Pandora Sdl 1.3, Glu And Nehe Opengl Tutorials For The Pandora

I'm looking at SDL 1.3 trying to figure out how to do scaling/rotation of sprites. Is it only available if using the GL interface? I don't see this ability in surface or texture interfaces.

Scaling is available when using the GL interface, but should be available also on the software one. Just use "SDL_RenderCopy( texture->texID, &srcRect, &dstRect );" and set your "dstRect" to your desired scaled size.
Else, there is no rotation function in SDL.

Cpasjuste said:
Scaling is available when using the GL interface, but should be available also on the software one. Just use "SDL_RenderCopy( texture->texID, &srcRect, &dstRect );" and set your "dstRect" to your desired scaled size.
Else, there is no rotation function in SDL.

cpasjuste - what do you think about the 'holy grail' comments? Might there be some benefits to emphasizing common library versions between beagleboard and pandora projects, for e.g.?

Cheers! Also - almost forgot! - How fast can you blit/convert 8-16 bit 320x200, 320x240, 320x400 and other resolutions to gl ES and display on screen? I have read in other forums that sending textures to SGX is very very slow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back