SHARK Tank with the Openpandora

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Well I had an idea while fishing the other day and I know this show is in the states. I do not know if it is anywhere else.

So here it goes :

There is a show open to the public called The Shark Tank. It is nationally televised but I do not know if it is internationally.The show consists of 5 very successful business owners that are looking to invest in a patented product no matter what it might be. As long as one of the five investers sees some sort of potential in the product they agree with the owner to make a fiscal deal. Sometimes nobody is interested ,sometimes all five are,,etc.,,etc.

I watched the show a few times in the states and was amazed on some of the products that the 'SHARKS' = five business men/women were interested in. So I thought why not the Pandora??!!. Imagine the exposure and the potential here. The shark or sharks that are interested will help or take over production,marketing and become a vested partner with so much percentage in the company depending on the deal made on the show.

The owner and associates give a demo of the product and then it is voted upon by the 5 sharks wether or not they want to invest. If all five or one is interested you are given an offer that you can counteroffer or refuse the offer.

I have no clue what your financial affairs are but seems to me you could use more money and help here versus asking forum members for donations.. I do not know if this would be worthwhile for you but I thought I would put it out there for discussion if anyone even wants to address this topic.

I think donations here are commendable and I too have donated but perhaps you really need a chance at much more?

I would and could find out more specifics if you are interested. Please let me know your thoughts EvilDragon.

I mean no malice.

Last edited:
I love that show! But I doubt the Sharks would be interested in the Pandora, as it is kind of a hard device to explain to old people. But ya, it's totally worth a shot!

I love that show! But I doubt the Sharks would be interested in the Pandora, as it is kind of a hard device to explain to old people. But ya, it's totally worth a shot!
I think so too. I would say the average age of the sharks are 40-50 yrs. old and I am certain they know how to operate computers.

I just wanted to add that the people that appear on this show to show their item are just plain average people....no gimmicks.

It's a great show and I think the OpenPandora would deserve a good shot at it.

Last edited:
So should he spend some thousand Euro to go to the USA for a chance of winning?

This money would be better spent to give some people their Pandoras imho.

Also I think he doesn't really need more investors. What he needs are sales.

So should he spend some thousand Euro to go to the USA for a chance of winning?

This money would be better spent to give some people their Pandoras imho.

Also I think he doesn't really need more investors. What he needs are sales.
It would help sales too..... and he can go to the UK as he has done times before. You need  active investors who are willing and have agreed contractually to help you with sales.

These people would help him with sales too and he needs plenty of that. They help with the total business. They are proven multimillionaires in promoting small businesses such as this. Their catch is if they see potential and if the owner are in need enough,they invest in the company and want a per cent of the revenue. We are talking huge money here.

Does anyone agree?

Going to the UK would be cheaper yes ??and even if not I would donate for that cause..... Not if he chooses not to respond to this thread  ;)

Maybe there is not a money issue. I do not know and it really is none of my concern. But when I see a company asking for donations from it's consumers it makes me think there might be a monetary problem. If I am wrong I am sorry for that assumption.

The whole idea was with my heart in the right place ...just a thought I had while fishing  B)

Last edited:
Well... ED doesn't have financial problems. If someone has it would be craig as ED fulfilled all his preorders.

But are you sure someone would invest in OpenPandora ltd?

It's not likely, unless pandora is advertised as some kind of umpc for engineers and audiophiles.

Then maybe we can coat pandora with a layer of pure gold and claim it's a nut cracker for royalties.

Realistic or not, this is a good thread, + 1 to op.

Well... ED doesn't have financial problems. If someone has it would be craig as ED fulfilled all his preorders.

But are you sure someone would invest in OpenPandora ltd?
Well all I can say is that I have seen some of the most ridiculous,far out inventions be invested in...and I mean hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Like I said I never saw ED'S check book or financial statement. iT just seems to me between this bloke Craig and the asking forum members for donations,,things cannot be all that great. Not only that but if you have some money but lousy marketing techniques then I would think you are not making much more money yes? These individuals are very successful marketers. But maybe ED [don't know him so sorry for 1st name calling] is happy with his financial status quo?? I have no idea.

Don't worry, "ED" isn't his first name, it's the abbreviation of EvilDragon  ;)

His name is Michael. And as said, he has a pretty healthy company. He is just too nice to let down all the craig preorderers, so he puts every profit from his company towards fulfilling those preorders. He doesn't have to do that. He is just a nice guy.

Those investors would maybe laugh at him if he tells them that every profit he makes is spent to save another company/help the people being let down by it.

Hey Michael,ED,EvilDragon...what do you think? :huh:

The only other thing I could add here is that I believe that if he w/associates were to appear on a show of such popularity it certainly [if anything] would bring exposure to the Pandora.

Isn't that a goal? 

Last edited:
Yeah, I have to agree that there is no way anyone of the sharks would invest in the Pandora, but it's not always about getting funding. For a device like this to just appear on a show like that, would open it up to a HUGE sales spike.  

So I don't really think we could get any backing, it would be killer free advertising on national TV. Several of the products that didn't get funding have gone on to success in spite of being turned down on the show. There are 5 sharks, and sometimes they have no clue in regards to the potential market of certain products. 

Chris

Several of the products that didn't get funding have gone on to success in spite of being turned down on the show.
For example? Can you name some? I really love shows of that kind but I find it really hard to track the success or failure of all the products/ideas I'm even slightly interested in...

The UK version has the 'dragons'bidding tens of thousands for a share in the company. This means they get to say how the company should be run and also take some profits.

Now these are hard business people so ED's policy of fulfilling [not his orders] would be out the window (unless he can convince the dragons it needs doing for the good publicity.

It may be a better idea to appear purely for the publicity without the intention of taking any money (has been done before)

I believe the BBC did a follow up series on successful and failed offers to see how the folks are doing since appearing on the show.

here's a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons%27_Den_%28UK%29

If you say it like that it doesn't sound nice. ED makes so much profit he can give devices away: for FREE :)

Also I think he's super nice, would you do the same if you would be in his position? I would like to, but I'm not sure if I could handle all the stuff that he has to do.

And ED worked with investors, but I'm not sure what the Sharks would demand (do they buy your business?).

Back