Duke Nukem Forever or my Pandora

Which is more likely to happen first?

• Total voters

drenyx

I haven't seen any numbers for a month and a half, so I figure its time for more speculation. I belive DNF has been being worked on since 1997. 14 years is quite a bit longer. I am an original batch 1 preorderer, order date of Oct 5th 2008, queue estimate of 1500-1600 as of December 2010. I think I saw people saying they were getting shipping emails for queue positions 1200-1300 a month ago.

I haven't seen any numbers for a month and a half, so I figure its time for more speculation. I belive DNF has been being worked on since 1997. 14 years is quite a bit longer. I am an original batch 1 preorderer, order date of Oct 5th 2008, queue estimate of 1500-1600 as of December 2010. I think I saw people saying they were getting shipping emails for queue positions 1200-1300 a month ago.

But you know that there's an exact release date for DNF, don't you?

June 10, 2011

It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum...

But you know that there's an exact release date for DNF, don't you?

June 10, 2011

That indeed was my point.

Duke Nukem Forever went Gold yesterday.. So yes I have to say Duke...

Plus what Cameleon said...

Depends on what you mean with Pandora happening.

• shipping of Pandoras: the only valid option is Pandora.
  • finalization of batch 1: the only valid option seems to be Duke Nukem Forever (wow, that's surreal).
  • you receiving your Pandora: this will still favor the Duke.

I'm looking forward to playing DNF, though I expect to have outgrown it a bit. Hopefully it will run decently in wine...

Last edited by a moderator:
Caine said:
I'm looking forward to playing DNF, though I expect to have outgrown it a bit. Hopefully it will run decently in wine...

Same here, it may just be good for a Laugh or two..Although I was out of high school when Duke 3D came out.. Maybe I haven't grown up that much...

Pandora has been shipping for a year dipshit.
Why do people compare a product that has already obviously been shipped and seen the light of day to a totally different product that has been in development/production forever (no pun intended) and will finally be released?

Unless I'm corrected, I'll assumed this was aimed at me. And as I stated, I was referring to ME getting MY pandora, not shipping unit 1 or finishing a shipment of batch 1 or any other number. I said I felt it was time for some (fun) speculation since I haven't heard any updates on numbers of any sort for approaching 2 months now. I don't count random numbers being thrown around that don't relate to any other base numbers. I especially don't count them when words like "soon" and "often" are used for quantifiers.

But, as I said when I see people on the forums saying queue numbers 1200-1300 are getting shipping emails a month ago, and I see a message from Craig a while back saying "often 150+/week shipping" I would've expected to maybe see something by now, or possibly the near future.

I'm not claiming the pandora is vaporware at this point, happy for all of you that have them. When I have people paying for a premium and queue-jumping me *and* I don't get any numbers updates, don't rain on my sanity parade of a little fun speculation.

Hell, I'm already playing it ON my pandora. Jeez! Don't you people ever check the Beta Testing threads?!

pandoraduke.jpg

I originally read the title as "Duke Nukem Forever ON my Pandora." That got me excited :p

Edit: Ninja'd^, and..... lol?

If it was released as originally planned we would've had a chance to play it on Pandora.

DNF released before Grimoire? Oh-ohh, Cleve would not like that.

Back