Missing Pandora...

Snostrebla said:
jumpman said:
Alright, I contacted Jackie on the 1st(she runs Craig's operation), and she just got back to me today. So 3 1/2 days to get a reply.

I must be doing something wrong, as I've been waiting a month and haven't heard a thing regarding a simple update to my order. I've sent three emails, to the two addresses. One a month ago, and one each to both about a week and a half ago. I don't think it's a filter related issue since I've gotten replies from them back in July when I changed my shipping address and I'm using gmail as well.

I feel bad for bugging them too, so I don't know if I should even bother to sending in another email without fear of being further delayed of a response.
I'm sure they are just prioritizing emails. If your trying to add or update a future shippment, they may just be getting to mails that are more in need of a fast reply. I'm not saying this as fact, but I wouldn't expect them to answer hundreds of emails from people asking there place in line. Sometimes you just need to put something interesting in your email header to grab someones attention.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
Snostrebla said:
jumpman said:
Alright, I contacted Jackie on the 1st(she runs Craig's operation), and she just got back to me today. So 3 1/2 days to get a reply.

I must be doing something wrong, as I've been waiting a month and haven't heard a thing regarding a simple update to my order. I've sent three emails, to the two addresses. One a month ago, and one each to both about a week and a half ago. I don't think it's a filter related issue since I've gotten replies from them back in July when I changed my shipping address and I'm using gmail as well.

I feel bad for bugging them too, so I don't know if I should even bother to sending in another email without fear of being further delayed of a response.
I'm sure they are just prioritizing emails. If your trying to add or update a future shippment, they may just be getting to mails that are more in need of a fast reply. I'm not saying this as fact, but I wouldn't expect them to answer hundreds of emails from people asking there place in line. Sometimes you just need to put something interesting in your email header to grab someones attention.

Chris

I'm sure I had an interesting email header, perhaps I should have changed it too, "Update Shipping; Hyper Nonsense World Tabasco Shower". And by update to my order earlier, I simply meant, I want to add more to it. And I do, as I really feel now is an excellent time to add the video-out cable.

nagy said:
EU warranty can be utilised anywhere in EU - if I buy a Lenovo laptop in Germany, I can repair it under warranty in Slovenia. I didn't question this, so I sent it via insured airmail to UK.
Yes, but I'm not sure that ED and Craig are the same company, or only affiliated. Probably something in between (or both). ED's shop is not technically part of OpenPandora, and neither is Craig's. OpenPandora is one "company", and their shops are separate businesses that just happen to be run by some of the same people that run OpenPandora.

If you buy something from Shop A, you can't send it to Shop B for repairs unless Shop B is part of the same chain as Shop A. At least I think that's how it works; maybe it's different in the EU.

Pleng said:
I had a message from ED confirming my Pandora had arrived with him on 21 December. I sent him a reply on 27th asking what the status was. So far, no reply. He's been active on the forums since then.

Well, a BIT active on the boards (from my bed, as I haven't recovered back then).
I didn't really go to work until two days ago, and the Pandora is lying at work.

I will most probably take a look at your Pandora today :)

About the inspection:
It was a VAT and not a TAX inspection. They just check if VAT has been paid correctly, etc. And that was fine.
Tax inspections are more annoying, you're right about that, but VAT usually is no big deal.

About broken boards: Well, Craig kept some spare boards for replacements as well, but due to the many broken nubs, he ran out of them quickly.
We can't fix the boards ourselves, that has to be done in Texas. That's why it takes some time.

Last edited:
Snostrebla said:
I really feel now is an excellent time to add the video-out cable.

Well it would be, if there were any.

sorry to be slightly off topic, but I can't believe it:

on october 16th I discovered LCD-problems of my pandora. I tested it hard and as soon as I opened the lid, the screen flickered and went black.
so I contacted OP and received the 'go' for my RMA yesterday.
today I wanted to check the staus of the battery - and my pandora worked like new. no flickering,I tested it for hours now - nada.
is there a self-repair-routine in it ???
what should I do now ? wait for the next error to show up ?

greetings

Hi all,

well, I got reply to my email, so I guess OP team is alive and kicking :)

I wish everyone a quick return of Pandora's and as little problems as possible...

Thanks everyone!

PS: I learned that sometimes it helpes if you include order number within the package, as I only wrote it on the package itself...

EvilDragon said:
Pleng said:
I had a message from ED confirming my Pandora had arrived with him on 21 December. I sent him a reply on 27th asking what the status was. So far, no reply. He's been active on the forums since then.

Well, a BIT active on the boards (from my bed, as I haven't recovered back then).
I didn't really go to work until two days ago, and the Pandora is lying at work.

I will most probably take a look at your Pandora today :)

Ok. I'm glad your feeling better now - there's been a lot of sicknesss going around this winter :(. You can understand one's concern I hope when they see activity from you in the forum yet no reply to a PM regarding his Pandora. A simple 'hi sorry Im pig sick at the moment, will get around to looking at your unit asap' would have been appreciated.

Got a reply from another email last night, so all is well on that front. Will still take a while for my Pandora to get back to me, but at least I know the status of it now :)

Writing Gaijin said:
Got a reply from another email last night, so all is well on that front. Will still take a while for my Pandora to get back to me, but at least I know the status of it now :)

exacly, the worst part is not knowing :)

I thought I'd update on my experience as well.

I did manage to hear from them, I'm very grateful that I received a response, and I know what it's like to be in charge of dealing with multiple requests, by multiple people, and all at once, over the internet. And I know how some people can act, so I really appreciate what was done for me. You may or may not see it here, but thank you Jacquelyn.

headcrash said:

on october 16th I discovered LCD-problems of my pandora. I tested it hard and as soon as I opened the lid, the screen flickered and went black.
today I wanted to check the staus of the battery - and my pandora worked like new. no flickering,I tested it for hours now - nada.

greetings

now screen flickers again- that's NOT the screen-cable I suppose ... I will send it back to Craig

greetings

Is your screen brightness set very low? If so, can you turn it up a little and see if this keeps happening? Also, installing HF5 is supposed to fix this I think. If it isn't anything like this you may have an intermittent cable problem.

headcrash said:
headcrash said:

greetings

now screen flickers again- that's NOT the screen-cable I suppose ... I will send it back to Craig

greetings

Unfortunately, some cables are duff - luckily not many, but some :(

Last edited:
Back