Saturn Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sega Saturn ISO's as a geneal rule are likely to be quite large and therefore as with Playstation ISO's, it would be quite difficult to host such files.
I would suggest you look on some peer to peer networks for any possible Legal Saturn ISOs. :)

bmd3287 posted on Dec 29 2003 at 09:51 AM said:
I think jbcnetwork is a 9 year old asshole with a foul mouth playing on his mommy's computer. :D
I may be 9 years old, but you are the one acting like a child resorting to insults because you have nothing intelligent to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of if or not saturn isos are abandonware, they are still considered roms and thus can't be linked to from here. Abandonware isn't a written area in the law, it's just something that some people made up to justify their actions. Regardless of legality, the reason why they would be banned here is so the site is not targeted by anti-piracy bodies such as the IDSA. Hell, I've seen the IDSA force the closure of C64 game sites for having games like Diablo, Soldier of Fortune...you know...games with generic names that happen to share the name with that of another system. And regardless of if or not they can find links (I doubt they can), that is the rule and it is so.

There are forums elsewhere that you can ask this sort of thing though...look around and you'll find them.

bmd3287 posted on Dec 29 2003 at 09:56 AM said:
"One who knows nothing can understand nothing." - Ansem
Socrates: “all that I know is that I know nothing.”

I figure some left field will do us all some good here. It is often said the Socrates here was telling us that before we can begin the path to wisdom we must realise that we *truely* know nothing. Consider this, tomorrow somebody you trust tells you the world is flat. It defies everything you have been taught, *we all know that the world is round*. Socrates is saying that before you can expand on a new ideal, you must consider your existing (and perhaps conflicting) ideals to be false, or better still unlearn them -they did not ever exist-.

Take a less extreme example. I am a litttle older than you guys ( I would say ). When i was at school typing was a subject they made us take. I had at that time been a very fast typer perhaps faster than my teacher, but because I had just learnt to type at home without any direction I did not know the 'proper' way to type. Before I could learn to type properly I needed to unlearn the years of very bad typing habits I had, which i never managed, so I guess i never quite made it to 'typing wisdom'. (or spelling wisdom before you'll correct me)

To say that One who knows nothing can understand nothing is a bit, dare i say it, fucking stupid. For a start we are all born 'knowing nothing' yet to some degree or another we all learn to survive. Another facet of this the simple fact that in order to understand something you must learn, which implies at somepoint you did not know about it.

Perhaps I am taking your quote out of context, or given I am not familiar with the source's works I do not understand the tone of the quote. Perhaps this serves to show us the line makes a poor quote. (I assume Ansem is from the FF series of games, which i was never really into) Perhaps in that regard the quote is quite famous and I, who knows nothing of context can see it in a different light (ie. a pile of horse poo).

Now to lead back to the matter at hand,
- I see your request as one for ROMs beit links to them or them directly.
- Abandonware or not, the legallity is ambigious.
- This board does not have to respect your civil right to free speech, but your lucky because they don't seem to censor people ever here.

I hope i gave your some perspective in there somewhere in that rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
U say Jcb is acting like a child. I don't know what he said in other topics but i can't agree here.

U obviously DON'T act childish by saying things like
I think jbcnetwork is a 9 year old asshole with a foul mouth playing on his mommy's computer

Very clever and such a GREAT argument!

And NO! U didn't say u want to donwload them
Where can I download them?

I too always search for sites were i can dl things from and then just watching the site cause it's so pleasant!

Even if they are abandoned ISOs

Even if i'm not native english speaker i know that the word even in this sentence mean that u would accept abondoned roms TOO! not ONLY!

So all ur arguments are shit and U act like a child arguing with affronts.
And ur excuses are showing that u know that this is illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back