Shipping On The 4Th?

Even if it doesn't arrive until christmas I'll be still patiently waiting, so no emorage here.

But out of genuine curiosity, why isn't any of the OPT flying over to China and hang around at the factory everyday overseeing this?

I realise you have a gazillion other things to do but this seems to be the mother of all bottlenecks and near impossible to manage without having eyes on the spot. It would certainly end the possiblity of lying about the progress on their part.

Also the person on location can insta check the ones done now and give the go ahead for the rest and fly back together with the last of the 4k and get stuck in on the assembly line.

EvilDragon said:
She told him that the cases had in fact been produced but the painting company (yep, it's a different company) couldn't paint it yet.

Just out of interest, is the company doing the painting the same ones who would of done the silkscreening?

Last edited by a moderator:
worzyl said:
EvilDragon said:
She told him that the cases had in fact been produced but the painting company (yep, it's a different company) couldn't paint it yet.

Just out of interest, is the company doing the painting the same ones who would of done the silkscreening?
Please, don't open that can of worms! :p

Chris

Xtreme2k said:
EvilDragon said:
Pickup by UPS on May 7th.

I'd bet 10 € that this deadline is not met. Anyone?

Hm. I'd say it will work out this time!
It was the same with all the prototype cases we got: They missed one or two deadlines and then finally shipped them.
Should be the same here, so it's about time :)

Last edited:
As the upcomming shipment of the cases is probably the most important indicator that Katla will erupt within this week (dunno why those media always claim other factors as reasons for volcanic activities), we might as well get our front row seats:

http://www.ruv.is/katla/ <- Livestream

Heat the Popcorn and lean back, we will be here for a while.

EvilDragon said:
It was the same with all the prototype cases we got: They missed one or two deadlines and then finally shipped them.

Tip for further business: Set the first deadline for tomorrow, the second deadline for the day after that and the third deadline on when you actually want them :lol:

This volcanic activity seems to be directly linked to our desire multiplied by the Chinese factorys ability to ship cases to the UK. The more we want them/the closer they are to shipping the more ash it puffs into the atmosphere thereby delaying their arrival.

What say we all take the Chinese factorys attitude and forget about the cases for 2 weeks and before you know it they'll be with Craig in the UK.

SIMPLES!

BTW ED, What about the boards? Is the factory currently producing new ones and testing them as we speak? (500 per week if I recall correctly...)

Should we expect a new delivery soon? (Naughty volcano! Behave yourself!)

Khan said:
BTW ED, What about the boards? Is the factory currently producing new ones and testing them as we speak? (500 per week if I recall correctly...)

boards are with Criag arnt they?

Khan said:

Here's a bet I'll make!

All 3300 boards will be complete, and waiting at Craigs long before the reamining 3000 cases arrive.

Any takers? :lol:

Chris

Trevsweb said:
Khan said:

boards are with Criag arnt they?

I mean the remaining 3300 ;)
And yes, jumpman, It seems to be pretty feasible :(

I would like to strongly suggest having Faith get in touch with the paint company and make sure that they know that these cases will be picked up by UPS on Friday. You don't want to have to deal with excuses from a second company about the cases not being shipped on time, right? I wouldn't trust the mold company to ensure that the paint company gets this gets done on time.

Sugar_Kane said:
jb0yx said:
It's one thing to lie in order to get someone to buy something. That almost seems like normal business.

But they are lying after you bought it. I've beat people's asses before over doing shit like that, I've gotten MY ass beat for doing shit like that.

Someone needs to physically go down there and just watch them with a big stick, no excuses, no breaks, just finish.

When it's done, take your big stick, pallet of 10,000 cases, and the molds, get on the plane and just never look back.

I wouldn't want to be that guy. He would have to have balls of solid plutonium to threaten a stick beating to a factory of 1000 potential martial artists
dude that would be fucking epic.

ED bring your camera, and go roll on that Chinese factory, you, Craig, and mweston. Make sure to put it in the "makeing of" movie to go along with every shipped pandora. I'd buy 3

OpenPandora: the night of a million bajillion ninjas

emil10001 said:
I would like to strongly suggest having Faith get in touch with the paint company and make sure that they know that these cases will be picked up by UPS on Friday. You don't want to have to deal with excuses from a second company about the cases not being shipped on time, right? I wouldn't trust the mold company to ensure that the paint company gets this gets done on time.

s7.JPG

I'm pretty sure that if you think putting your Pandora in your mouth is a good idea, there's not a lot more damage the lead is going to do to you :p

WizardStan said:
I'm pretty sure that if you think putting your Pandora in your mouth is a good idea, there's not a lot more damage the lead is going to do to you :p
I thought you could soak lead in through the skin, and all types of bad things happen in the long term, birth defects, cancer crap like that?

Sugar_Kane said:
Why do I get the impression that 'Entrance of the gladiators' is the factory managers favourite piece of music?
Because I had to... I'm sorry, but it was too good to pass up posting this song.

As for lead concerns, we'll have to get that checked it. If there is lead in the paint, how sealed is it?

jb0yx said:
I thought you could soak lead in through the skin, and all types of bad things happen in the long term, birth defects, cancer crap like that?
Just so we're clear, I was just making a joke. Lead paint is bad. :)
When I was reading about it, the problem wasn't absorbing through the skin, or even eating the paint itself. The most common cause of lead poisoning was touching lead painted things and then eating something. Tiny particles of paint dust rub off onto your fingers which you then ingest, and over the course of months, or years, it builds up.

According to a post from ED somewhere the factory assured the paint is leadfree. Well. Of course they also assured a shipment by May 4th *ahem*

EvilDragon said:
Why does everyone think it has taken 3 months to produce 1000 cases?
The MOULD was finished with all the tweakings about early (see this entry).

The PRODUCTION of the 1000 cases took two days, AFAIR. The thing that took a while longer was doing tests painting the cases (while the volcano was errupting).

The only thing we have no idea is why it took them so long to start the painting (they didn't start until Friday).

Basically, 1000 cases can be produced and painted within a week if they really DO it.

Ok, I'll rephrase the question, as I'd first read it.
What has the factory ever done to make up believe they can create cases (not the moulds, but the final plastic products) as fast as this? They *claim* they can do it in a few days, but they never have. They've missed every single deadline they've promised us.

To me, that means one of a few possibilities:
1) We're lower on their priorities than they tell us, and despite promising to start "Tomorrow" they don't actually, and take several more days (weeks?) before they start.
2) They do start when they promise, but can't actually make the product as fast as they say they can.
3) Some combination of the above. Either way, they keep outright lying to us.

Until we've seen them go from can go from "We want to buy the remaining/another X cases" to "OK, they've shipped" (with confirmation), in a timeframe of on the order of 500 cases/day (they promised 1000/day), possibly adding a few days for painting (either overall, or per 500/1000), I don't believe that they can do it that fast. And if I don't believe it, I think making assumptions based on those estimates is unreasonable. What reason do we have to believe that they'll do it at the right speed for the rest of the cases?

I hate to do an I-told-you-so, but I did ask about this very concern (the extra delay from painting) about three weeks ago,, now:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52935-new-blog-post/page__view__findpost__p__840210
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/52935-new-blog-post/page__view__findpost__p__840234
at which point we were supposed to have had all 1000 cases already made, just waiting on the decision of paint/no-paint. http://pandorapress.net/2010/04/15/all-dressed-up-and-everywhere-to-go/
So we get back to my 1/2/3 from above, with the paint. Which was it this time?

Back