First version of Reicast on the Pyra devboard

Ikarooooooooga!

Shame I only have the GC version of that game. Still, I have DC Rez, so it'd be good to see that running.

So is that driving a 1080p screen doing that? That's really something for a pocketable device with full gaming controls.

Ikarooooooooga!

Shame I only have the GC version of that game. Still, I have DC Rez, so it'd be good to see that running.

So is that driving a 1080p screen doing that? That's really something for a pocketable device with full gaming controls.
I played Ikaruga onto an Dreamcast and I remember it had slowdowns there sometimes. I wonder if these are gone with an (optimized) emulator. ^^  I also loved all the great beat 'em ups for the Dreamcast, would be great to be able to play all these onto the Pyra. :)

Looks amazing, consider my appetite well & truly whetted :)

This is a Defboard from TI?? No Dragonbox Pyra Defboard, right??

At least, it shouldnd be a diferent as it have the same Hardware, just whit a diverent shaped Board..

To use a Standart Defboard is also a good solution, as i think there much sheaper as a non Mass Produktion Pyra Board

By the way: do the you have testet Games whit the Pyra Mainboard Gamecontrolls allready??

Would this work, or do whe need the Buttons first...

Is this portable code? Can I compile this on x86_64? I can't find a decent one for PC. lxdream is 5 years out of date and won't compile.

This is a Defboard from TI?? No Dragonbox Pyra Defboard, right??

At least, it shouldnd be a diferent as it have the same Hardware, just whit a diverent shaped Board..

To use a Standart Defboard is also a good solution, as i think there much sheaper as a non Mass Produktion Pyra Board

By the way: do the you have testet Games whit the Pyra Mainboard Gamecontrolls allready??

Would this work, or do whe need the Buttons first...
Yes, that's Reicast running on a TI OMAP5 devboard, as stated in the video. No Pyra peripheral board connected as far as I can see, just a USB keyboard. But it's a valid demonstration of what the Pyra will be capable of, and evidence that we'll have a working version of Reicast on the Pyra close to the launch of the device.

We've not seen any pictures of Pyra game controls yet, so I assume they've not been manufactured yet, instead focussing on the shoulder buttons (and getting a keyboard sample too).

That's outstanding. I've never thought pyra can even run dreamcast at such a early stage. It's such a pleasant surprise. Thank you, ED, Notaz and PtitSeb, people like you are making pandora what it is and what pyra would be. 

With this sort of power behind it, I need TB level sd cards for all the games I'm going to stuff in it.  :eek:

On a side note, how's pyra's audio circuit? Pandora's has a large amount of audible background noise; it's really obnoxious and obvious through a pair of good headphones. I have an 1ghz, and a classic, they both have this problem. That hyper performance would be undermined somewhat if I don't want to use my headphones with it. 

I think the game controls aside from the nubs will be the same as the Pandora.

That's outstanding. I've never thought pyra can even run dreamcast at such a early stage. It's such a pleasant surprise. Thank you, ED, Notaz and PtitSeb, people like you are making pandora what it is and what pyra would be. 

With this sort of power behind it, I need TB level sd cards for all the games I'm going to stuff in it.  :eek:

On a side note, how's pyra's audio circuit? Pandora's has a large amount of audible background noise; it's really obnoxious and obvious through a pair of good headphones. I have an 1ghz, and a classic, they both have this problem. That hyper performance would be undermined somewhat if I don't want to use my headphones with it. 
Odd. Mine doesn't have that problem, and I have a nice pair of Pickering studio headphones.

I am impressed! I am ready to buy.

@xiongjoi: Use some good headphones that have a volume knob themselves. You turn the volume a little bit up on the Pandora, and a little bit down on the headphone, because the signal to noise ration on the Pandora is fantastic, all that noise is gone. Flac heaven!

Oh, and close the lid, the video display is one of the biggest sources of additional noise jitter.

Alternatively, you can buy other headphones that use up more amp to produce sound, hence need a higher volume to hear anything... and they also do not produce hiss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm I have real good headphones and don't notice any noise when sound is playing, there is some minor noise when no audio is playing, but that is typical of many amplifiers when inputs are just floating...

Mine presents a fair bit of noise when I listen using my 32 ohm over-ear headphones - nothing distracting, but it's audible when the audio circuitry goes to sleep and the noise stops. I never noticed it living in the city, but now moving to the sticks it sounds like the sort of background noise you get of people moving about outside, distant cars and the likes.

It doesn't stop me using those headphones, as once any music starts it's swamped - the noise is quieter than even the noise you get listening to a clean vinyl record, but I was a little disappointed when I first noticed it, I won't deny. I also notice more on those headphones that the right channel cuts out as I decrease the volume before the left channel, since those headphones use the lower end of the volume wheel to drive them to an acceptable level. I guess that should just teach me to listen to my music louder though ;)

Edit: I got the impedance wrong - it's not as low as I thought, so it's definitely not any low impedance interaction causing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back