Should I have received my final order eMail already?

I'll more than likely make a image post of modding the clear cases to work with the final board.

I'm not in the pre-preorder group however so that will be a while from now. I don't mind this though, i've been tied up with other things and i have yet to make certain sd card purchases.
The upside is that one thing i really want to see is a ebook reader for the pyra so ive been taking a crack at that.

I'll more than likely make a image post of modding the clear cases to work with the final board.

I'm not in the pre-preorder group however so that will be a while from now. I don't mind this though, i've been tied up with other things and i have yet to make certain sd card purchases.
The upside is that one thing i really want to see is a ebook reader for the pyra so ive been taking a crack at that.
FBReader is fairly nice, but not perfect, and it's in the debian repo. Are you programming a new one?

I am using that as my default ebook reader in arch ( from default repo), as well as in raspi os, and I haven't seen a crash yet. I only use it with epub files though, for pdf I prefer qpdfview.

I am using that as my default ebook reader in arch ( from default repo), as well as in raspi os, and I haven't seen a crash yet. I only use it with epub files though, for pdf I prefer qpdfview.
I suspect the armhf version is bugged, or maybe using it via a PPA meant for Ubuntu caused a problem.

If you like to read epub in terminal, https://github.com/wustho/epy is very nice option, not good for image heavy books though. It supports mobi too. Just copy epy.py file in your path and you are good to go. ( use "t" for table of contents, "o" to open images)

For those who prefer a lean all-in-one solution: Atril, the Evince fork of MATE, was actually expanded with support for several ebook file formats some years ago.

FBReader is fairly nice, but not perfect, and it's in the debian repo. Are you programming a new one?
thats the plan~
I'd like to see something as versatile as MoonReader is [my current go to for reading ebooks]. Something with power user stuff in it would be nice.
and tbh the form factor of the pyra adding to the ereader could work to how it was on the DS. You'd hold it like a book. and with some homebrew on the DS, you could flip pages or entire chapters by closing and opening the DS as you would an actual book. It's a interesting user interaction that really had a effect on me

thats the plan~
I'd like to see something as versatile as MoonReader is [my current go to for reading ebooks]. Something with power user stuff in it would be nice.
and tbh the form factor of the pyra adding to the ereader could work to how it was on the DS. You'd hold it like a book. and with some homebrew on the DS, you could flip pages or entire chapters by closing and opening the DS as you would an actual book. It's a interesting user interaction that really had a effect on me
I would like to request that theming info is just part of a config in ~/.config/ so that I can use my themedark and themelight scripts to change the book 'paper' and 'ink' colors for nighttime or daytime reading.

Also please don't make the opening and closing the only way to read. It will wear out the Pyra's hinge. Personally, I like the idea of being able to read by holding the Pyra upright, and having two pages visible like an open book on the screen, using the dpad to change pages. But of course these are just suggestions.

With the current pace of 10 per Week you will need them in 5 month.

Yes. And where is the problem with that?
When the moulds are fixed, the production takes about 1 week, delivery 2 weeks.
Coating will probably take longer (it took longer as well last time), but there's still some time left.

If i can be honest: Im happy to have one of the Early Cases, this barely round cutout around my DPAD makes it quite uniqe ^^
allthough i hope its dont get that much dust on this side of the PCB..

• Love
Reactions: rSl
If i can be honest: Im happy to have one of the Early Cases, this barely round cutout around my DPAD makes it quite uniqe ^^
People later in the queue can get that too buy buying a prototype case. I think the lower quality is a down-side of being early, but I'd sure like to have a Pyra right now.

I imagine a future Community Convention, everyone gets his Pyra whit, and if someone gets issues find its own Pyra again, whe can tell on the diverent cuttout around the DPAD, which Pyra is who..

Or just boot up and see who is registered on this Pyra..

I would like to request that theming info is just part of a config in ~/.config/ so that I can use my themedark and themelight scripts to change the book 'paper' and 'ink' colors for nighttime or daytime reading.

Also please don't make the opening and closing the only way to read. It will wear out the Pyra's hinge. Personally, I like the idea of being able to read by holding the Pyra upright, and having two pages visible like an open book on the screen, using the dpad to change pages. But of course these are just suggestions.

the config file goes into the config shaped hole...

lol no intention of ever doing that. it was a gimmick for whats its worth thus why it never caught on. it was to show how easy it was to add lid detection in regular homebrew despite CFW taking full command.

According to my records, that puts you in week 13 of the preorder stats. I wasn't writing them up in so much detail back then, and the records I used to use have since disappeared, so I can't tell you what the numbers were on that specific day, but you're somewhere between 840 and 852, and if I assume the orders were made roughly linearly (even though they weren't even nearly that) that's put you on about 846, although there tended by the time I was actually writing them up for there to be something of a weekend effect, so you might be slightly lower than that.
Thanks for the reply. At least it gives me an idea as to where I am on the list. I did get an email from EVD asking me what color I wanted my Pyra to be and also if I wanted the SATA interface., so I know my Pyra will come sometime.
Post automatically merged:

I suspect that most of us, especially if we're not in the first 500, will need to wait at least a couple of months more, so I wouldn't hold your breath just yet...
Well I can only say that I at least know it coming. I am used to things like that as in the past I have ordered some Atari-based computers and waited a long while before they came.
Post automatically merged:

I suspect that most of us, especially if we're not in the first 500, will need to wait at least a couple of months more, so I wouldn't hold your breath just yet...
Well I can only say that I at least know it coming. I am used to things like that as in the past I have ordered some Atari-based computers and waited a long while before they came.

I did get an email from EVD asking me what color I wanted my Pyra to be and also if I wanted the SATA interface.
As to my understanding, our answers didn't get associated with us individually, but were just aggregated to give ED some numbers to plan production accordingly.

Back