Reordering Deadline

My personal cheque has been recieved and my order has been secured B)

it looks like I'm gonna have to pay about 50 dollars for this transfer to happen =`\ paypal and credit card fees don't look so big now
I'm gonna have to go there tomorrow to complete things, I hope everything turns out ok :)

"Just to confirm we have received your Bank Transfer and your order is confirmed." :D

I can't see the fuss people are making about bank transfers.
I could do it online, it was free (as in 0€) and took two days.
(sent 8:02 wednesday, got that answer 10:35 friday (today) (GMT+2))
Maybe it's different for people in the USA, though...

Now just waiting... waiting....

I ordered from ED's shop a few days back, paid by bank transfer and just received the payment confirmation this morning. Now the agonising wait begins :)

urjaman said:
"Just to confirm we have received your Bank Transfer and your order is confirmed." :D

Me neither. It took about 4 hours for mine :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes it more convenient for guys that have to pay $50 in transfer fee's if they send the money to someone they know who lives in the UK or in Europe. Then they pay for it for you, filling it in with your address details and stuff.

Butterman said:
urjaman said:

Me neither. It took about 4 hours for mine :blink:

The fuss is more about having less protection than a sailor on shore leave if the pandora project goes bankrupt.

Still, due to my awesome Britishness, I also got to do it for free. Now lets wait and see how things pan out...

Received confirmation yesterday that my money order arrived.

Got from BFE in the USA to Debs in the UK in 5 days flat with standard USA postal service 1st class mail.

Just sent the money via USPS registered first-class mail. Said five to ten days, but I hope to have the same luck as Zor Prime.

(Tranzfers was having issues receiving my ING ETC (despite their receiving them "all the time"), so I canceled that and moved on.)

didn't want to do it, but I did....

could not resist the allure.....made a transfer today (although my bank was rather confused about how to match up their fields with info provided. They tried their best, hopefully it gets through)

My 2 cents:

- Went to the bank tuesday Feb 3rd. Got a money order labeled in US dollars.
Cost for the money order : 0$ because I have a saving account with them.

- Posted the money order in a regular envelope, with a 0.94$ stamp for international mail.

- Got an email today (Feb 6th) saying they've received it !
Pretty fast for a regular mail !

Location - US, Ohio

Wired the money on Tuesday Feb. 3rd. And now it's Friday Feb. 6th and still no confirmation that they got the money. I'm starting to get a little nervous. :unsure:

Pushwall said:
Location - US, Ohio

Wired the money on Tuesday Feb. 3rd. And now it's Friday Feb. 6th and still no confirmation that they got the money. I'm starting to get a little nervous. :unsure:
Did you get a confirmation from your bank that the wire was done ? Depending on when you did it, it may have been processed Feb 4rth, then there might be some other delays on your bank side or the other side...
Then there is the week end...
So you probably should start to think about it only next tuesday... then worry on thursday if still nothing...

Pushwall said:
Wired the money on Tuesday Feb. 3rd. And now it's Friday Feb. 6th and still no confirmation that they got the money.
There are a few transfers that haven't been matched up yet. When your bank processes the transfer, we first get notified electronically, then a few days later we get physical paper confirmation in the mail. Some banks electronic forms don't have the proper fields or too few characters in a field so there is not enough identifiable information in the electronic version to match the payment to an original order. We have to wait for the full paper version to show up which should have things like the order number on it.

Chip said:
Pushwall said:
Wired the money on Tuesday Feb. 3rd. And now it's Friday Feb. 6th and still no confirmation that they got the money.
There are a few transfers that haven't been matched up yet. When your bank processes the transfer, we first get notified electronically, then a few days later we get physical paper confirmation in the mail. Some banks electronic forms don't have the proper fields or too few characters in a field so there is not enough identifiable information in the electronic version to match the payment to an original order. We have to wait for the full paper version to show up which should have things like the order number on it.
They're probably getting infrequent mail due to the weather too.

Butterman said:
Chip said:
Pushwall said:
They're probably getting infrequent mail due to the weather too.

Probably. I'm in SE England and we've had mail exactly once this week.

Back