Shipping On The 4Th?

I hate asking, but, how many is a few? I'm dying with curiousity here. :p

craigix said:
The 4th is probably when Michael will arrive in the UK. We plan to build a few units on the first day. *a few*.
ED mentioned the 7. May as a possible starting date but as sooner as better. :)
When you build the units, do you ship the finished ones as soon as possible to the customers or do you first build all (available) units and then ship them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
My guess is that they'll build 1 or 2 and then they deserve to celebrate with vodka. And that's the end of that day.

Xenu said:
Prometheus said:
My guess is that they'll build 1 or 2 and then they deserve to celebrate with vodka. And that's the end of that day.
AFAIK, MWeston was able to assemble a entire Pandora in a few minutes. Let's guess it take 5 Minutes so with 5 people it would take 1 minute to assemble a Pandora or better 5 Pandoras within 5 Minutes . A Day has 1440 Minutes so actualy it COULD be ALOT of Pandoras. :D

Hey Craig, so the first 1000 cases are shipping out of China today or tommorow then?

Chris

Has it been decided how the Pandys will be posted?

UPS/Fedex/Royal Mail etc?

Standard post/Standard International/Express International etc?

craigix said:
jumpman said:
Hey Craig, so the first 1000 cases are shipping out of China today or tommorow then?

Chris

Supposed to be picked up today.
That's damn fine news Craig, Damn Fine! :lol:

I was 250-350 back in december, so hopefully I may actually see my order shipped within 2 weeks. You guys would finally ship when I have a boat load of games coming out to play:Mario Galaxy 2, Red Dead Redemption, Sin & Punishment 2, Alan Wake, Super Street Fighter 4(which I just got today), and I just got my ipod touch and DSi XL last week as well, and have been going bonkers with them as well.

Oh well, I guess they will all take a back seat to my Pandora though, as it is looking way cool. Here's to no more hiccups! :p

Chris

For people not in the UK, the few days it takes to ramp up will probably be soaked up by customs delays. I have a package from Hong Kong sitting in Vancouver that is currently starting its second week of imprisonment.

craigix said:
jumpman said:

Chris

Supposed to be picked up today.

That's if the chinese have actually made any, lol. Or we'll get an email from them in a week saying "We could do with getting a new machine to spray the cases so they have a better finish and coverage", or "The paint factory had a fire and the whole batch of cases have been destroyed" or "I'm sorry to inform you that the factory has gone into administration and all stock has been sold to recoup the money the factory owes to creditors"

I'll just be glad to find out that the cases have actually arrived at craigs and they do actually exist :)

Thanks for the info. I cant wait to see a photo of Craig and Mweston holding a finshed MP Pandora, I'm assumming Mweston will be holding it and you Craig holding a bottle of Vodka haha :p

Anyways good times ahead for all :)

^ I see way too many variables to even guess what the rate might be. Personally I'm itching to see them just produce the first one.

The big question for me right now is whether the case factory finally came through on shipping some cases. I hope, but I doubt...

meandu229: IIRC Pandora can be assembled in 7 - 10 minutes. After they get assembly line at work they make assembling operation parallel. So after 10 minutes they can have 5 - 8 Pandoras. After getting into process it can be speed-up even more. It is my speculation, but I guess that I'm not too far from reality. Take it as Pandora per one or two minutes.

Back