Re-order Emails Going Out Now

I think you'd be best off responding to the re-order e-mail with those enquiries. I'm in a similar situation and have done the same - I'm just waiting on receiving a response (I'm guessing that their priority right now is to continue sending out these notifications and the refunds).

Of course, if you've already done that, all there is to do is just wait for a reply. :lol:

Has everybody that has to re-order amended their original order?

Has anyone not changed their order and still got an email?

Interesting. Does the email give a specific "must respond by" date? What's to prevent anyone from holding back their re-order for a month until they are satisfied with Pandora's current state of development or a higher dollar?

Tobriand said:
Pleng said:
OK Slightly OT but why is it reasonable to be worried about the security of internet banking? As long as you're prudent and ensure that firstly you never write down your security number/password and secondly you never respond to emails asking you to 'confirm your security details', online banking is far more secure than standard banking. It's far easier to forge a signature on a cheque than it is to guess somebody's online login details (banks vary rarely check signatures on cheques, and have even been known to pass unsigned cheques!)
Well, as with any online account it doesn't take that much personal information to request a password change, which would done via an email to your registered email account. And iirc email isn't exactly the most secure of methods of communication - either in transit, or in terms of perfect security of accounts.

Yahoo, for instance, basically asks you something along the lines of your monther's maiden name, which I've never thought that secure, and your date of birth, which most people keep in public on facebook.

Admittedly, to get that kind of information, you have to know someone fairly well in the first place, but still. I know I have my reservations (despite continuing to use the system).

To be quite honest, the most secure thing about it isn't actually the password, but the bizarre and convoluted username they give you, which it is usually much harder to recover, and certainly harder to guess.

You mean change email on online banking account? Password recovery? O___O personally I've never seen banks that behave this such! I've got a sort of keyring with a button and a display giving a random number (no-one in the world got though cracking it yet and it's years) when you login you're requested only your bank account number, a password and the current random number appearing on the keyring.
If you forget the password or loose the keyring you're doomed, gotta go to the bank and ask for a reset/new keyring given you provide your personal ID.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
Chip, sorry I'm now confused ... I thought only 600 odd could get made cos of the shortage of lcds. Are you saying the whole batch is now going ahead in December? thanks
Squidge is right, they will start shipping in December. Obviously the Pandoras can only be completed as fast as the LCD displays are delivered.

To be fair, the "600" number that keeps getting thrown out was only accurate when it was first given a couple weeks ago. The manufacturer continues to ship displays as they become available. I do not know the exact number they have now, but it is more than 600. It will be more still by the time Pandoras start shipping. It is possible that 2000-3000 could be ready to ship before the end of the year. It is not impossible that all the displays could show up before the end of the year. We won't know until we know.

Chip said:
TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
Chip, sorry I'm now confused ... I thought only 600 odd could get made cos of the shortage of lcds. Are you saying the whole batch is now going ahead in December? thanks
Squidge is right, they will start shipping in December. Obviously the Pandoras can only be completed as fast as the LCD displays are delivered.

To be fair, the "600" number that keeps getting thrown out was only accurate when it was first given a couple weeks ago. The manufacturer continues to ship displays as they become available. I do not know the exact number they have now, but it is more than 600. It will be more still by the time Pandoras start shipping. It is possible that 2000-3000 could be ready to ship before the end of the year. It is not impossible that all the displays could show up before the end of the year. We won't know until we know.

Thanks Chip ... Given I am probably No 3999, I shall wait patiently :)

TaG said:

Not 100% sure I've read your post correctly, but;

Myself, I never amended my order, and I got an e-mail. What happened with me is that I basically had two separate orders (one for the unit itself, and one for other stuff which was made later - I simply never thought to ask to amend the original one, at the time :lol: ), and am waiting to find out if both need to be re-ordered (and hope to combine them if so).

So yeah, I never changed my order, but still got the e-mail. :p

More information from Chip on the status thread. Thought it worth cross posting on here.

chip said:
Minor status update: There was a bit of a glitch with posting refunds. It has been resolved, and all refunds should be posted by the end of this week (Nov 14). This hold up was, as most have been, beyond the control of Openpandora. I will post a new sticky when all refund emails have been sent. Until then, watch your inbox.
I think it's safe to say that there's been some unexpected consequences of taking such a volume of pre-orders on credit cards!

Prometheus said:
TaG said:

Not 100% sure I've read your post correctly, but;

Myself, I never amended my order, and I got an e-mail. What happened with me is that I basically had two separate orders (one for the unit itself, and one for other stuff which was made later - I simply never thought to ask to amend the original one, at the time :lol: ), and am waiting to find out if both need to be re-ordered (and hope to combine them if so).

So yeah, I never changed my order, but still got the e-mail. :pThat's that theory blown...

Several people who need to re-order had changed their order. I wondered if amending your order meant that it was no longer as authorised and so resulted in needing to re-order.

I was wondering if that was what you were wondering. Sorry to blow the theory away! :lol:

I had added things to my order. I have NOT been given the e-mail saying anything is wrong with my order. To top it off I used a pay pal debit card to order back on opening day. Not only have I had no problems with the paypal issues but I seam to have been ok for this bank change problem too.

Just lucky I guess:)

Got to start coming up with a new game to create for pandora:) Anyone want a new Andyman game???

Hmm...I ordered with Paypal at 5:50 CST the day after pre-orders went live...so about 33 hours into pre-orders. They said we wouldn't lose our place in line. So...I wonder where that puts me. Probably after the first 2000 I think.

WizardStan said:
Some people will not get a refund email. Some people actually have to sit back and do nothing. You could be one of those lucky ones.
Yes, but no-one knows if they are OK or not for sure until they either get an email or the all clear is given, and even then, if I don't get an email I will still keep checking my cc account online for about 1 or 2 weeks after the all clear to make 100% sure (in case I get a refund but the email goes astray). Until then, I've got an understandable right to be nervous, just like most others here who have not seen anything yet, affected or not.

Chip said:
Pandoras were originally supposed to start shiping at the end of November, now (according to the latest info) they will start shiping some time in December. Assuming no further problems, that's not so bad.
Well that's it then. With international shipping times, i can now guarantee that I won't see my Pandora until sometime in January at the absolute earliest.

Has anyone from North America gotten their email yet? I'm in Canada and I haven't gotten an email/refund yet.

Hopefully I'm one of the lucky ones.

lobski, I'm in NA and have not received an email/refund yet. I am, however, keeping an extremely close eye on my inbox/spam folder/bank account :p Not very helpful, I know, but I figure you'd rather hear something than nothing.

I ordered from Switzerland and haven't received any mail yet either.
(just thought, I'd let you know)

why do people think they there is a chance they won't be affected by this?

if you ordered from craig's site and used a credit/debit card then you are affected from what i gather.

its not a matter of if, just a matter of when they get around to refunding you.

or did i miss something?

Back