Shipping On The 4Th?

I have an unconfirmed rumour that the team will be assembling these units fully nude

aliking said:
^ I see way too many variables to even guess what the rate might be. Personally I'm itching to see them just produce the first one.

The big question for me right now is whether the case factory finally came through on shipping some cases. I hope, but I doubt...
Yeah, I agree.

One step at a time. The cases need to arrive, and be approved for assembly. Until that happens, they could make 1 an hout or 1000 an hour, but it wont matter without the cases.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
meandu229 said:
anyone have any idea how long it will take to make once they get used to it, are we talking 1 per hour 4 per hour I would guess about 12 per hour ( completely un educated guess)

We think it will be one per 4 minutes. That's a guess based on messing about with prototypes.

That would be 100 a day (that would mean mine would be ready the 3rd of 4th day)

static.gif

Attachments

• static.gif
    static.gif
    10.1 KB · Views: 100
craigix said:
meandu229 said:
anyone have any idea how long it will take to make once they get used to it, are we talking 1 per hour 4 per hour I would guess about 12 per hour ( completely un educated guess)

We think it will be one per 4 minutes. That's a guess based on messing about with prototypes.
so my guess wasnt far off so last pre-orderers look like they will get it end of month.
How i wish i could have kept my 1st pre-order number,, ahh well im back on the band wagon at least

I honestly can't believe that after all that has gone wrong so far, Craig is still predicting dates, and people are still getting excited over them.

craigix said:
jumpman said:
Hey Craig, so the first 1000 cases are shipping out of China today or tommorow then?

Chris

Supposed to be picked up today.
i hear there were sightings of a freight container being dropped with a 'chute from an unidentified cargo plane somewhere over the island. i hope Craig warned the chinese to put a beacon in the shipment.

Will the Pandoras for gp2x.de orders immediately be shipped from those too? If I got mine before the 20th of May it would be super duper incredibly great.

Sugar_Kane said:
I have an unconfirmed rumour that the team will be assembling these units fully nude

Alerino said:
What about those webcams?
when they will start streaming to the world?

:lol:

The perils of skiming thru threads. ;)

Any word on whether UPS picked up the cases from those dudes in China yet?

I have a question: How many boards are made. I heard that 700 had been shipped to the UK and that 500 would be made a week. I have not heard any news about the 500 a week. Is the factory in Texas still making 500 a week or did they stop for some reason.

aaronson911 said:
I have a question: How many boards are made. I heard that 700 had been shipped to the UK and that 500 would be made a week. I have not heard any news about the 500 a week. Is the factory in Texas still making 500 a week or did they stop for some reason.
They should be making the 500 a week number, as they got the green light. It may be less, or it may be more depending on how well they get there system optimized?

Maybe a team member can confirm the board count, as well as if the cases have indeed been picked up, and what the ETA to UK is?

GO TEAM PANDORA! :lol:

Chris

More important that we know how often the factory is going to ship as craigx will need to pop down the Garden Centre to pick them up.

It's a very real concern that my pandora will arrive clad in a ceramic pot with high quality compost in it

Pleng said:
I honestly can't believe that after all that has gone wrong so far, Craig is still predicting dates, and people are still getting excited over them.

It's the forum effect. He only mentioned once in passing that he'd like to test the store because he expects to start shipping by the 4th. After a few dozen people pick up on that an repeat it the firmness of this dat is multiplied to the point where it's suddenly an absolute certainty. It's qiuet possible that even if things do go well they may not ship on the 4th (it might be the 7th for all we know, in which case there'll be another shitstorm as usual about delays) but more people would rather ignore that for the best case scenario just because they just really want their pandoras as fast as possible.

Prometheus said:
But then you can grow new Pandoras, and sell the cuttings as well.
Pandaros reproduce asexually? Hell that's not going to please Alerino.

Back