it yourself.

I once had my Leg between Pyra and a 25kg E-Bike Frame, my Leg Muskles got damaged (i still have issues), but the Pyra was fine.. and just the front fender of my Bike needs a Replacement , so the Pyra is allready quite sturdy, allthough a Protection Cover would be cool..

Librem 5 is much more libre than Pyra is, though. Achieving this came with a whole load of issues as well. Librem 5 is definitely not some standardised run-of-the-mill smartphone.
Librem 5 is more libre than Pyra, but it is much more expensive. Recently it got even more expensive: [liliputing] Purism Librem 5 Linux smartphone is getting another (big) price hike
$1299 for a Librem 5 is too much for me (I understand with Librem 5 you pay software development, not only hard).

I prefer Pinephone, it is not so libre, but very good, and it is cheap ($150-$200), and best of it: it has a real keyboard and it will be on sale soon: https://www.pine64.org/2021/09/15/september-update-hurdles-and-successes/

With that keyboard, Pinephone will be like a Linux pocket computer. It is not like Pyra, because Pyra has keyboard plus gaming controls, but it is interesting.

PD: I wanted to get a Pyra (I follow development since its early stages when it was announced; even I remember originally it was going to have FullHD 1920x1080 resolution), but I suppose I will have a Pinephone+keyboard much earlier than Pyra :-|| But no problem, we must accept reality.

PD2: On other side I convinced my best friend to desire a Pyra, so he well have other in some future time.

OK, I received my mail to complete my preorder, but non of the provided links works (page not found) and I get no respond to my emails (sent 30 Aug and 15 Sep to the "shop {ät } dragonbox"
Had any of you similar problems?

I unearthed my pre-order confirmation (Apr 2017 how time flies) and there's no reference number. So no way to tell where I am in any queue.

I did fill in the colour and accessories survey. I also note that the address in my confirmation is wrong so presumably I will eventually get an email to say it is ready and I can change the address?

Well, if you have an Acount for the Dragonbox Shop, you could just change your Adress there, , to Order, you need to login to your Acount anyway, so i would assume this might work as well..,
as the 200 Pree Pree Orders are Done, its hard to know where you are in the Que, maybe the next wo gets his Pyra could write it down in our
Thread, whit the Date and Time of the Preeorder maybe ^^
Whats your Ordernumber?? ^^

Reactions: rSl
I unearthed my pre-order confirmation (Apr 2017 how time flies) and there's no reference number. So no way to tell where I am in any queue.

I did fill in the colour and accessories survey. I also note that the address in my confirmation is wrong so presumably I will eventually get an email to say it is ready and I can change the address?
Should be able to log into dragonbox.de and change your current address in your account.

Back