Let's help Skeezix & b_o_b add games to Compo4all MAME

The ones I've been thinking off (plus adding a couple from requests)..

- Aliens (Konami)

- Galaga

- Sinistar

- Joust

- Elev Action

- Rally X (not sure what New Rally X is?)

- Wonderboy

- Salamander (maybe)

.. Bosconion, could add maybe

.. Crazy Climber .. could check maybe

.. I'd like some newer ones too, maybe a run and gun newer one

.. maybe Quartet 2 (one of my favs, not sure if score continues)

.. and a driver or two.. Super Hang On, and/or Pole Position, if they work

.. maybe Alien Syndrome

.. maybe Arkanoid, even though controls funny

.. maybe tetris, to hurt some minds

.. maybe Qix (just thought of it now :eek: )

But I've not had time to test them out, or worry over if theres enough general coverage here. ie: Maybe need another simple platformer ..

Can folks check all these in PanMame, to ensure high scores save across runs, perform right, control well enough?

jeff

obv, someone needs to make a dark blue but transparent case for Pandora, and figure out a good way to control Tron, and make the case glow.

*dies happy*

jeff

Making the case glow is easy. Making a transparent one is not.

At least not without the CAD files/moulds ;)

For controlling someone would need to hack a spinner to the case...

Good new project :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Elevator Action, Joust, Galaga, Alien Syndrome are some true classics. Your list is good and offers something for everyone really.

Chris

The thing is called C4A for a reason, too. It's not called C4Kumaki. Feel free to make your own C4Kumaki server though, where games you don't like are banned.

I don't mind at all that you don't like my work. You are free to like what you want. But you're crossing the line when you're essentially saying that skeezix should not be allowed to include my games (and other non-MAME games) in his C4A framework, or at least not before he has included the stuff you want.
At WHAT POINT...did I say "Skeezix should not be allowed to include your games...or any other games?"

EXCUSE ME - BUT POINT TO WHERE I SAID THAT!!  Find me the ACTUAL QUOTE where I said anything like "skeezix should or should not be ALLOWED to do X, Y, or Z?"

All I said was that I wanted to see at least SOME MAME in there and not JUST indie stuff getting added.

THAT was what I ACTUALLY SAID.  How you percieved it is your own problem.

I do NOT appreciate words being put in my mouth that I did not say.  I'll thank you to not do so in the future.

Well, here are some quotes. It looks to me that you're saying in the quotes below (actually even in the quote above!) that skeezix has to respect some kind of MAME to non-MAME ratio, which implies that he should not be allowed to add non-MAME games until he has reached some quota of MAME-games.

I merely asked WHY we were adding all this OTHER stuff...INSTEAD OF...more cool retro MAME stuff.

As long as cool MAME stuff is ALSO being added, I don't have any problem with stuff like that...every person just picks and chooses what they want or don't want, no big deal.

[...]

As long as good MAME stuff is being added...anything else that gets added is fine.

Sounds good, skeezix...but...

:( Duke Nuke Em...and not Frogger??

Do we have a cry emote??

You miss my point entirely.

What I saw...and have been seeing is...

EVERYTHING EXCEPT MORE MAME being added to C4A.  I mean, I had to beg like HELL to get Frogger...and that wasn't even my first choice...it was just the one I thought most likely I could get added, since others were also asking for it.

And MAME is what I like.  MAME is what excited me about C4A...and I WAS under the impression that it was SUPPOSED to be about MAME.  I mean, it's even called C4a MAME

So I am a little disappointed, seeing everything ELSE get added in, and not any...or hardly any MAME.

IT seems to me like MAME is being forgotten and passed over...in favor of other things.

Well i was planning to add c4a support to digger which I ported.. but feeling less enthusiastic about it now.
Well, that would entirely be up to you.

The game is good as is...and if you want to add C4A support, great.  If not, I can still play it just fine.

If you're holding back just to hurt me...the news is...you aren't.

Oh...and @ WB...yes, you said it yourself...IMPLIES

Now allow me to translate:  "This was MY PERCEPTION of what you ACTUALLY SAID, Kalisiin...so I'll just shove my perception of what you said into your mouth, and then ascribe it to you." - WB.

Point to me one place where I SPECIFICALLY SAID "skeezix should not be allowed to" and I will apologize.

If you can't point to that, WB, then I'm afraid you owe ME an apology.

Enough Kumaki.  

Stop dragging this Thread Off Topic and stop demanding things. 

Thats the second warning, when will she be banned?

Actually I can't stand this anymore.

Well, the obvious explanation why Kumaki hasn't been banned for things that anybody else would, is that we're all out to get her and are constantly attacking her, I suppose...  :rolleyes:

- Rally X (not sure what New Rally X is?)
New Rally X is basically the same game, some tiny variations in it but fundamentally the same. When I tested 'old' Rally X though, the reason I deferred to New Rally X is that 'old' Rally X had a weird habit of starting with only 1 life enabled (3 is the default) in PanMame, whereas New Rally X behaved correctly.

This may not afflict others, but if you were to add a Rally X game it might as well be the 'new' one to avoid potential weirdness ;)

when you're essentially saying

This was MY PERCEPTION of what you ACTUALLY SAID, Kalisiin

These are the same thing. Stop being silly. 

Interesting that you took up your old forum name in the process.
I thought that was a rather funny mistake also. I googled kalisiin, and found this:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/author.php?author=Kalisiin

Which sounds awfully familiar.... But anyway - I've been reading up on c4a support, and I know I'll get "dogpiled" or whatever for this, but does anyone fancy FMN with c4a support? I've got a window of opportunity, and might be able to have a go at it :)

D.

... but does anyone fancy FMN with c4a support? I've got a window of opportunity, and might be able to have a go at it :)

D.
That would be awesome, FMN is a true arcade classic imho. Just wish I was a bit better player. :)

Time is tight but..

Someone send me the _default_ .hi files for the following, ASAP; ie: fire the game up in PanMAME, then quit it without logging a score, and send me the .hi file for it.

Aliens (Konami)

Joust

Sinistar

Elevator Action

Wonderboy

Salamander

Tetris

Qix

.. I'll see if I can generate a few quick, but tight tight :)

jeff

Damn Jeff, I'm leaving the house right now and won't be back anytime soon.

Hopefully someone else can come to the rescue.

Chris

Can always add them tomorrow; I've got a batch ready to go now, mostly untested .. you guys can beat them up, make sure its all working, figure out which carry score forward etc :)

jeff

Time is tight but..

Someone send me the _default_ .hi files for the following, ASAP; ie: fire the game up in PanMAME, then quit it without logging a score, and send me the .hi file for it.

Aliens (Konami)

Joust

Sinistar

Elevator Action

Wonderboy

Salamander

Tetris

Qix

.. I'll see if I can generate a few quick, but tight tight :)

jeff
Hi Jeff,

I PM'ed you a zip file with the wonderboy .hi a few days ago (unless I messed it up somehow) - If this was ok I'll happily do a few more

CJ

Back