Reordering Deadline

No reply here yet (UK) :-( And I sent them an email at 2:15pm UK time

I'm a bit confused why I have to transfer $330 (plus shipping) from one UK bank to another UK bank - why can't I transfer in our own currency - £ :blink:

Xoom does not work. Many people have tried to pay with it, and they say it's a problem on the recieving end. The only way it will work is if somebody from the teams get in contact with them to try to sort it out.

To recap the xoom thread: it was listed as an option and still is here, but it hasn't worked for anybody.

scottm said:
I'm a bit confused why I have to transfer $330 (plus shipping) from one UK bank to another UK bank - why can't I transfer in our own currency - £
I believe that you don't have to send $330USD, you have to send the equivalent of $330USD.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a quick little question.

What if I wanted to wait for the US account to open up, but it takes longer than say 4 days. I want to pay by Money Order so I will have to ship it out to London, but would much rather ship within the US.

So what do I do? Wait for a preferred US account or ship this weekend when I get the time to go to the bank and set everything up?

Chip said:
I believe that you don't have to send $330USD, you have to send the equivalent of $330USD.
Hey Chip, two questions:

1) I was under the understanding we had to send back what we were refunded. That for me is going to be a closer to $292 (depending on the exchange rate of the minute)

2) Have all the reorder emails gone out? It's possible my university's brand new spam filter ate it then.

Thanks!

Also, to others, has there been a consensus as to the best bank transfer option? I've not been following the ebb and flow of the Tranzfers/Xoom debate. (I'm ordering from Canada if it's relevant)

javaJake said:
I'm trying to order with Tranzfers, but they still require me to get the money to their US bank account electronically somehow. I don't think there's any other way to do this other than a bank transfer, with my bank.

You'd think I could've done the bank transfer straight through the bank, but they don't have the capability - they need an intermediary institution to make it happen. (In other words, it sounds like they pretend to be able to do the transfer, but they really call up another bank. <_< )

I think I'm going to barely meet this deadline.
JavaJake and anyone else who is having any issues with Tranzfers. As of today I have successfully used them. From start to finish it was a relatively easy process, the only reason why it took a little longer than it might for others is because I have been studying for my finals/working full time and didn't have time to run to my bank, plus I have a small community bank that took an extra day to ensure the transfer worked correctly. If you have any questions about any of the steps, feel free to PM me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. As far as Xoom, I have spoken to friends that order many things and transfer money overseas frequently (I'm in the US military) and it appears it is NOT easy or reliable as my experience with Tranzfers was. Don't let apprehension about the hassle of transferring money keep you from getting your Pandora! Believe me, I'm absolutely stoked now that I know I'm good to go! :D

Trevor Bradley said:
1) I was under the understanding we had to send back what we were refunded. That for me is going to be a closer to $292 (depending on the exchange rate of the minute)

2) Have all the reorder emails gone out? It's possible my university's brand new spam filter ate it then.
1. Correct. Just pay the amount you were refunded. We are eating the difference caused by currency fluctuations that happened since the original preorders.

2. No. Reorder emails are still being sent, and a newsletter update is also going out now.

craigix said:
As you will have seen in the last couple of days we are nearing the end of the beginning, the videos are out there with more to come.

So in order to get things moving along to mass production we have to put an end date on reorders and also allow people to take up the empty order places.

Please try to get your REorders in within the next 7 days, don't worry if they don't arrive for a little after that - we will be flexible.

New orders, if you want to order a Pandora (or two) from the first batch you can now place a new order via:

Bank Transfer (tranzfers, xoom, via your bank)
Money Order (free from your bank but you will have to post us it)
Cheque/Check

The price of a Pandora is $330, please email us to arrange (we need to calculate your shipping method).

openpandorasales@gmail.com or call +44 191 243 2253

You can also contact Evildragon in Germany if that is more convenient / closer for you, or Fatih in Turkey if you are in the Middle east. (I'll update this part when I confirm the right email addresses).

We are trying very hard to get s US$ account set up - we might have the details this week for this. I hope this will help more people to order. We can talk about this if you email or phone us.

You cannot use a credit card.

New orders will be taken for about another two to three weeks (or of course until we run out of places, whichever happens first). During that time we will be moving forward to production.

I'll update this post with any changes or question answers.

Go on, tell me what I've forgotten to mention.

Sorry about the below message guys...

So, no PayPal option?

_VWV_ said:
sixela said:
Just got a reply, regarding shipping (to Canada).

10 USD airmail
35 USD UPS
When did you send your e-mail?

Hi sent my email about an hour and a half ago.

Just got another email after my post was read.

The above cost does not include £7 shipping cost from my original order.

So it is actually the equivalent of £7 in USD PLUS the above shipping cost, just to clarify.

aug said:
so do I understand this correctly that it will be possible to pay with an inner-German bank transfer (well, inside Euro-Zone is enough for me, but Germany finest)?
That's what he said.
ED's email address is EvilDragon@gp2x.de

TK421 said:

So, no PayPal option?

that would be a huge NO. They tried it before, remember? Got shafted. Not enough has changed to allow them to risk it again, as I understand.
Cash only.

TK421 said:

So, no PayPal option?
I am going to answer for them and say, "No, Sorry"

Paypal sucks for the merchant.

Excuse me... I need help.

I read all the thread but didn't understand very much what I've to do to order a spare unit... Sorry again but I don't want to lose the possibility of getting one now...

Thank you vey much

P.S: About the bank transfer... What are the OP's bank details?

The following information (copied from an email from the sales team, who responded very quickly to my query) may be of use to those in the UK:

1x Pandora £207.20 (including shipping)
1x Carry Case £9.99
1x £10 Dev fund £10.00

Yes you can make the payment via online banking.

I used the Lloyds TSB website to make the payment, in GBP.

Edit: And was today notified that the payment went through. Woo!

giovanni said:
Excuse me... I need help.

I read all the thread but didn't understand very much what I've to do to order a spare unit... Sorry again but I don't want to lose the possibility of getting one now...

Thank you vey much

P.S: About the bank transfer... What are the OP's bank details?
Have you pre-ordered when the original pre-order started, or are you completely without order yet?
You are from Italy, right? If you haven't pre-ordered, you can mail Craig or ED and tell them, that you want to order a Pandora. They will contact you back then.

craigix said:
As you will have seen in the last couple of days we are nearing the end of the beginning, the videos are out there with more to come.

So in order to get things moving along to mass production we have to put an end date on reorders and also allow people to take up the empty order places.
craigix said:
So soon we will have a cut off date and then manufacture the Pandoras paid for to that point. We don't really have a choice in this, it's the only way forward which will work in a safe way.

The final prototype Pandora (ie the last one before mass production) will be shown before the cut off date :)
So does this mean that the FDM case is the last prototype - ie no CNC prototype?

craigix said:
The price of a Pandora is $330, please email us to arrange (we need to calculate your shipping method).
I assume, based on Chip's reply to a pricing question, that this is the price for anyone wanting to order one of the spare units, not changing the price of an original pre-order. If that is correct it might be worth clarifying for people.

GuSec said:
I haven't got an answer yet either. Is there a problem with hotmail?
No answer here either, and I used an ordinary .co.uk domain to send my mail. (at 2:17 gmt)

mali said:
Have you pre-ordered when the original pre-order started, or are you completely without order yet?
You are from Italy, right? If you haven't pre-ordered, you can mail Craig or ED and tell them, that you want to order a Pandora. They will contact you back then.
Perfect! :D

I asked to ED...
I hope he will have the time to answer me.
Thank you :)

P.S: So I can assume to be in the orders' list....

Back