[Release] Compo4all MAME - ladder/scoreboard competition for classic arcade games :)

FWIW, I've been tending to refer to this as ROT or ROT2, but that's mainly because I was involved in ROT1 and want to emphasise the continuity. I guess this is a much bigger thing though (while in some ways being more provincial, as this is the openpandora boards only, while ROT1 was a GP32X boards thing).

So pick a new name and I'll try to stick to it. I personally find Compo4All a bit clunky (and I also have never been a paricular fan of sticking '4All' after the name of things), but I could live with C4A.

Regarding gaming the system, seems to me there's a big difference between hex editing a score file and hitting the continue button occasionally in a fit of pique. If the latter could be at least made less automatic for some of us, that's a worthwhile goal.

Thats what we're asking her.. peoples opinions (if any), so we can pick one.

People hate polls.. but should I make a new thread, for a poll?

jeff

Here's a couple for Street Fighter 2

sf2.jpg

sf2a.jpg

Black Tiger is back in.. someone get a hiscore so we can know for sure its okay, but looks good to me.

Thanks for adding Black Tiger, hiscore recording seems to work just fine :)
The 'local' arcade is looking pretty awesome now. :)

Hmm, I just noticed.. we're upt o 26 titles in the list now, but the c4a graphic site isn't showing them all and looks funny.

I'll bug milkshake :)

But they should all show up appropriately in the frontends and play fine, etc.. its just the graphical website issue.

jeff

Added support for some new indie titles .. TBA :)

For Kumaki--

Frogger is added, not tested much as I'm in a rush and had to do some code changes to handle it.

Please beat up Frogger, and the newer releaserd stuff to make sure it didn't break ;) (Black Dragon, Burger Time, etc)

jeff

did a couple quick tests.. at least frogger is trivial to get onto the high score table -- looks like Frogger is working okay, and I didn't break the existing games like BlkTiger etc :) So good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. You nees to get the roms yourself.
Is it against the rules for you to tell me if ones from certain places online that we will not mention on the boards will work?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back