Reicast - Dreamcast emulator for Android (Now Perhaps Pandora - See page 2)

Any Rebirth tests?

I can test a bunch of games when i get home as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
too bad not home this weekend to play/test around.  but look like you guys are testing in full speed :)

good job!!!

a year a go no one would dream DS emulation was possible, but there it was.

and who the hell on earth would think Dreamcast Soul Calibur and others would be playable on Pandora, but here it is in the ALPHA version of reicast! 

it will get better i am sure.... and yes, it's a new chapter for openpandora... :)

Hmmn Soul calibur loads but it is not able to render the graphics fast enough under defeat loads but graphics are flashing and its running waaaay to slow zero gunner 2 starts to load then crashes dont know if thats an ip boot issue ikaruga loads but graphics are flashing and is way to slow tried on cc pandora oc to 1 ghz tried using a swap file later that just stopped games loading at all still its  a great stride as far as handheld emulation goes

Sonic Adventures 2 : start but has missing textures

AeroWings 2 ! start. Slow intro. Gameplay a bit slow but not far from ok for the very little I tried

New build.

I reduced the size of sound buffer, so it's much less lagging now.

I fixed the Nub restoration also.

Happy testing :)
I think you can go ahead and put it on the repo, and simply mention it's alpha quality in terms of compatibility and emulation at this stage :)

Just like PPSSPP when it was first released.

Any Rebirth tests?

I can test a bunch of games when i get home as well.
Just tested Soul Calibur on a Rebirth O/C to 1Ghz : Intro is ok, on par with the Gigahertz, with a few more hipcup here and there but it crashed SGX driver before gameplay.

Downclocked to 850 MHz didn't change end result.

I'll will try to change SGX drivers...

Virtual Fighter 3 works, runs slow @1GHZ the head textures are missing some stuff... looks freeky when you can see the eyeballs :)

Tried Bomberman Online but it crashed back to the desktop. I'm guessing it's probably coz is a USA only game? Crazy Taxi runs slow in game, some of the Crazy Box mini games run much faster. ..

Virtual Fighter 3 works, runs slow @1GHZ the head textures are missing some stuff... looks freeky when you can see the eyeballs :)
Mario-glitch.gif

thanks PtitSeb

Zero Gunner 2 : works slow but playable - Pandora GC 1100Mhz with driver 4.00.00.01

half-life crashes at start..
Half-Life was never officially released. There is no way for you to legally own a copy, so of course the non-existent game crashes. ;) That being said, I would suspect that WinCE games will not work, including the bootleg copy of Half-Life.

I tried capcom vs snk 2 and it crashed too...

hmmm

half-life crashes at start..
Half-Life was never officially released. There is no way for you to legally own a copy, so of course the non-existent game crashes. ;)
That being said, I would suspect that WinCE games will not work, including the bootleg copy of Half-Life.
hmm, maybe I tried the wrong game... :)

Ok, I tried again on my Rebirth (Soul Calibur). I updated the video driver to 4.03.002 and it worked a bit better (when O/C at 1Ghz). I will try again with less OC (to 850MHz) and see if it's better,

This keeps getting better. The controls work nice on the Pandora and it simulates the analog stick nicely using the dpad.

Any idea how to enable the VMU so the game save memory can work?
It works in the Android version and I tried setting HAS_VMU=1 in the makefile.

The Android build automatically creates  empty vmu_save_A1.bin and vmu_save_A1.bin files.

I formatted the vmu_save_A1.bin and vmu_save_A1.bin in Android but the Pandora build does not read them.

I like Skies of Arcadia but playing through the [unskippable] intro sequence every time I test a new build is getting a bit monotonous. :)

Back