Should I have received my final order eMail already?

It looks like production is going slow. Is ED still alive?
At this pace you're probably looking at preorders being filled the remainder of the year. If you're #1000 or so, until production gets exported, you're (probably) going to be waiting a long time.
Even if ED 3x'd his production pace according to this thread, you're probably still looking at Q4 barring no slowdowns just to clear the queue. I'm not critiquing or anything, just saying.

I don't have time to read through the full thread - but I have some good news:
My employee is finally back from the lockdown (she didn't come to work for the last two months) - which means I now have 5 more hours per day and everything is back to normal.

If you follow the kernel mailing list, you can see I found more time ;)
And I am now finding the time to post here again as well.

I still have a bit of work to catch up (replying to customer emails, etc.) but not having to handle the daily shipments of the shop anymore takes a huge load of work off my shoulders.

Time to resume shipping out Pyras again :)

Sorry for the delay, hopefully, we won't face another lockdown soon :)

Welcome back ED! We've missed you!

Looks like there are a few niggles mentioned on the mailing list. Assuming they won't affect production of the first 500 units at least... (one of the issues is audio white noise a couple of users are apparently experiencing in specific circumstances, which may or may not require an additional hardware tweak at some point)

Welcome back ED! We've missed you!

Looks like there are a few niggles mentioned on the mailing list. Assuming they won't affect production of the first 500 units at least... (one of the issues is audio white noise a couple of users are apparently experiencing in specific circumstances, which may or may not require an additional hardware tweak at some point)
Yes one user (silent-hunter) experiences it always with kirby64 in mupen, not sure if it might hint to something specific but who knows.

so what about the email we got about our pyra is being assembled but need to know what color you want? was that a your is coming soon?

No because only Shops whit physical Customer are closed, but not all like Super Markets etc,
EDs shop may be the same like Amazon, but a bit smaller
I also bought my 4 new GBGBC Games from a Onlineshop a few weeks ago, so i think they are open..
But this is a topic for the Covid 19 thread, and whe arent a "Merkel Regime" but a "Bundesrepuplic" and quite Democratic..

Calm down! Lockdown does not mean that you cannot go to work.
Trust me: I live in Germany, we have lockdown and I have been working the whole time. Employers are stronly encouraged to allow their employees to work from home and a lot of non-vital stores and places are closed, but that's it.

Yeah, but it's hard to assemble Pyra from home when all the constituent parts are at the office. Maybe ED could mail out collections of stuff to be assembled at home, but I'm not sure how autonomous ED's helper is yet.

ED has usually been very good about informing his customers (of which I am one) about delays and setbacks, but I did not see him inform us about the government prohibiting his employee from working, which he knew would cause production delays.
ED is still very good about informing us; he did post a while ago about the risk that further lockdowns etc. might pose to the ability of his employee to work on his store and thus affect production rate - you must have missed it...

Reactions: rSl
I missed it too. I am still worried about the lockdown as well, as I have been for years. It does not look like these "2 weeks to flatten the curve" are going to end anytime soon.

Back