Shipping Date For F200

deluded

Anyone got any news on the shipping date of the F200??

I contacted gp2x.co.uk before I pre-ordered and they said it's still expected mid Oct. Just wondered if anyone had been given a more accurate date?

I've kept in touch with GP2X.co.uk and still the date is mid october - as soon as they have a firm date they will mailshot the people who have pre-ordered and ammend their website.

I know its frustrating waiting - I'm positivly chomping at the bit too! - I'm kinda tempted to buy an F100 just so i dont have to wait... lol

Ah cool - didn't want to keep emailing them every other day - I guessed that would be somewhat anoying.

Have to stick with sudoku on my pocketPC for now then... :(

GPH have not given us a real date apart from October, however I've told them not to rush anything this time and make sure that Dpad is as perfect as it can be.

They seemed to agree that they would tweak the dpad.

craigix said:
GPH have not given us a real date apart from October, however I've told them not to rush anything this time and make sure that Dpad is as perfect as it can be.

They seemed to agree that they would tweak the dpad.
Great news! I'm sure a lot of people are waiting for the first user reviews before picking one up. As long it is out before mid november, you should still get the entire christmas sales period.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather them wait a bit and tweak the dpad as its one of the main thing it offers over the old versions. its nice to hear that they are doing that. sometimes the stick is fine sometimes its a real pain. It would be great to have consistently perfect control for the gp2x as well as a touch screen. I have an mk1 so I'm looking forward to this. the price is pretty good too.

It isn't really a D-Pad but rather D-buttons like the PSP?, correct?

I'd love to be an early adopter, but to quote the Rolling Stones, "Paint it Black". ;)

yeah, they have to improve the pad before they manufacture the first batch.

Dave C shall test it before shipping, in terms of a kind of official GP2X community approval, btw: dave c, what do you say to the new psp slim & light d pad?

According to the latest mail I got, GPH will ship them on October 22nd (though it might change, we all know GPH) and it should arrive at your local distributor a few days later.

Paa - it's all right for you lot that already own one..

Of course I'd rather wait for the dpad to be sorted properly.

EvilDragon said:
According to the latest mail I got, GPH will ship them on October 22nd (though it might change, we all know GPH) and it should arrive at your local distributor a few days later.

Did they mention if they have tweeked the D-Pad ?

We don't know yet. I should think so, we have told them how important it is. However even if they have not due to the design of it it will be very easy to DIY tweak.

craigix said:
We don't know yet. I should think so, we have told them how important it is. However even if they have not due to the design of it it will be very easy to DIY tweak.
Thats just what nobody wants to hear...the need to buy anew console and having to mod it just so it works as intended....

Not everyone is proficient with tools, soldering gun or confident about opening a 150 US system full of very small parts...

I hope they DO make a good working console this time or I`ll just not buy it. Im tired from excuses for crappy hardware from GPH....

Nothing personal, im just mad at them! :-||

chaos engineer said:
btw: dave c, what do you say to the new psp slim & light d pad?
I don't know really, I have not seen or tried the new PSP slim yet. I have the old PSP but I never use it, I am not really interested in PSX and I play the 360 when I want the latest 3D games.

suppafly said:
Thats just what nobody wants to hear...the need to buy anew console and having to mod it just so it works as intended....

Not everyone is proficient with tools, soldering gun or confident about opening a 150 US system full of very small parts...

I hope they DO make a good working console this time or I`ll just not buy it. Im tired from excuses for crappy hardware from GPH....

Nothing personal, im just mad at them! :-||
I have not seen it but it could be as easy as gluing a piece over the existing one. Or maybe we may have to open up the unit pull out the old buttons and put in a one-piece plastic pad replacement. ED and Craig could do this before they sell them, or maybe include the piece with them so we can do it if it is easy. Then a year later GPH will come out with the F200 MK2 with the pad fixed ;)

Just been checking out all the gp2x vids on youtube - now I really want the damn thing..

Any chance we'll get them before xmas??

I dunno depends on if they have anything else to fix...

The screen is nice....(adjusted contrast and refresh rate)

then there is tweaking the d-pad...

Well I'm praying for late october release...but it depends...I woner if craig has any ideas?????

cuz last thread I checked was october 22nd but I think thats wrong...

I ordered mine from Gp2xstore.com and it did not say that it was a pre-order nor did it say that it wouldn't be immediately shipped so I'm guessing they are shipping by now?

My E-mail said:
"Your order will be shipped out as soon as possible. If you have any questions please contact us at support@gp2xstore.com"
That is pretty lackluster in the info department...

Andrewr05 said:
I ordered mine from Gp2xstore.com and it did not say that it was a pre-order nor did it say that it wouldn't be immediately shipped so I'm guessing they are shipping by now?
EvilDragon said:
What do you think?

Orkie said:
What do you think?

<_< I have NO idea when I will receive it, I have NO idea when they will ship it...

The website which I bought it from did not state that they didn't have it in their possession at the time of the order.
If indeed it isn't shipping today or tomorrow or the next day for that matter then (for sake of their professionalism) I should receive an E-mail stating so...

Maybe I wont, maybe I will but it would be nice if I did...

Andrewr05 said:
<_< I have NO idea when I will receive it, I have NO idea when they will ship it...

The website which I bought it from did not state that they didn't have it in their possession at the time of the order.
If indeed it isn't shipping today or tomorrow or the next day for that matter then (for sake of their professionalism) I should receive an E-mail stating so...

Maybe I wont, maybe I will but it would be nice if I did...
Well, since GPH doesn't ship them out to anyone before that date, I think it's unlikely they'll ship it before that ;)

Last edited:
Back