Reordering Deadline

Downsider002 said:
Somebody please explain this to me. I REALLY do not understand why it has become so difficult.

I pre-ordered in the first pre-order period, sent money through credit card.

Now what the Hell do I do? This is stupidly hard to track, I haven't been looking at this for a while and apparently I've missed out on my pre-order now?
No, you can still re-order. Due to some pretty insane decisions by our old bank, most CC orders had to be refunded. Those that were refunded can re-pay with a bank transfer, check or money order. If you would like to find out the status of your order, send an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com and we'll get you sorted out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think my order is up for grabs now.

Seriously, what is this crap? Bank transfer, check or money order? How about the riskiest and in some cases, most expensive ways to do it?

Trusting a $400 check to safely make it overseas? HA! Or a transfer with a large international fee?

Pandora team...you messed up, and now I'm disappointed. I really wanted a Pandora.

Fine. Get one in 6 months if the bank(s) review the situation and decide they'll accept credit card payments for OP. How do you suggest they take payments? These are the best possible methods for now, and maybe until CC processors/banks decide OP's a small enough risk to take on. Whenever that'll be; damn financial crisis and so forth.

typs lik dis said:
Fine. Get one in 6 months if the bank(s) review the situation and decide they'll accept credit card payments for OP. How do you suggest they take payments? These are the best possible methods for now, and maybe until CC processors/banks decide OP's a small enough risk to take on. Whenever that'll be; damn financial crisis and so forth.
Good shout "typs lik dis".
How many times have we been through this for fuck sake?! Credit card is not an option at the moment. To be reviewed in roughly six months.
So if you want a Pandora NOW then you pay by money order, cheque or bank transfer.

Whine, winge, bitch, whatever...........it's not going to change a single thing.
Get over it and move on or wait for six months.

TweeterMan said:
Yeah, I think my order is up for grabs now.

Seriously, what is this crap? Bank transfer, check or money order? How about the riskiest and in some cases, most expensive ways to do it?

Trusting a $400 check to safely make it overseas? HA! Or a transfer with a large international fee?

Pandora team...you messed up, and now I'm disappointed. I really wanted a Pandora.
Insane transfer fee? :blink: Have you not been reading the boards? I would hardly qualify $5 through Tranzfers as an insane amount but then I am not everybody. And OpenPandora already stated they would be more than willing to cover the fee. I didn't think it was necessary so I didn't worry about the fee. Small price to pay for a piece of bleeding edge technology. Good luck to ya.

OldGamer said:
The following information (copied from an email from the sales team, who responded very quickly to my query) may be of use to those in the UK:

1x Pandora £207.20 (including shipping)
1x Carry Case £9.99
1x £10 Dev fund £10.00

Yes you can make the payment via online banking.
I used the Lloyds TSB website to make the payment, in GBP.

Edit: And was today notified that the payment went through. Woo!

Just paid via Lloyds TSB

Waiting for confirmation.

Samedi said:
OldGamer said:
The following information (copied from an email from the sales team, who responded very quickly to my query) may be of use to those in the UK:

1x Pandora £207.20 (including shipping)
1x Carry Case £9.99
1x £10 Dev fund £10.00

Yes you can make the payment via online banking.
I used the Lloyds TSB website to make the payment, in GBP.

Edit: And was today notified that the payment went through. Woo!

Lloyds TSB account too.

Just waiting for confirmation.

Another Lloyds TSB customer here, and my confirmation came through last night. Easy Peasy.

Hello, :)
I sent an email yesterday (23:39 Colombian time) for ordering a new OpenPandora, I'm waiting for reply.

I read in the post some kind of distrust in the payment methods, who can explain me the different ways of payment? or in the reply e-mail says that?

I'm not suspicious about it, I want to be sure in my buying.

I really really want an OpenPandora :D :pandora1: , but I don't want to loose my money too.

Thanks.

someboddy said:
I'm canceling my preorder. Credit card was the only reasonable payment method for me, since Xoom doesn't work and bank transfers at Israel cost too much.
Why don't you just make out a personal check, or get a money order, cashiers check, or probably even american express travelers checks would work, and drop then in the mail. There would be little or no extra fees that way. And it's easy. That's what I did.

No reply for me, but then it is the weekend. Based on the prices posted here I've sent a followup confirming I want to go ahead and buy the console, case and contribute to the dev fund to speed things up.

If the Pandora cash sits in my bank any longer it's going to get spent on a netbook, arg!

Blam! International Moneyorder / Moneygram sent for re-pre-order!

Could take 10 damn days to arrive tho. Or longer? =\ I'm being hopeful that Englands postal service is at least as good as what France has. If it does, it should arrive in 4 or 5 days!

Sorry, not spending $15+ for beefed up shipping of a single envelope. I chose the 94 cents.

Seriously though, if I did go through all this trouble, I'd expect this thing to make me breakfast.

No thanks.

Argh, still no email! But if you've just got a response then I guess they're slogging through, even during the weekend! Can't help but feel for 'em!

WoD said:
Argh, still no email! But if you've just got a response then I guess they're slogging through, even during the weekend! Can't help but feel for 'em!
Yeah, I think I sent my email on Thursday evening, so I'm sure you'll get yours through soon.

h3bm said:
Hello, :)
I sent an email yesterday (23:39 Colombian time) for ordering a new OpenPandora, I'm waiting for reply.

I read in the post some kind of distrust in the payment methods, who can explain me the different ways of payment? or in the reply e-mail says that?

I'm not suspicious about it, I want to be sure in my buying.

I really really want an OpenPandora :D :pandora1: , but I don't want to loose my money too.

Thanks.
Currently the only way of buying a :pandora1: currently are various forms of "cash" I.E. once the money is gone, it's GONE. Security-wise, if OpenPandora take the cash and run, you are missing the cash. There is no comeback. If the company folds for any reason, we have no legal recourse.

Some forms of payment are even less secure in as much as a cheque in the post could go astray - it might never reach OP, it might be opened by someone with no scruples who then has opportunity to copy your bank details and your signature. This is rare.

If you don't want to risk your money with OP (I didn't, but I want a :pandora1: by more than I want to have £250 in my bank account) then the only way is to wait until the banks let them accept more cc orders. Assuming that happens.

Monk said:
Currently the only way of buying a :pandora1: currently are various forms of "cash" I.E. once the money is gone, it's GONE. Security-wise, if OpenPandora take the cash and run, you are missing the cash. There is no comeback. If the company folds for any reason, we have no legal recourse.

Some forms of payment are even less secure in as much as a cheque in the post could go astray - it might never reach OP, it might be opened by someone with no scruples who then has opportunity to copy your bank details and your signature. This is rare.

If you don't want to risk your money with OP (I didn't, but I want a :pandora1: by more than I want to have £250 in my bank account) then the only way is to wait until the banks let them accept more cc orders. Assuming that happens.
There is very little reason for them to scam this. Even if they did, they wouldn't get anywhere near the amount of money they would get if this thing was released, selling and selling and selling. Common sense! The potential is far too great to ignore.

You would have to be very paranoid to think this is a scam.
And it's come too far for the company to fold. They are getting the money from pre-orders to fund its manufacturing. Can't be safer then that.

Back