Re-order Emails Going Out Now

TaG said:
authoreyes said:
naples39 said:
Vorporeal said:
What you guys need to realize is that they're not going to send you the email until the refund is done ON THEIR END. It takes time for it to move through the tubes and go through processing and end up in your account. The fact that you don't have it doesn't mean that they didn't send out your refund. I'm sure that they wouldn't send you an email unless they already set up the refund on their end.
This should be interesting for me, considering the credit card I ordered on has since been canceled because of fraudulent charges. Since I can't simply be refunded on that account, I wonder what will happen instead?Yeah -

I am in the same boat....I had fradulent charges earlier this week and was forced to cancel my card as well....Waiting to see if I get the mail, but keep us informed if you get word first (I will do the same)@ Naples & authoreyes: Would it not be worth contacting your bank and see what would happen if a credit was made? You don't want funds floating in th ether. If they say it is a problem then phone the store you ordered from, if it's not a problem then no worries.
AFAIK, the charges will still be refunded to your account. As someone said earlier, the bank can still refund money through your credit card number, but they can't give out money through it. You should still get the refund. Just pay it the second time using your new card.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vorporeal said:
TaG said:
authoreyes said:
naples39 said:
Vorporeal said:
What you guys need to realize is that they're not going to send you the email until the refund is done ON THEIR END. It takes time for it to move through the tubes and go through processing and end up in your account. The fact that you don't have it doesn't mean that they didn't send out your refund. I'm sure that they wouldn't send you an email unless they already set up the refund on their end.
This should be interesting for me, considering the credit card I ordered on has since been canceled because of fraudulent charges. Since I can't simply be refunded on that account, I wonder what will happen instead?Yeah -

I am in the same boat....I had fradulent charges earlier this week and was forced to cancel my card as well....Waiting to see if I get the mail, but keep us informed if you get word first (I will do the same)@ Naples & authoreyes: Would it not be worth contacting your bank and see what would happen if a credit was made? You don't want funds floating in th ether. If they say it is a problem then phone the store you ordered from, if it's not a problem then no worries.
AFAIK, the charges will still be refunded to your account. As someone said earlier, the bank can still refund money through your credit card number, but they can't give out money through it. You should still get the refund. Just pay it the second time using your new card.
Yes, but I was responding to the part above. It depends what people really mean by 'canceled'. My message to anyone in doubt was contact your bank, make sure you're ok and relax. If you're not ok, contact gbax/openpandora and then relax.

I remember an information pack or something like that my bank gave to me a while back, which said "Cancelled credit cards are still allocated to you, and you are still responsible for transactions that may appear on your card after you have cancelled it as long as those transactions were authorised before it was cancelled. [...] Credits may be applied to your credit card upto 3 months after your cancelled card contains a nil balance, and for the entire duration that the card contains a non-nil balance." or thereabouts (written from memory, not from official bank leaflet)

Forget the Rest said:
The email says you can either pay by bank transfer or by credit/debit card. They provide the details for how to do the bank transfer but not for credit/debit card. Does anyone have these? A bit surprising that they weren't included considering it's an option for re-ordering.
I haven't got the details yet and I replied pretty much straight away asking for them. Credit card refunds usually take 5 or more working days and they originally thought the refunding process would take a week, so maybe their going to put the details up when all the refunds have been made. I suspect they have to do something clever so that you have a unique url or something so that no body can try and sneakily order when they didn't pre-order.

Of course the cynical will also say that they haven't put the links up so people pay by bank transfer...

Prophet said:
No email for me yet... paid via Visa debit card.

I'm in NC, USA. Ordered on day one.

Ditto here in Reno , Nevada ..Ordered Day 1 Myself...Bud

I'm in Ireland and whilst I've not gotten an official email yet with any details, I've been informed from contacting my seller that I will indeed have to reorder. Still waiting for the money to reappear or further emails to be sent, hope the credit card link will be working, that's how I'd certainly prefer to pay for it (again) ;)

As I see a lot of people talking about when they ordered, it makes no difference. I ordered about 15mins after the site went live, and I've gotten an email.

for me this whole order mishap is just sort of a hiccup, but that could be because i, too, have not yet 'gotten the email' that i have to re-order.

but its okay, the economy of scale we are talking about with pandora is well and truly what we are witnessing. i'm not bothered with the delay, because the whole thing is, if you look at it, pretty open. and honest. and hey, we users are a part of a team here.

what i personally would like to see, right now though, is real videos of working models, even if they're rigged in plastic. surely thats do'able. please show us what you guys with the things in your hands are mostly doing with them!

the other thing is, that since i have a beagleboard and so on, and pandora is, for me, a developers wet dream, good things come to those who use their time in the meantime to wait ..

TaG said:
Forget the Rest said:
The email says you can either pay by bank transfer or by credit/debit card. They provide the details for how to do the bank transfer but not for credit/debit card. Does anyone have these? A bit surprising that they weren't included considering it's an option for re-ordering.
I haven't got the details yet and I replied pretty much straight away asking for them. Credit card refunds usually take 5 or more working days and they originally thought the refunding process would take a week, so maybe their going to put the details up when all the refunds have been made. I suspect they have to do something clever so that you have a unique url or something so that no body can try and sneakily order when they didn't pre-order.

Of course the cynical will also say that they haven't put the links up so people pay by bank transfer...

Thanks for that. I'll try emailing them as well for CC details. It shouldn't be difficult to set the system so that only previous orders can be redone. Like a login that asks for the order number & email address used. So even if someone did find it out, they'd only be able to pay for that person's Pandora ;)

Not being cynical but it's implied in the email that they'd prefer people to pay by bank transfer.

is the list of emails finished? I have not gotten one yet(which makes me glad)
I just hope that I didn't end up on that list of re-ordering

Kloplop321 said:
is the list of emails finished? I have not gotten one yet(which makes me glad)
I just hope that I didn't end up on that list of re-ordering
No mate, not done til the fat lady sings, er, I mean craigix gives the all clear. My guess is that will take a chunk of next week. Don't worry though, as it doesn't look too painful.

Yeah, I don't think Craig is a fat lady who coincidentally sings. :p

I still don't want to have to worry about it though

Can somebody post the e-mail? I know it may not apply to me, and that it may differ from person to person as the OP suggested, but, for the sake of information, could somebody post it?

JerryG20 said:
Can somebody post the e-mail? I know it may not apply to me, and that it may differ from person to person as the OP suggested, but, for the sake of information, could somebody post it?

Hi,

As you may have heard via the forums or from various news websites the
Pandora has been
upgraded to have 256MB of RAM and 512MB of NAND so that it will
function as a UMPC and
run things such as Ubuntu with ease.

This means Firefox, Open Office, Media players, full multitasking,
much more advanced 3D,
more advanced ports of PC games and better performance overall.

In order for you to accept this upgrade we will need to refund your
order and ask you to
reorder, this is due to our credit/debit card processor being
difficult with us about this.
The refund has been processed today but will take 1/4 working days to
credit your account.

Don't worry, the process is painless and smooth so you won't lose your
place in the queue.

It may seem strange to do this at such a late hour but we really think
256MB of RAM and
512MB of NAND will make the Pandora much more powerful and future
proof - it will be
a real micro laptop with this spec.

Yes - it may cause a delay, but we think a few months from now you
will think it was
well worth it when you see what can be done with the extra memory. We
plan to start
shipping in December with the 256MB upgrade.

There is no extra charge for this upgrade - we are paying for it. If you want to
help us out in paying for the upgrade the best way is to place your
order via a bank
transfer, as this is free within the UK - with debit and credit card
orders the bank
takes a fee.

If you don't want to re-order please let us know so we can allow other people to
make an order in your place.

Once your refund is complete and back in your account you can either
make an online
bank transfer (they are free in the UK) to:

*snip*

Please use your original order number as the reference number.

Or you can re-order via credit or debit card. Please let us know what
you would like to do.

If you have any questions you can reply to this email or phone us on
0191 243 2253.

Thanks,

Craig & The Pandora team.

I've deliberately removed the bank details for security purposes.

Back