Reordering Deadline

Chip said:
We've had enough cancellations to at least start taking new orders.
Could you tell us roughly how many have canceled so us who want to get in on one know our chances? Although I can see why that could be information you'd rather not disclose.

Last edited by a moderator:
The re-order email was received direct, no earmarks of spam, my overly anal bayesian spam filtering server had no cause to flag it. Ordering cash while annoying was relatively painless;
1) Print previous email with subject of, "*Action required* OpenPandora Order GXX##########"
2) Walk into bank.
3). Queue.
4) Hand teller email.
5) Explain want to wire $XXX USD to bank in email. Don't confuse them with details., this is for business purposes. Ask to put order number from subject line in receiving bank information
6) Wait 20 minutes while teller fills out form with a pen.
7) Initial everything they filled out.
8) Pay additional $30 fee.
9) Reply to original pandora team email with estimated time of arrival.

Just an update about my (pre)order experience. (A US customer.)

I made my original pre-order back in October from gbax which came to £197.77 or $353.85(including the rate conversion fee).
I received my refund in December for $300.84(including the rate conversion fee).

When the credit card re-order was nixxed I decided to try Transferz.com with their attractive $5 transfer fee. I set up my online account and they contacted me right away to walk me through the process of id's and the verification mail. They seem to be helpful and so far on the up and up. They were also familiar with the Pandora project (obviously from the multiple calls from other people) and understanding about what was happening with those trying to do bank transfers. Also I think they see it as a good business opportunity for their company and are wanting to do a professional job. All of that is just my opinion based on my experience so far.

I went into my bank last friday to set up a bank transfer to their account and found out that it would be $20 for an in country transfer. After explaining to my bank what I was trying to do they told me they could do the international transfer for $30 (which included the rate conversion fees). Well the $5 difference was too insignificant to care about so I had by bank set up the transfer to gbax.

I set up the transfer to gbax for the full £199.00 which when they locked in the rate for me was $287.54 + $30.00 for a total of $317.54. Ultimately a minimal added difference of ~$17. I received my email from gbax the other day indicating that they received my transfer for the full amount without any problems.

Overall the process was quite easy and I had no issues. For the most part I just sat back and waited for the emails from gbax and responded when I needed to. The only real unsatisfactory experiences I have had were when I would decide to torture myself by sifting through all of the negative forum posts to find the tidbits of positive notes people were posting. :p

I would also like to say that the ladies at gbax have been doing a fine job. All of my email inquiries were answered promptly and fully. I hope when this is over that Craig makes enough money to give them a raise because I think they deserve it! At minimum he needs to take them out for a few pints. :)

Keep up the good work! The new blog posts are looking great!

Yamara said:
The snail mail from Tranzfers for me came within 3 mailing days from CanadianForEx (I'm in California). I got the impression that I would then transfer money to one of their local banks, which would make the money available to them. Then you can transfer to wherever you want through them.

Unfortunately, it looked like Bank of America was going to charge me $30 for a local wire transfer anyway, so I just ended up going through BofA for the international transfer. It turns out they *say* it's $45 to transfer on their website, but if you transfer to the international bank in the currency they take (in this case, GBP), it's only $35.

Banks are confuzzling.

Yeah, I had a similar issue.

A wire transfer is NOT what you want for sending money to Tranzfer.

You want an EFT/Electronic Check, which should be free. (I used INGDirect, and did an EFT to Tranzfer, and they are still waiting, but that is going to be $5 for the deposit to the Pandora bank in England)

It was pretty crazy, walking into my bank and asking to do an "EFT", and even the banker on staff had no idea what I was talking about (USBank).

Chip said:
Reorder emails are still being sent out. If you didn't get one yet, you will soon. A check sent via airmail only takes a couple days to get to the UK.
Perhaps from the US, however from Australia it takes 1-2 weeks, so antipodeans beware.

Hello,

I just want to ask, in case someone has already been where I am going. I did pre-order at the end of October, and was refunded $292 or something similar. My wife spent all of the money that I was refunded :rolleyes: but I got some money in Visa Gift Cards from Christmas that I want to pay with now. Looking for options, I did a quick Google search and come up with this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4667909_bank-accou...-gift-card.html

Has anyone had any experience with something like this? It basically describes transferring money from my Visa Gift Card to my bank accound using PayPal to do the transfer. Now, I have a PayPal account with my bank info already entered. The idea being I transfer the money from my Visa Gift Card to my bank account, have my bank do a bank transfer to OP and call it a day... Any input? Btw, I am located in the USA and am using a local credit union...

shadow.8 said:
The idea being I transfer the money from my Visa Gift Card to my bank account, have my bank do a bank transfer to OP and call it a day...
That should be fine, assuming Paypal allows you to pay yourself with gift cards.

I got an answer, I'm in! Doing the bank transfer today, what's the usual fine banks take fo this kind of international transfer?

Chip said:
We've had enough cancellations to at least start taking new orders. Once those have all sold we'll wait a week and see how many defaulted reorders there are and sell those too.
Understandable, but dissapointing. I hope that the Pandora actually makes it out the gate this time and they can order second batch units :)

I sent am my email off last night around 11pm UK time. I hope I can get in as I missed the original preorders.

I'm canceling my preorder. Credit card was the only reasonable payment method for me, since Xoom doesn't work and bank transfers at Israel cost too much.

Chip said:
Reorder emails are still being sent out. If you didn't get one yet, you will soon. A check sent via airmail only takes a couple days to get to the UK.
I have yet to receive my reorder email. Should I continue to wait until I get one to reorder so we don't overwhelm the ordering staff? If not, am I supposed to email them first, or just send send the money and hope everything works?

This whole thing is kind of annoying, since we were promised we would all get a reorder email and you would let us know when they have all been sent out. I agree that this could still come true as promised, but suddenly hearing about a 7-day cutoff for reordering when you have yet to get your promised email is stressful.

I've yet to get an email too.... although I think theres quite alot of us who fall through the cracks somehow :S
I'm going to hold off a little bit longer, hopefully I'll see something in the next three days to make my mind up one way or the other... still not comfortable with a bank transfer, but I'm guessing a cheque can make its way to the team in about 2 days.
Nice to finally see a final prototype Pandora though!

How long was the preordering open for originally? Wasn't it, like, just a few days?

There's more than enough time to send in your order, email them to let them know, and watch and wait while the payments flow across the globe to OpenPandora. If new orders are going to be accepted for a couple of weeks after re-pre-orders then that is a LOT of spare time for the actual cash to arrive at OP from re-pre-orders that they have been told to expect cash for. IMHO.

YAY at last. I was just toying with getting a used PSP to hack. email on its way.
i am strangely aroused

I ordered from ED's shop today: 251.26 EUR for the Pandora plus 35 EUR to send it to my place in Japan - not shabby at all :D It'll be in good company as I have also already ordered a HSPA USB modem. Pandora + 3.5G = The Dream Team!

Hey.

I sent an email for a new pandora order yesterday, received a reply, however the reply states

"The total price is £207.20 including Special Delivery shipping - payment is required within 7 days. Bank details are below ."

I'm pretty sure that's cheaper than was said over the phone?

When i make my bank transfer exactly how much should i be sending?

Thanks.

Back