Reicast - Dreamcast emulator for Android (Now Perhaps Pandora - See page 2)

No Videos from my Rebirth Pandora more next Time,it seem that the TV Out Connector is broken.
I hope ED can fix your video connector^^

full speed maybe but far from full fps

:)
Looks to me in that Sonic Adventure video Ingo posted, it's skipping frames and running actually a little too fast. Soul Calibur was a little floaty though and judging by the timer running a fraction below 100%. Still mighty impressive though, and can't wait to try this out myself.
Soul Calibur was clearly rendering each frame as far as I could tell, that's why it was not full speed (probably more around 50% of actual speed as far as I remember SC). For Sonic Adventure it was skipping frames for sure but the timing may be slightly off with the skipping - not sure, because Sonic Adventure was a very fast-paced game.  
About speed inconsistancies, having pluged the Sound code make it much better, and better than VSync that had almost no effect. For example, Intro Animation "the Dreamcast anim in the BIOS is now at correct speed and not 300% too fast :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad news, but my curent implementation of the X11 backend doesn't work once packaged in PND :(

And even when not package, it sometimes fail to connect to the input correctly.

I'll have to redo the backend. I think I'll try to create a SDL one. But that may take some time...

PS: If you want to take a look at latest sources, there are on the official github :)

I'll try to compile a version with current codeblocks for thoses who want to try anyway (my current build is  made with gcc4.9.0, that is not compatible with the codeblocks PND).

So, here is the version.

It's my current dev. version, compiled with current codeblocks.

So to launch it, use the same method explained by mcobit.

What's inside:

* Fullscreen support

* X11 EGL Context creation (not sure it's compatible with newer SGX driver yet)

* Pandora controls (use Pandora button to quit)

* Sounds (using OSS, and stuter sometimes)

What's also inside:

* Sometimes the controls doesn't work. In that case, you have to kill reicast (best way is using ssh, do "killall -9 reicast.elf")

* Sometimes, while playing, the SGX drivers get lost. The emu stills continu (you hear it), but the picture doesn't move. You will have to quit/kill, but the SGX is lost, so a reboot of the pandora is mandatory

I'll work on SDL backend now, it will be easier for me to maintain and much easier to configure controls...

*EDIT* Attachement removed, new build here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15178-reicast-dreamcast-emulator-for-android-now-perhaps-pandora-see-page-2/page-10#entry300182

I cannot Test it today but THX Ptitseb.

Unfortunaly is today the most Horror Work Day in the Year for me.

I will be glad to test it Tommorow on my GHZ.

Thx for your Work ;)

* Sometimes, while playing, the SGX drivers get lost. The emu stills continu (you hear it), but the picture doesn't move. You will have to quit/kill, but the SGX is lost, so a reboot of the pandora is mandatory
Had that Problem too,you dont need to Reboot,just start Notaz Driver installer PND and Reinstall the Driver.

Then is the Driver newly started and you can play without rebooting ;)

The SGX Error is gone for a while ;)

Had that Problem too,you dont need to Reboot,just start Notaz Driver installer PND and Reinstall the Driver.

Then is the Driver newly started and you can play without rebooting ;)

The SGX Error is gone for a while ;)
I have tried, but most of the time the system is too sluggish (so 1~2 seconds freeze every 2~3 seconds) and rebooting is the fastest way.

I cannot Test it today but THX Ptitseb.

Unfortunaly is today the most Horror Work Day in the Year for me.

I will be glad to test it Tommorow on my GHZ.

Thx for your Work ;)
No problem. Good luck at your work.

Maybe tomorrow you will have a PND to test too ;)

Or today

Here is a veeeeery preliminary PND of reicast.

This one use SDL for Screen and Key/Joy Input, and OSS for sound.

The sound in very far from perfect here. There is a delay between picture and sound (sound is very late). I assume my code is not good and will work on re-activate the actual Alsa code of the emu.

During my SDL port, I hit a weird issue; if I SDL_Init, the emu won't start because the mprotect use by the engin will fail with error 12 (ENOMEM or something similar). If I don't SDL_Init, it runs fine (as it is in this PND). Weird. SDL runs wothout SDL_Init, but that's a bad abit, but I'm clueless here.

I will push my SDL code to the github reicast repo...

*EDIT* Attachement removed, new build here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15178-reicast-dreamcast-emulator-for-android-now-perhaps-pandora-see-page-2/page-10#entry300182

Daytona USA : don't crash, but has many graphic glitches

*EDIT* Also, I noticed I have inverted Left and Right trigger :( ... will put an updated PND soon.

Back