Shipping On The 4Th?

I haven't been here for about 16 hours - Did the cases get PICKED UP, yet?
Yesterday morning (my time) Craig said they "Should" be getting picked up (yesterday).

kingoddball said:
Yesterday morning (my time) Craig said they "Should" be getting picked up (yesterday).
Well yesterday is still today here. No news I've seen yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
may88 said:
kingoddball said:
Well yesterday is still today here. No news I've seen yet.
Yesterday is now yesterday in the UK, so did the cases get made? And did the cases get picked up by the courier? Guess there are a few on this forum who might have a modicum of interest in some kind of official response.

I sure hope the chinese have actually finished the cases, I'm worried that the chinese factory will come up with yet another excuse why they haven't finished them. Once we know UPS have collected the cases and that they are on the way I'll be able to relax a little, I think we'll all be able to relax once we know they're on there way. Then it'll be "Yippeeeeeeeee" :)

meandu229 said:
quick question about the cases i keep seeing that only 1000 are made,, are they to be ok'ed before the rest are made or are they still rolling them out there is just 1000 finished to be shipped?
They want to ensure that they can make 1000 of a consistent quality before accepting the remaining 9000.

meandu229 said:
quick question about the cases i keep seeing that only 1000 are made,, are they to be ok'ed before the rest are made or are they still rolling them out there is just 1000 finished to be shipped?
To be fully accurate (and pedantic), what you keep seeing is that 1000 were expected to be be picked up yesterday. We've heard no confirmation that they were picked up or even that they were produced. However, as WS^ says, it's certain they have not made more than 1000.

Just waiting to see which dates the cases will arrive on. Both cases. The carry cases and the case cases.

From that I can give you a date for the first units. It should all be next week, unless that volcano explodes again and Michael is stuck in Canada.

craigix said:
Just waiting to see which dates the cases will arrive on. Both cases. The carry cases and the case cases.

From that I can give you a date for the first units. It should all be next week, unless that volcano explodes again and Michael is stuck in Canada.
When MWeston would be alreadyy on it's way to England, you could be sure that all Boards are fixed when the Cases arrive. ;)
If Mweston starts with the resistor-mod after the Cases arrive, you have to wait until the PCBs are done. I think it couls save some time when the Boards are redy for assembling the Pandora.

Prediction: MWeston will be in the air on his way to the UK on Sunday. Can we get any over/under?

Well we are thinking about doing the board mods first, or just doing some whole Pandora consoles at once to get some shipped. It's something we are taking about a lot right now.

The appstore will be live from the weekend with real software on it, so we will be ready to roll for customers.

Ugh, I gotta order new SD cards since I lost the ones I ordered when I first preordered >.<

How many consoles will be made on that particular run, or is it just going to keep rolling until all 4000 are out?

craigix said:
Well we are thinking about doing the board mods first, or just doing some whole Pandora consoles at once to get some shipped. It's something we are taking about a lot right now.

The appstore will be live from the weekend with real software on it, so we will be ready to roll for customers.
Can this all really be finally happening?

I knew it would happen someday, but it still doesn't seem possible. Well, hopefully everyone is ready for some Pandora action!

Chris

P.S. Hey Craig, if those 1000 cases are messed up, I suggest you move into the valcano for your health! :p

Alerino said:
i thought all first 700 boards would require modding prior to the assembly. So you've got some 'good to go' boards already.
I think the difference is, do they have 3 or 4 people working on the board fix at once to get them all done in a few days, but no consoles actually being produced until they're all done; or does MWeston sit alone with a soldering iron, cranking out one board at a time, while someone else assembles these fixed boards in tandem?
In other words: fix all boards first, or add a new step in the assembly line?

Alerino said:
craigix said:

i thought all first 700 boards would require modding prior to the assembly. So you've got some 'good to go' boards already.
Well I guess as soon as a board is modded that board can be used to fully assemble a pandora and ship it?

Edit: Heh, ninja'd...

jumpman said:
P.S. Hey Craig, if those 1000 cases are messed up, I suggest you move into the valcano for your health! :p

don't worry, I promise you, if I waited almost 2 years and the one I get is broken when it arrives... I'll 'move' him into the volcano alright

WizardStan said:
In other words: fix all boards first, or add a new step in the assembly line?
Add one step (or into one step) in assembly line seems better for me. Otherwise they must unpack, repair and safely store (pack again?) about 700 boards! If they repair it as assembly goes then it will be piece of cake. I think.

OP would benefit more to get some small number of units out ASAP. On the other hand, the aggregate customer base would benefit more from a higher overall production rate. Still, if forced to choose the first one is probably the wiser push.

Back