Reordering Deadline

330$ or 299€, units left or all sold out? Email-orders possible or not? This is all very confusing!
Still waiting eagerly for an email, will report if and when I get one! ;)

tzn said:
I don't really get it with all the confusion going on. When preorders started on sep 30 I ordered a pandora on gp2x.de/shop (I'm from germany) and chose "cash on delivery". All I got since then is an order confirmation email, nothing more. I just checked the order information page, it's still on. Then on casual forum visits, I recognized all the reorder things going on, due to bank problems.
Well, are now all preorders invalid and do I have to reorder over the shop, or just send an email to ED? What happens to the old order? And what's with the price increase? Does it apply to all orders, including old ones or only new orders? I would pay via bank transfer to EDs shop account, which was mentioned in the order confirmation mail, or do I have to transfer somewhere else? But what should I put as reason for payment? The old order number, or a new one? How do they match incomings to orders? My mind is totally blown!

If anybody could explain in a bit more detail I'd be very happy ;) I don't want to miss the first batch :)
thx
Better ignore this thread, ED's customers aren't affected by the re-re-pre-whatever-ordering ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got off the phone with my local credit union here in Vancouver, Canada: Vancity. International wire transfers are $20CAD.

As one of the very few non-evil banks on the planet, I'll gladly pay an extra $5 for complete piece of mind. I hope Tranzfers doesn't add my phone number to some evil phone list in retribution.

(Vancity isn't just non-evil, they're actually good... they put a portion of all profits back into environmental and community care causes, and they're rated one of the best companies in the country to work for, and they DON'T screw their customers over. I'd actually believe if Craig had been in Canada and used Vancity, we'd not be in this mess today.)

EDIT: I'm still going to wait for my email before taking action though.

mali said:
Important for giovanni and others, who want to order in ED's shop

EvilDragon said:
Nach all den Bankenturbulenzen sind nun einige Pandoras frei!

Diese können nun im Shop bei mir wieder bestellt werden!

Der Preis ist aber leider auf 299 Euro angestiegen. Das ist keine Geldmacherei von uns - sondern der USD-Kurs, der sich so massiv verändert hat.
Zur Zeiten der ersten Vorbestellung war er bei 1,45 - jetzt ist er bei 1,30. Da wir die komplette Produktion in USD bezahlen, ist der Preis dadurch logischerweise um diesen Wert angestiegen...
Andererseits denke ich, dass der Preis noch gerechtfertigt ist - und alle die, die noch 250 EUR bezahlt haben, haben ja auch lange drauf warten müssen!

Aber wer noch keine hat und noch eine will: Zugreifen!

free translaton said:
After the bank problems there are some Pandoras free to purchase, now!
You can order them in my shop! >click here<

Unfortunately, the price is now 299€. [explains currency conversion stuff]
This product will be in stock on Wednesday 01 April, 2009.

:lol:

mali said:
tzn said:
I don't really get it with all the confusion going on. When preorders started on sep 30 I ordered a pandora on gp2x.de/shop (I'm from germany) and chose "cash on delivery". All I got since then is an order confirmation email, nothing more. I just checked the order information page, it's still on. Then on casual forum visits, I recognized all the reorder things going on, due to bank problems.
Well, are now all preorders invalid and do I have to reorder over the shop, or just send an email to ED? What happens to the old order? And what's with the price increase? Does it apply to all orders, including old ones or only new orders? I would pay via bank transfer to EDs shop account, which was mentioned in the order confirmation mail, or do I have to transfer somewhere else? But what should I put as reason for payment? The old order number, or a new one? How do they match incomings to orders? My mind is totally blown!

If anybody could explain in a bit more detail I'd be very happy ;) I don't want to miss the first batch :)
thx
Better ignore this thread, ED's customers aren't affected by the re-re-pre-whatever-ordering ;)

Well, that's good news, at least for me :). Thanks a lot for your reply. So just sit back and wait for delivery ...

Trevor Bradley said:
I just got off the phone with my local credit union here in Vancouver, Canada: Vancity. International wire transfers are $20CAD.

As one of the very few non-evil banks on the planet, I'll gladly pay an extra $5 for complete piece of mind. I hope Tranzfers doesn't add my phone number to some evil phone list in retribution.
I'm mildly confused. What exactly is the reason to use Tranzsfers as opposed to having my bank directly do the wire transfer? I just got off the phone with them and I have to do a wire transfer to _their_ bank anyways. So - my bank charges $20 for a local wire transfer, $35 for international. If I just use my bank - it's only $10 more than sending to transzfers + their $5 fee - plus I don't have to give all my personal information to a 3rd party company.

Am I missing something? Is there any specific reason I should use tranzfers.com?

MDave said:
Oh drats, taking orders for the left over pandora's already? My nephew doesn't have enough to get one yet, and he was reeeeallly hoping to get one from the left overs. :( Any suggestions?
Well he could wait until the orders for the next batch open, Im confident things will run much more smoothly and predictable then!

MooTheKow said:
Am I missing something? Is there any specific reason I should use tranzfers.com?
No. It's just for saving the few bucks on the fee. There is no other reason for using Tranzfers.com.

Did anyone manage to get xoom.com to work? It seems the most promising, but just mysteriously cancels my transaction for no reason 10 minutes after ordering it.

Is it still possible to pay by just snail-mailing a check? Somehow I think that'd be better than the 35 dollar transfer overhead.

edit:
Xoom will not work -- your transaction will automatically be cancelled. Xoom customer service told me that that company (OpenPandora ltd) cannot receive funds for some reason - but would not tell me any more than that.

MooTheKow said:
I'm mildly confused. What exactly is the reason to use Tranzsfers as opposed to having my bank directly do the wire transfer? I just got off the phone with them and I have to do a wire transfer to _their_ bank anyways. So - my bank charges $20 for a local wire transfer, $35 for international. If I just use my bank - it's only $10 more than sending to transzfers + their $5 fee - plus I don't have to give all my personal information to a 3rd party company.

Nope. Your bank has the same terms as mine. If I'd realized tranzfers required a wire, I would have skipped the middle-man and all the info they like to collect. As it was, I already had tranzfers set up and just went with it. Not worth the $10 savings, IMO.

However, it sounds like OP is warming up to checks/money orders. Let them know yours is coming and you have a very inexpensive way to pay.

craigix said:
The price of a Pandora is $330, please email us to arrange (we need to calculate your shipping method).
So I guess that whole 'pay what you were refunded' thing that all of the developers, chip, and everyone else has been saying doesn't matter anymore?

PoisonedV said:
craigix said:
The price of a Pandora is $330, please email us to arrange (we need to calculate your shipping method).
So I guess that whole 'pay what you were refunded' thing that all of the developers, chip, and everyone else has been saying doesn't matter anymore?

That only applies to people who want to purchase those spare units others don't re-order. Re-orderers pay what they were re-funded :)

mali said:
PoisonedV said:
craigix said:

That only applies to people who want to purchase those spare units others don't re-order. Re-orderers pay what they were re-funded :)

Yeah, your refunded, lower USD price is good for your original order. If you are paying to re-order, for the next seven days at least, you only pay the refunded amount.

Now, if you want to order additional Pandora(s), you pay the amount Craig posted, $330USD.

Ok perfect timing I just got paid and want to reorder a pandora. I was refunded 293.51 and would like to know if I can pay via Money order or do I have to do a bank transfer? And how would OP know it was from me on the money order? do i have to include a note with the order number in the envelope.

todd said:
Nope. Your bank has the same terms as mine. If I'd realized tranzfers required a wire, I would have skipped the middle-man and all the info they like to collect. As it was, I already had tranzfers set up and just went with it. Not worth the $10 savings, IMO.

However, it sounds like OP is warming up to checks/money orders. Let them know yours is coming and you have a very inexpensive way to pay.
If you do a money order - does it have to be in pounds or can it be in USD?

j.pickens said:
mali said:
PoisonedV said:
craigix said:

Yeah, your refunded, lower USD price is good for your original order. If you are paying to re-order, for the next seven days at least, you only pay the refunded amount.

Now, if you want to order additional Pandora(s), you pay the amount Craig posted, $330USD.

Ok good, that's what I thought at first but then I examined it closer and thought otherwise. I was about to rage hardcore.

Back