Reicast - Dreamcast emulator for Android (Now Perhaps Pandora - See page 2)

And i say it again,when Dreamcast reaches that Speed,Mupen64 work so good...PPSSPP work.......
...then is Playstation2 in the Future possible whatever you all say ;)

With the Pandora is all possible ;)

Many People thought not that Dreamcast play so fine on the Pandora ;)

Thhhx again for releasing this wonderfull Software for us all.Maybe i will donate a little too soon ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
On the project page on github it says : 

This has been tested/developed on

• Galaxy tab 7.0 Plus
  • P990
  • Archos 10G9
  • Some Chinese tablet
  • OUYA
  • Various development boards
  • gcw zero
Maybe if anyone here wants that team to work on specific Pandora optimizations, it would be good to send them one ? Either we do a donation pot for that, or we find other means to do it - but that would be a good idea if you want more Pandora support.
Actually, I have an open pandora (was one of the first batchers), for for some reason never used it much development ... It did keep the pandora/beagle build active :)

*edit*

Looks like its dead now

I tested it with the Rebirth and 900 MHZ with OPP4.
You can see the Video in the TVOut Broken Link from the German Forum.
The Video is with Sonic Adventure.
Bad Quality because TVOUT work not more proberly.

Or mean you downclocking the GHZ to 800MHZ?

The sound code seems to be here and use already, just the actual output is not don eon the linux port (but it seems there is some code in the android port). So having sound shouldn't change speed of the emu.

About PND, I'll probably make an alpha release PND here, with some crapy zenity dialog to choose the ISO to launch... I still have a few things to check on egl context creation and I want to have a deeper look at the sound code before.
The alsa driver is broken, happened after some rewrites on the sound streaming code. newdc/oslib/alsa_audiostream.cpp & related files are fer ya ...

Ya on freenode? We're on #reicast :)

I tested it with the Rebirth and 900 MHZ with OPP4. You can see the Video in the TVOut Broken Link from the German Forum. The Video is with Sonic Adventure. Bad Quality because TVOUT work not more proberly. Or mean you downclocking the GHZ to 800MHZ?
Yeah. It would be nice to see how dc emu will work for stock 800Mhz [some 1st op batches doesnt overclock too much - including mine ]

With a higher OPP Level can you overclock more.

Example for 900MHZ will you need OPP4

For maximum 1GHZ with Rebirth and Classic Pandora will you need OPP5.

Have you tested it with differrent OPP Levels?

Nope, because it isnt too safe. Damaging my panda = no further dev for OP from my side   :p

btw. as far i remember cpu freezes my panda on default opp and 850-860

^ Someone said it is a myth before

My Rebirth has been overlocked to 1.075 Ghz since I got it.  My Ghz has been running in 1.245GHz since a year ago :)

The sound code seems to be here and use already, just the actual output is not don eon the linux port (but it seems there is some code in the android port). So having sound shouldn't change speed of the emu.

About PND, I'll probably make an alpha release PND here, with some crapy zenity dialog to choose the ISO to launch... I still have a few things to check on egl context creation and I want to have a deeper look at the sound code before.
The alsa driver is broken, happened after some rewrites on the sound streaming code. newdc/oslib/alsa_audiostream.cpp & related files are fer ya ...

Ya on freenode? We're on #reicast :)
So, I have pluged in some very simple/crapy sound code, based on OSS 3.

So, the good news is, I have sound now :)

The bad news is, the sound stuter most of the time (when there is action and the emu is not 100% realtime). I just tried quickly Crazy Taxi (demo screen stuter all the time), and Soul Calibur (sound is fine on most of the demo, but stuter in demo gameplay).

I'll try go on freenode to have a chat...

I would love to see games which are known to run faster then fullspeed and a ghz on a rebirth pandora. Like grandia 2 and co, maybe the are fullspeed on a rebirth pandora with overcloked gpu :) .

I would love to see where i can find info on this..
I can no longer find the original information, but it should all be in TI's spec sheet. They did stress testing and extrapolated. The estimate is 20 years of continuous use at OPP3 levels and 5 years of continuous use at OPP5 levels. Those are the estimates based on 100% continuous CPU usage, so substantially worse than anything we'll ever put to task.OPP5 is a sanctioned voltage level, it wouldn't be suggested by TI if the CPU could just spontaneously explode by using it.

As someone who used to overclock substantially on my original, I can anecdotally verify that typically what happens when you overclock too far is the system becomes unstable, usually freezing. The worst that could happen is you get data corruption because it is in the middle of disk access when it crashes. Recovering from crashes simply requires a reboot. I have never had it fail to recover and have never heard of it from anyone else.

To kill the myth ive had my cc pandora overclocked to 1050mhz on opp5 for the last 2.5 years without a hitch the only reason your pandora freezes commander beef is because you need to up the opp level, opp3 gives 850-877 opp 4 gives 900-949 opp 5 on my device gives 950-1050 ive never had any problems or issues overclocking the pandora, it runs along quite merrily on these settings.

Just to add to the overclocking conversation.. Another misconception is that the OPP level slider will set the OPP level to that level at all times, this isn't the case.. For example when your Max OPP level slider is set to 5 it doesn't mean that it's actually running at that level.. There is some frequency table it goes by.. It knows that at a specific clock speed it needs to up the OPP level to 4 or 5 to work properly. You lower the clock speed back to default it will lower back down to OPP3.

You can test this by setting a your clock frequency and then run dmesg after on the command line to see the message saying it's setting the OPP level to a specific level..

On my First Batch and Rebirth Units I usually keep it at the default 600mhz and overclock up to 1025Mhz when I need it.. I lower when I don't.. I've been doing this for years.

Back