Very impressed with the PSP and Dreamcast Emulators!!

Very impressed with the PSP and Dreamcast emulators on the Pandora, both almost full speed!
Certainly not full speed. You just picked up videos with extremely overlocked Pandoras, and heavy frameskip applied. Most games do not run like that.

PPSSPP runs quite well for maybe 30% of the games, and 40% are playable but slow, and the rest is either broken or unplayable.

Most games on Reicast do not run fullspeed, the Pandora is a bit too slow for that, at least in the current state of the emulator.

Don't get me wrong, I still think that what's being accomplished is great, but saying "both almost full speed" is stretching the reality.

The Shield emulates PSP and Dreamcast much better than Pandora does.  Pyra will definitely emulates PSP and Dreamcast 100% full speed for sure.  But yeah, given the specs of the Pandora, it is still very impressive that it can even run PSP and Dreamcast emulators.  Pandora is and will still be the best machine compared to all machines out there with similar specs.  That alone in my book, Pandora will deserve the best spot on my collection shelf :)

The Shield emulates PSP and Dreamcast much better than Pandora does.  Pyra will definitely emulates PSP and Dreamcast 100% full speed for sure.  But yeah, given the specs of the Pandora, it is still very impressive that it can even run PSP and Dreamcast emulators.  Pandora is and will still be the best machine compared to all machines out there with similar specs.  That alone in my book, Pandora will deserve the best spot on my collection shelf :)
Wait some years and Pyra will get a better place ;) .

But you're right.

Pandora is awesome for the "low" specs.

It does the Emulation job a lot better than most Cortex A9 Android Phones.

I actually got a Shield (I was debating along time on either getting the shield or the Pandora, and the price drop of the shield convinced me to get one), however I regret getting it. Its WAYYYY too bulky, and using the touch screen keyboard makes me wish it had a keyboard like the Pandora. Plus I look ridiculous using it in public areas. I plan on selling it, and use the money towards a Pandora (or Pyra if it comes out soon)

The Shield emulates PSP and Dreamcast much better than Pandora does. Pyra will definitely emulates PSP and Dreamcast 100% full speed for sure. But yeah, given the specs of the Pandora, it is still very impressive that it can even run PSP and Dreamcast emulators. Pandora is and will still be the best machine compared to all machines out there with similar specs. That alone in my book, Pandora will deserve the best spot on my collection shelf :)
Wait some years and Pyra will get a better place ;) .

But you're right.

Pandora is awesome for the "low" specs.

It does the Emulation job a lot better than most Cortex A9 Android Phones.
Yepp and we have a much more optimized Linux on it than many other Devices :)
Nice to see when anyone find my Videos on Youtube ;)

Yepp and we have a much more optimized Linux on it than many other Devices :)
Nice to see when anyone find my Videos on Youtube ;)
Whats your opinion on the Dreamcast emulator ingoreis? Since you used it hands on?

Last edited by a moderator:
A true Answer is that i tested the Games not in the deepness but what i tested worked fine as you can see in the Videos.

For my PPSSPP Videos and Dreamcastvideos had i used my overclocked Pandora to 1200MHZ mostly.

The Pandora cannot Damage with overclocking,but when you clock too high can Errors appear...

and they always dissapear with every new start.

I love my 3 Pandoras here and i wish realy i have more Time for the entire Project.

A nice Community is here and for every Problem will you find here help.

Most Games where only short tested for the Youtubevideos. but you can see on the Videos how they can play :)

Every new Member is a nice Member ;)

When you emulate a game, the speed depends on the game. Mana Khemia Student Alliance (PSP) is really playable even my rebirth (which its on its way to ED for a new case). GTA2 on reycast is a slow but playable. I reached the second city. You could disable sound and have a higher frameskip in the last reycast versions, but in the current one you can't. This is a pity since the older one was faster with the disabled stuff (hope I don't mix things up here).

When you emulate a game, the speed depends on the game. Mana Khemia Student Alliance (PSP) is really playable even my rebirth (which its on its way to ED for a new case). GTA2 on reycast is a slow but playable. I reached the second city. You could disable sound and have a higher frameskip in the last reycast versions, but in the current one you can't. This is a pity since the older one was faster with the disabled stuff (hope I don't mix things up here).
Did I forgot something with the latest reicast release? (Please reply in the reicast thread so we don't hijack this one).

Back