Release Riot Ttcc Pandora Entries

Imerion said:
I tested it onto the Pandora with 4:3 unstretched, I forgot to tell. So this can't be the speed issue. Does Prometheon uses any Hardware Acceleration the Pandora offers?
I noticed the game uses indexed graphics and they are small, so this can't be a Performance bottleneck. Very interesting by the way that you store an entire Level as an complete image (per layer), the levels are not "tiled" with defining the Level layout per level dat file or something like this. I've never seen this technique before but it seems to work great.

It doesn't use hardware acceleration at all. (I don't think Bennu has support for that.) It's probably just a combination of many effects and that I don't always use the most efficient ways to shuffle them around. Combined with the complete image levels you mention. (Fun that you noticed!) The reason for using that method is partially because its practical and partially because Marcus, who draws the levels, finds it much easier to work with than tiles. We can also have much more detail that way, so it works great.

strange, it doesn't work with my Arcade Stick and the Stick works in MAME and other programs without problems. Prometheon only recognizes the buttons but not the 4-Way-Stick.

Weird, but once the final version is done I will create a better way to support joysticks and try more models. That should probably solve it!
I usualy look at the files of a game if possible to satisfy my "how the hell did they do this" urge. :D
You use Bennu, right? I want to tell, that my Arcade Stick works perfectly in another Bennu game: "King Of Fighters: Flames Of Courage", so it can't be an error in bennu at least. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Schnatterplatsch said:
At the end, Piratebaby, I seem to do something wrong here. I feed this something with cheese and after every cheese its hunger sinks by 4 or so. I hope you do not await me to feed him 25 times to make something happen?!? Graphics look good though. Fullscreen maybe?(...or did I miss the possibility to maximise it?)

Well you are just proving why playtesting feedback is so useful. If the hunger is not dropping quickenough I need to raise the nutrition of Cheese. I do not expect anything... only to provide a nice virtual pet game eventually...
if you look in the settings.ini file, you will see resolution and fullscreen settings. There is experimental scaling... which in the build for the compo breaks text display. Ihave since fixed this bug!

Schnatterplatsch said:
Shizophrenia also seems to have the power to get great. Not possible to judge it right now, since the older version seemed to be buggy and hanged for me, the latest one doesn't even start at all, pretending there is no such file "./shizophrenia".

Aaaah FFS -.- forgot to pack the binary as it seems... gah, I could kick my own head right now.

Updated version sent to Uni.

Imerion said:
strange, it doesn't work with my Arcade Stick and the Stick works in MAME and other programs without problems. Prometheon only recognizes the buttons but not the 4-Way-Stick.

Weird, but once the final version is done I will create a better way to support joysticks and try more models. That should probably solve it!

Problem with joysticks might be, that you support only js0. js0 is some device, that isn't a joystick, but still gets mapped. the left nub is js1 and the second is js2. So a Gamepad would get js3 or higher, what the game doesn't seem to pick up anymore :(

Magic Sam said:
Hi everybody :)

@ foxblock: Is there an option in schizophrenia to start the game all over again, and not from the last checkpoint ?

No direct way currently, we ran out of time implementing a menu.
You can however delete the save.dat file from the schizophrenia/appdata folder to start from the very beginning. Collected puzzle pieces are not affected by that.

EDIT: PND updated, should finally work, without hangs.

You use Bennu, right? I want to tell, that my Arcade Stick works perfectly in another Bennu game: "King Of Fighters: Flames Of Courage", so it can't be an error in bennu at least. ^^

Good to know! Then it should be solveable. :)

Problem with joysticks might be, that you support only js0. js0 is some device, that isn't a joystick, but still gets mapped. the left nub is js1 and the second is js2. So a Gamepad would get js3 or higher, what the game doesn't seem to pick up anymore

This could be it. The game is designed to use the first device found. That is, the first device Bennu finds to be a joystick/gamepad, so if many similar deviced are connected only one will be used. But that doesn't explain why some of the buttons work, but not others.
I think the problem is that there are two functions, one called "getaxis" and one called "gethat". I use getaxis, which should be for analog controls. But some joysticks maybe use a normal D-pad which is not analog, and therefore needs the "gethat" function instead. In the final version, I'll add support for both. Might solve the problem.
(Not sure I managed to explain that well enough, if interested read more here : http://wiki.bennugd.org/index.php?title=Joy_gethat) :)

Imerion said:
This could be it. The game is designed to use the first device found. That is, the first device Bennu finds to be a joystick/gamepad, so if many similar deviced are connected only one will be used. But that doesn't explain why some of the buttons work, but not others.
I think the problem is that there are two functions, one called "getaxis" and one called "gethat". I use getaxis, which should be for analog controls. But some joysticks maybe use a normal D-pad which is not analog, and therefore needs the "gethat" function instead. In the final version, I'll add support for both. Might solve the problem.
(Not sure I managed to explain that well enough, if interested read more here : http://wiki.bennugd.org/index.php?title=Joy_gethat) :)
Makes sense. My Arcade Stick is pure Digital (real Arcade Micro Switches ^^ ) so I guess it needs the digital program function instead of the analog function. :) Damn, I wish someone could also fix this in the PC Version of rRootage, the later Levels are unplayable onto the Pandora, sadly.

Hi :)
BlackCurtain said:
Blue Protoman said:
Can somebody PND GigaSunJet and Skylark? Foxblock had a good utility for that.
Sorry about that, I didn't have the time to make a PND nor do I know how to make one.
Please have a look at here.
Bye, Magic Sam

No, this is better. The tedious part is the PXML (the spec sheet of the PND, basically), and even this utility speeds it up.
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/59862-openpandora-pnd-builder-for-windows-linux/

EDIT: Only use that to make the PXML, that renames everything to all caps for some reason. Use this to actually build the PND. http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/3756-pndtools/

Blue Protoman said:
No, this is better. The tedious part is the PXML (the spec sheet of the PND, basically), and even this utility speeds it up.
http://www.gp32x.de...-windows-linux/

EDIT: Only use that to make the PXML, that renames everything to all caps for some reason. Use this to actually build the PND. http://boards.openpa.../3756-pndtools/

I haven't tried the PND builder application yet so I don't know how good the PXML creation is, but you could also use the PNDTools beta version, load an existing PXML file from any other PND (for example the Greyout PXML should have everything in there you need) and use the supplied (beta) editor to edit the necessary fields (i.e. change the author, package name, etc.) - it cannot add or remove elements yet. The PXML Editor in PNDTools comes with a built-in help so you know what exactly to put in those fields. The most important parts are the package-id, application-id, title, author, description and exec elements.

If there are any questions feel free to ask me.
Also feel free to post the PXML here for us to have a look at and spot any errors.

foxblock said:
Schnatterplatsch said:
Shizophrenia also seems to have the power to get great. Not possible to judge it right now, since the older version seemed to be buggy and hanged for me, the latest one doesn't even start at all, pretending there is no such file "./shizophrenia".

Aaaah FFS -.- forgot to pack the binary as it seems... gah, I could kick my own head right now.

Does that include the Wiz/Caanoo versions? I couldn't get either one to start, just exits to the main menu.

Orion4874 said:
foxblock said:
Schnatterplatsch said:

Does that include the Wiz/Caanoo versions? I couldn't get either one to start, just exits to the main menu.

No, those were packed by Ziz, but they were also updated and should work now, please give them another try and tell me how it went :)

i've sent a PaperWars pandora port to uni.

I think he'll add it to the downloads tonite, so you might want to give a try and give us feedback, please.

We know, it lacks of sound, but we just didnt manage it to get that in in time :-(

Crow_Riot:
Yes, cool!
Do you need some voice acting or sound effects in the game? I'd like to recod some lines ;)

Back