Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Ok, three, four?
That doesn't change the fact that we are tracking 1-2 pyras per day.
And that the german government is forbidding 'non essential' work
This is essential to me. To ED.
Who let them say it's non-essential?
No offense as this is intended very seriously but is your, or ED’s, life in immediate danger if the pace of Pyra production doesn’t speed up?
Get some perspective...

And that the german government is forbidding 'non essential' work
I'll leave it to others better informed to explain, but I don't think the German government is forbidding non-essential work. Pretty sure work-from-home is allowed for any purpose essential or not. And I doubt work in factories is forbidden.
I guess they have closed non-essential shops (brick and mortar). Places where the public goes to buy or meet or get services may be closed if they are not essential, because having public getting in and out of the same place is a risk.
But as long as there are only the workers there it doesn't seem so severe a risk (depending on the pandemic situation).
But still people don't live in a vacuum. For example if you have children and schools are closed, you might not be able to leave home and go to work, or things like that.
I don't think we need to know all the details because that might disclose personal situations and private personal information. ED said COVID-19 is having an impact in production, and that's understandable.
It's not like ED has any reason to delay shipment voluntarily.

Last edited:
ED wrote: "My employee is finally back from the lockdown (she didn't come to work for the last two months)"

He is sitting there building a few here and there and you're like "yay lockdowns".
I could spit.

Where's the assembly line building a few thousand pyras?
It is what it is, And honestly it wasn't going to be much better than this Covid or not, there likely would have been only one or two Global Components employees working on this. These small manufacturing batches were known and understood for several years now, ED been transparent from the beginning on this. This isn't Samsung, this is literally essentially one guy with a vision and some hired help and a whole bunch of amature software developers scattered in the community.

How is anything I'm saying a lie, just stating the fact that small batches were expected from the start. Covid made things worse, but it's not like he was going to have a full assembly line, it was literally just going to be a few people doing this.

Is it just ED piecing them together himself?, yeah likely at the moment he is and nothing I stated in my prior posts indicated it was otherwise. Getting upset about the current affairs of the world isn't going to get your unit out any sooner.

Last edited:
no, many is three thousand.

how sick can you be?
To be fair to you, ED did say he hoped to hire a village hall or something and do the mass production there with the help of a couple of other forum members, at the same time as a couple of GC guys would be trained to put them together (which would have been slow anyway ‘til they got the hang of it) but that is at most five - six people. Given everything that’s happened, frankly I think what ED has already achieved is outstanding and as a newbie you really ought to spend more time reading up on the background, and less time criticising an almost one-man-band...
I get that you’ve also offered to try and help organise some additional help for ED but the rest of your attitude really doesn’t mirror that.

Is your other name Zwerg?

According to Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, trolls actually can count, but with a limited number of words : "one", "two", "many" and "lots" XD
bit off topic but ive been wondering, where would be a good spot to start discworld?

Hmm, I can see lots of places to start. Maybe you can miss off the first two books. I mean they're kind of historic, but not really related to the later stuff and only mentioned once or twice. You could therefore start with the third book, Wyrd Sisters. Or if all you really care about is the city watch and none of the earlier flotsam you could start with Guards Guards!

Reactions: rSl
@jeremiah, I've held a bit of restraint, but if you don't cool it, I will have to do some forum moderation and I tend to do the nuclear option.

Don't Know, I did the Nuclear option.
The word is nucular ;)

bit off topic but ive been wondering, where would be a good spot to start discworld?
I guess anywhere on this Ellipsoid we call earth is equally fine as the curvature should be rather equal. If you're on the heavy side, I would recommend somewhere on equator, that makes you some lighter:D.

Are you waiting on some fixes or parts or something @EvilDragon ? Or are there other unrelated/undisclosed problems?

I don't want to be or sound annoying but the output is <1 per day..
Production started somewhere around Christmas and we're almost half-way march now and not even 75 units have been delivered to your customers.
Every now and then a breadcrumb is thrown this way but after that it's weeks of nothing again.
If in fact nothing is wrong, this makes me feel that we (the people waiting) are not a priority at all.

I'm a really patient guy, I've been here active on the forum, waiting and trying to keep the spirit up since the beginning of the pandora project years ago but now I start to think there's things not right, and I'm pretty sure that's because of the lack of communication.. Also I don't think Covid related restrictions should have such a big impact that not even 1 pyra can be built in a whole day.
Even with the restrictions in place multiple people could work on building Pyra's at their own homes.

Sorry... Maybe I'm just having a shitty day and have to vent but I'm feeling more and more pessimistic about all of this and am tired of trying to make up reasons or excuses about why things are stagnating so much...

I think part of the plan to build the pyras at one place is to pass the collected tweaks and experience to GC, which will do the assembly eventually after all hurdles in the assembly are overcome. And to find this smooth and hurdlefree assambly, it might be a good idea to do it in one place.
Yeah, a pain in the butt for all "us" prepreorderers, but kinda necessary...

i did receive it, and made a quick unboxing video (spoilers for box art and such).

right now it's playing some weird music for me. i think it shut itself down in the middle of an `apt update` and so now it's having an issue parsing stuff when i try to run `apt update` again, so i have some debugging to do...

Back