Flying/sky Shark For Mame?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Twin Cobra (Taito) is supported by current MAME4ALL builds (I tried it.) Sky Shark (aka Flying Shark) isn't in the supported list, which is very interesting.. AFAIK the two games are identical pcb with just a ROM swap to change the game. (Confidence is pretty high there.. my two pcb's look pretty similar.)

Sadly my time is exausted for a few days.. anyone able to try a ROM swap in MAME?

ie: Assuming its not doing checksum tests at runtime, and assuming you've got a ROM dump with same number of files and file sizes, maybe some file renaming would do it?

(MAME is always a pain in the rear this way due to the split-roms files they use, but heres to hoping twin cobra doesn't use split up zip files..)

I would be so totally over joyed if Sky Shark (my first arcade cabinet acquisition so many years ago) worked :)

jeff

Wow, I remember Sky Shark. My father had the arcade cab when we used to own a laundromat business. I remember playing that game over and over until I was able to beat it with one quarter.

If I can find the rom, I'll try out the swap.

I thought Flying Shark had copy protection issues for the sound back in the old versions of mame?

Back