Should I have received my final order eMail already?

Todespreis

Still Fresh
Aannnd Pyra #163 arrived safely today! Thanks ED and to everyone involved. I’ve waited years for this moment!
a73fe2ef7e5be29f12fb11176d0cfcd7.jpg
Make some Videos or stuff ^^

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
I have a bit the fear that other videos are that unprofessional as mine; I don’t even use a proper camera.. I put my phone on a tripod, and speak in it’s phone microphone, and upload this directly to YouTube.. ,
I remember whe had a lot more community work around the Pandora: lots of Blogs, Videos from more members, on the Pyra it’s not that many..

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
I have a bit the fear that other videos are that unprofessional as mine; I don’t even use a proper camera
Given the choice between someone who understands what the Pyra is and why it needs to exist and a professional reviewer who doesn't have a clue, I know which I'd rather choose. The quality of production is not even relevant.

We definitely need more videos.

Last edited:

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
I don’t even use a proper camera.. I put my phone on a tripod, and speak in it’s phone microphone, and upload this directly to YouTube.. ,
Blogs are quite retro these days. It used to be you used to have to write a blog post or post on a forum like this if you wanted to say anthing, but nowadays you can tweet or fire in into the facebook void. I still do follow a few blogs, but they don't post nearly as much as they used to.

I think bigclive uses a phone and uploads directly to youtube, but at least he's talking in his native tongue.

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Maybe whe have to wait until [mention]ingoreis [/mention] gets his Pyra if he preeordered at all, his Pandora Video where quite professional, ..
I could use my own Language but I aimed the Videos on the International Boards, and English is the language I think I can… French would be too difficult for me..

carlberry

I have a bit the fear that other videos are that unprofessional as mine; I don’t even use a proper camera.. I put my phone on a tripod, and speak in it’s phone microphone, and upload this directly to YouTube.. ,
I remember whe had a lot more community work around the Pandora: lots of Blogs, Videos from more members, on the Pyra it’s not that many..

To be fair the Pyras have hardly started shipping yet, only the pre-preorders are out there so until the main orders start shipping regularly it's going to be difficult to build a community other than this one of people waiting. I mean I could do a video of the space where my Pyra isn't.... ;)

gunrock

Very Active Member
Today I received my Pyra #173 shipping notice. EU 4G model destined for the UK. ETA Friday.

It's actually happening. Can it be real?

:D
When did you get your email to complete payment?

Gren

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
And when did you initially order, if I can ask?
Good question!

Looking at saved emails, I think my original voucher order was made on 19/10/2015.
However, I think the upgrade to a pre-preorder came later, and the associated email for me was 30/04/2016. The pre-preorder window was open for a few days IIRC....

Do these dates sound about right?

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
Pre-preorders came before pre-orders, the clue is in the name. Pre-preorder vouchers were used to buy a pre-order voucher which more recently you upgraded into a real order for a unit. You may have bought shop vouchers ahead of time, I couldn't say but they're not specific to pyra parts.

Gren

Very Active Member
Website
Visit site
Pre-preorders came before pre-orders, the clue is in the name. Pre-preorder vouchers were used to buy a pre-order voucher which more recently you upgraded into a real order for a unit. You may have bought shop vouchers ahead of time, I couldn't say but they're not specific to pyra parts.
That makes sense.
So I guess I bought the voucher in 2015 to reserve the pre-preorder, and then upgraded to a "full" pre-order on 30/04/2016 for 330 Euros?

It's all so long ago :cool:

mclien

Very Active Member
Yeah, but compared to a black glass slippy phone, I guess anything with a goddamn keyboard and game controls will be a lot harder to drop in use. I was aware with my Pandora that I needed to curl my fingers round the edge when carrying it closed, but that's the same way I hold remote controls and almost everything else I carry in one hand except for books (which I generally carry between fingers and thumb).
Haven't seen the obvious: the mentioned links are missing the ".html" ending. Pyra ordered.